• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

I agree. I think this one is a bad move by Disney.

let the complaining begin. I think they will get tons and tons of negative feedback on this one.

I guess there is alway moonlight magic in Sept and Oct people can try to get into.

If it I just at the beginning (like how the first few days GE was open everyone was allowed in early) I guess that is one thing but I hope not long term

I wonder if they will let people line up for RotR during EMH even if it is not open - guess that would be one advantage to on site guests

If it I just at the beginning (like how the first few days GE was open everyone was allowed in early) I guess that is one thing but I hope not long term

I wonder if they will let people line up for RotR during EMH even if it is not open - guess that would be one advantage to on site guests

This is exactly the same thing that I am thinking. People are going to use extra magic hours just to line up for rotr. There is really no way to stop that.

And let's look at the PR part of this, Disney better email, call, send a bottle in a message, whatwve etc.... whatever they have to do to let people with reservations know this. Imagine the complaints they are going to get when customers get there and find this out.

If this is long term it has disaster written all over it

I really hope Im wrong but it feels like this is a Hagrid 2.0 here. An amazing cutting-edge ride that is pushing so many limits that it just cant run non-stop throughout the day without breaking.

I really hope Im wrong but it feels like this is a Hagrid 2.0 here. An amazing cutting-edge ride that is pushing so many limits that it just cant run non-stop throughout the day without breaking.

Well from what @yulilin3 is saying it looks like this is very possible. Does make sense now why it wont be open for EMH.

But again, Disney MUST get ahead of this NOW if this is the case. They will look much better if they come out NOW and say "hey listen we made the most cutting-edge ride ever, but, there is a chance it will run into some problems now and then"

Well from what @yulilin3 is saying it looks like this is very possible. Does make sense now why it wont be open for EMH.

But again, Disney MUST get ahead of this NOW if this is the case. They will look much better if they come out NOW and say "hey listen we made the most cutting-edge ride ever, but, there is a chance it will run into some problems now and then"

I agree - the worst part with Hagrid's was that they marketed it as fully open when it was clearly still in soft opening/working out the kinks. If they had worded it as such I think the outcry would have been less severe .... hopefully Disney learned from that

I’m actually not surprised. They likely will need the extra time to keep the ride in working order.
Hopefully it will all work out better than anticipated and they will be able to add it to EMH at some point. My family won’t wait in any line longer than 30 minutes so SR was already going to be a challenge w/o FP. We may put off ROTR for a while.

Hopefully it will all work out better than anticipated and they will be able to add it to EMH at some point. My family won’t wait in any line longer than 30 minutes so SR was already going to be a challenge w/o FP. We may put off ROTR for a while.
Oh yeah you likely won’t be riding for a while then.

I’m actually not surprised. They likely will need the extra time to keep the ride in working order.

I guess I am just surprised they aren't providing more benefits for those staying on property. I get needing more downtime for the ride but didn't think it would come at expense of benefit to on site guests - especially with no FP so no 60 day benefit

I guess I am just surprised they aren't providing more benefits for those staying on property. I get needing more downtime for the ride but didn't think it would come at expense of benefit to on site guests - especially with no FP so no 60 day benefit
EMH benefits much more than onsite guests these days.

Strange look for sure. Although aside from any special runs or if Disney were to ever add more EMHs into the regular schedule, DHS only has one AM EMH per week as it is. As a guest I’m not going to get too upset or cry foul over one hour per week. I don’t say that to make excuses or to suggest that it doesn’t matter, just pointing out it’s not a significant amount of park time per week.

Granted I’ve always said that SWGE should be the reason we see weekly PM EMHs return to DHS, but that’s another topic altogether.

The problem with PM EMHs is that they are always very crowded due to offsite guests remaining in the park. The only truly exclusive EMHs are the morning ones. But it is beyond disappointing that they don't have any EMHs scheduled for December beyond the one single hour each Sunday. That's it. I understand no Fastpasses for a while and I understand that there will be downtimes, but what I did not expect was for Disney to completely disregard their onsite guests with virtually no EMHs at all in the park where it will be most needed.

I had planned my DHS day for Sunday to take advantage of EMH just for RotR. Looks like that hour will be waiting in line for RotR. Glad my first good FP+ isn't until 11:30am 😒

Very disappointed by this latest news but not surprised. As soon as I heard that RotR takes 2.5hours to turn on for operation it was only a matter of time before this announcement was made.

Oh well...roll on the queues.

With this news, if we wait 1.5 hours prior to EMH opening (what we planned), then wait an additional hour, that's at least 2.5 hours of total wait. If the wait for this ride is 3 hours, then this will be a total waste of time. If the average wait is 4 hours, then I guess RP might makes sense. With all of the rumors concerning the ride's operational issues, I don't want to rely on the shorter wait right before park closing. Really frustrating news.

Agreed. We have two mornings planned at DHS the following week. I have a Slinky Dog FP for 10:15 on one day and a Savi's workshop for 11 am on another. It took a lot of planning to get these. We don't mind doing rope drop early, but I'm not sure that we would be off in time to do the FPs. Really unsure of what to do, and we are a week away from leaving.

I had planned my DHS day for Sunday to take advantage of EMH just for RotR. Looks like that hour will be waiting in line for RotR. Glad my first good FP+ isn't until 11:30am 😒
Us, as well. DH wanted to visit WDW over Universal in early 2020 specifically for this ride and to see GE. We selected our dates specifically as a relatively low crowd timeframe (Jan 31-Feb 3). We booked CL so we could buy additional, non-tiered FP+’s. And we booked them at DHS on Sunday starting late morning with a plan of exploring GE/riding RotR during EMH, then moving onto other Tier 1 attractions. We’re now within others’ (nonCL) 60-day FP+ window, so we’d never be able to adjust our planned park days and get the same schedule benefits we paid for. I feel duped. We’re now committed to attending what is likely to be the busiest park (due to EMH) and have zero advantage to experience RotR for the additional effort and money spent. I have been a WDW lover since my parents first took me there in ‘71, and they may have finally succeeded in curing me of my addiction with this move. I’m just feeling...done. I keep thinking that maybe this is just for the holiday period, but what about all the guests who paid/planned similarly to visit over the holidays? Geez, Disney.

Last edited:
I understand the frustration about EMH and I would think it was not Disney's plans to take away RotR for the one EMH at DHS. I'm sure the decision is something that was a hard one, they rather are trying to give us the attraction now than making us wait more for it.
Please for those frustrated or upset do not take it out on the front of the line CM, they get yelled at on a daily basis for things that are not their fault.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter