• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

I understand the frustration about EMH and I would think it was not Disney's plans to take away RotR for the one EMH at DHS. I'm sure the decision is something that was a hard one, they rather are trying to give us the attraction now than making us wait more for it.
Please for those frustrated or upset do not take it out on the front of the line CM, they get yelled at on a daily basis for things that are not their fault.

Which is why like i said before Disney MUST MUST MUST get a head of this NOW!!!

90% of the people going to Disney do not read these boards. Disney has to make it clear, whether emails, signs, calls, whatever they have to do to tell RESORT GUESTS this is what is going on with the attraction.

If people know what they are getting into beforehand it will ease the tension.

90% of the people going to Disney do not read these boards. Disney has to make it clear, whether emails, signs, calls, whatever they have to do to tell RESORT GUESTS this is what is going on with the attraction.

Yes, I hope there's proper communication in the hotels

I understand the frustration about EMH and I would think it was not Disney's plans to take away RotR for the one EMH at DHS. I'm sure the decision is something that was a hard one, they rather are trying to give us the attraction now than making us wait more for it.
Please for those frustrated or upset do not take it out on the front of the line CM, they get yelled at on a daily basis for things that are not their fault.
Of course it isn't a/any CM's fault, and I'm right there with you about not taking things out on them. But if the ride's not ready for prime time, it's not ready. I'm probably alone, but I'd be happier if it weren't available yet - at least then, those of us who'd bought fully into FP+ planning around the once weekly DHS EMH hour to take advantage of the solitary benefit that could help us access the ride wouldn't be stuck, obligated to attend the park on the busiest day of the week, knowing that if we don't want to sacrifice our extra EMH hour waiting in a pre-line, we'll maybe not get to access the ride at all. I'm guessing multiple people feel exactly as trapped as I do right now.

I don't think I have ever posted anything truly down on Disney before, but right now, I AM down on them. The increase in resort /DVC rooms are beginning to far surpass the increase in parks/attractions - this is just adding insult on. I'm not a big SW enthusiast, and certainly we'll still have a great time - but I think this move has encouraged me to venture to Universal for the next few years.

With this news, if we wait 1.5 hours prior to EMH opening (what we planned), then wait an additional hour, that's at least 2.5 hours of total wait. If the wait for this ride is 3 hours, then this will be a total waste of time. If the average wait is 4 hours, then I guess RP might makes sense. With all of the rumors concerning the ride's operational issues, I don't want to rely on the shorter wait right before park closing. Really frustrating news.
..............or you suck it up and you are standing there at 9am and they tell everybody there is a technical difficulty and they have no idea when it will open.

We have experienced this many times for Test Track and a few times for Expedition Everest and FEA..

Last edited:

Though not everything is open for EMH in general. For MK for example they don’t have everything open for morning EMH. Disney doesn’t explicitly put stuff in hotel rooms or whatever for that.

After the opening week passes my plan would be to arrive between 5am-6am with a large coffee and a good book and just wait to rope drop the ROTR queue, assuming they allow that of course. Preferably on a EMH day. If you haven't done MFSR, save that for a rope drop on a second day(or see how waits are later in the day). It's pretty easy to rope drop if you get there 45 minutes before opening.

Though not everything is open for EMH in general. For MK for example they don’t have everything open for morning EMH. Disney doesn’t explicitly put stuff in hotel rooms or whatever for that.

But with the level of anticipation for this ride I think we are looking at a different situation.

If the ride is having problems and Disney knows it they should get a head of it now. Explain it clearly to the customer. It took the accident on the Skyliner for them to put up signs saying there might be stops and it might be down from time to time.

It's really more than just that RotR won't be available for EMH. It's disappointing, as I and I'm sure many others, were really hoping it would be available during that time but it's also that there are no EMHs (other than the one hour on Sunday) to allow resort guests the one perk of being able to do other things in that hour. We were counting on at least entering the land, riding MF:SR, and doing some exploring before the masses. As it stands now, there are no EMHs, no extended park hours and we're looking at spending a huge portion of the park day waiting to experience this ride, or bypassing it altogether to be able to use our long-planned FastPasses and do all the other attractions.

But with the level of anticipation for this ride I think we are looking at a different situation.

If the ride is having problems and Disney knows it they should get a head of it now. Explain it clearly to the customer. It took the accident on the Skyliner for them to put up signs saying there might be stops and it might be down from time to time.
I suppose but at the same time guests should expect that a ride or transportation can go down at any time. This isn’t anything new.

I suppose but at the same time guests should expect that a ride or transportation can go down at any time. This isn’t anything new.

Yeah well the key words there are "should expect" lol

You and I know that from being there so much but you have the people who expect perfection from "Disney Magic".

Heck I was there 3 weeks ago waiting on a line and the person behind us was complaining there was a 30 min wait for Smugglers.

Yeah well the key words there are "should expect" lol

You and I know that from being there so much but you have the people who expect perfection from "Disney Magic".

Heck I was there 3 weeks ago waiting on a line and the person behind us was complaining there was a 30 min wait for Smugglers.
Of course but at the same time even putting things in the room won’t change that. People are entitled and need instant gratification.

I think that there will always be people that complain no matter what Disney does or doesn't do. But Disney should also be proactive and have the signs or out in the resorts. Then when people complain Disney can say "hey you were warned at your resort, your room, entrance to the park"
Like they do at universal, at the entrance to the park and the land they have signs saying hagrid wil close earlier than park hours

It's really more than just that RotR won't be available for EMH. It's disappointing, as I and I'm sure many others, were really hoping it would be available during that time but it's also that there are no EMHs (other than the one hour on Sunday) to allow resort guests the one perk of being able to do other things in that hour. We were counting on at least entering the land, riding MF:SR, and doing some exploring before the masses. As it stands now, there are no EMHs, no extended park hours and we're looking at spending a huge portion of the park day waiting to experience this ride, or bypassing it altogether to be able to use our long-planned FastPasses and do all the other attractions.
I couldn't have said it better.

Well......

After what was just shown on the special anyone planning on getting there earlier next week before the line hits the Florida Turnpike?
We will be driving down from Atlanta on the 6th of December. What is the best alternate route to Old Key West?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter