Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

I think a ton of people will be shocked to find out their ADR is for standing room and/or shared space for a bar with no food. Even a lot of people here on the boards (who know a heck of a lot more than the average guest) don’t seem to know that. I just hope sticker shock doesn’t add to their unpreparedness...

@mckennarose defiantly this is a better plan the couple can go on mini date, have some kid free time and enjoy the bar atmosphere and the kids have some time with Grandma. I would say, from the time they separate and the couple go to check in at the host stand to the time they meet up again would probably be about 90 minutes. If they just try to take the kids in there, no one will enjoy it... moooooom I cant see, moooom Im being pushed, mooom I dont like this drink.... mooooom Im hungry, .... mooooom my feet hurt ...

@mckennarose defiantly this is a better plan the couple can go on mini date, have some kid free time and enjoy the bar atmosphere and the kids have some time with Grandma. I would say, from the time they separate and the couple go to check in at the host stand to the time they meet up again would probably be about 90 minutes. If they just try to take the kids in there, no one will enjoy it... moooooom I cant see, moooom Im being pushed, mooom I dont like this drink.... mooooom Im hungry, .... mooooom my feet hurt ...
You just described the 4 year old to a T! LOL! Yes, I think that's a much better plan for them.

Also, they have not been following Oga's from DL, not seen any videos on SWGE from DL and they are a little in the dark. They found it hard to believe that not only will they have 45 minutes in Oga's, but probably a time limit in general to be in SWGE! I can only pass on the info. :rolleyes:
DH and I are going for opening week and we have an ADR for Oga's.... BUT I have been following news from DL so I feel a little more prepared. The only things I'm concerned about are
1. our Oga's is not until 5:20 pm....I wasn't planning on getting to HS super early (we're offsite anyway so can't get in until 9) And if by the time we arrive we won't be let in HS at all? Or how early exactly SHOULD we get there? Maybe we'll Uber or Lyft....??
2. how this possible VQ will work? I guess no one knows just yet, until it's implemented.

I am going to bring my 7 and 10 year old. Worse case scenario we check out the atmosphere and take our drinks to go. A pp said you can request that. It’s an experience to try at least. Of course I have a 10am so I’m thinking cinnamon roll and spiked coffee 😀

I heard somewhere (The DIS podcast, I think?) that the alcoholic drink sizes at Oga's are quite small, like a small "Dixie cup" (I'm guessing around 5 oz.?) and mostly ice. Does anyone know the size of the pour for a beer at Oga's? And I'm also interested in one of the non-alcoholic beverages - any estimates as to size?

I think a ton of people will be shocked to find out their ADR is for standing room and/or shared space for a bar with no food. Even a lot of people here on the boards (who know a heck of a lot more than the average guest) don’t seem to know that. I just hope sticker shock doesn’t add to their unpreparedness...

That's on them. Usually if I go somewhere I've never been I check out the menu.

That's on them. Usually if I go somewhere I've never been I check out the menu.

I always found it a bit odd to find they do have "limited" seating, its a bar, WTH, seriously if you walked into any other bar with "limited" seating would one stay??

I am going to bring my 7 and 10 year old. Worse case scenario we check out the atmosphere and take our drinks to go. A pp said you can request that. It’s an experience to try at least. Of course I have a 10am so I’m thinking cinnamon roll and spiked coffee 😀

Technically they switch to lunch at 10am so we don’t know yet if the cinnamon rolls will stop then too.

The blue milk tastes a little like coconut, but not overwhelmingly like it. It's mostly a generic "fruity" flavor, kind of berry like. I have not tried green milk but have heard it's more "earthy" and some say it tastes kind of like sour grass, which sounds absolutely disgusting to me.
I had the blue milk with rum here at WDW and the coconut taste is not over powering at all. It was actually really good, and a good portion for an alcoholic beverage. Unfortunately I did not try blue or green without alcohol
View attachment 424016

Thanks for the replies!! Sounds like the blue's at least a likely winner; from the way the green is described I may give it a pass in favor of other snacks. I didn't realize you could get rum in it, though? I know in Oga's there's a different, non-frozen blue milk, but if you can get a rum-laced frozen one from the stand that sounds like it could be a good move for the day when I won't have an Oga's ADR.

I always found it a bit odd to find they do have "limited" seating, its a bar, WTH, seriously if you walked into any other bar with "limited" seating would one stay??
I think that might be the point for now. If people stay in the cantina very long, there will be lots of unhappy potential customers that can’t get in.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere (The DIS podcast, I think?) that the alcoholic drink sizes at Oga's are quite small, like a small "Dixie cup" (I'm guessing around 5 oz.?) and mostly ice. Does anyone know the size of the pour for a beer at Oga's? And I'm also interested in one of the non-alcoholic beverages - any estimates as to size?
I had a bloody rancor at DL and it was a regular cocktail glass (10-12oz) with a decent pour of vodka (I could taste it). Friends I travelled with and I also had a pint of beer - Bad Motivator IPA and it was a standard pint, if memory serves... might have been a 12oz schooner, but I don't think it was small. Definitely wasn't a Dixie cup small. Other friends tried the Bespin Fizz and it was a tall slender glass, likely 10-12oz. All the drinks I saw around the bar were good sized and really festive to look at. I certainly wasn't disappointed!

Some pics... 1st is a non-alcoholic, Jabba Juice? can't remember, but about 12oz.
 DrinkA.jpg
Then a Carbon Freeze (can't remember what he ordered w/ boba pearls).
 DrinkB.jpg
Bloody Rancor & Blue Bantha in the background (blue milk non-frozen, non-alcoholic, w/ cookie!).
 DrinkC.jpg
The Batuu Bits snack (some spicy, mostly asian inspired flavored crackers - tasty!).
 Snack.jpg

Last edited:
I heard somewhere (The DIS podcast, I think?) that the alcoholic drink sizes at Oga's are quite small, like a small "Dixie cup" (I'm guessing around 5 oz.?) and mostly ice. Does anyone know the size of the pour for a beer at Oga's? And I'm also interested in one of the non-alcoholic beverages - any estimates as to size
You "heard " wrong
These were my drinks
cantina drinks day 1.JPG

On the right is Fuzzy Tauntaun which is Ciroc peach vodka, Bols peach schnapps, orange juice, sugar buzz foam

On the left is Blue Bantha - Star Wars Blue Milk

drinks.jpg

On the right is T-16 Skyhopper which is Tito's handmade Vodka, Bols Melon Liqueur, Kiiwi and half & half

On the left is Jabba Juice which is Orange juice, Pineapple juice, Cantaloupe juice and Blueberry popping pearls

Actually its very normal to have limited seating in bars in Ireland and UK. While the situation at Ogas Cantina is far less seating seating than I have seen in regular bars here, I have been to bars which are kinda similar and have those standing tables.

@BadPinkTink : how was the Fuzzy Tauntaun? That's on my list but I'm wondering about the numbing effect? It doesn't actually taste like peppers, right? How numb does it make you and does the sensation go down your throat, which might freak me out. LOL!

Actually its very normal to have limited seating in bars in Ireland and UK. While the situation at Ogas Cantina is far less seating seating than I have seen in regular bars here, I have been to bars which are kinda similar and have those standing tables.

See I found my experience just the opposite when I was in Ireland and the UK, with the one exception at the Temple Bar in Dublin, but come to think of it Europe is odd at that way but here in the US seats are definitely a good thing as I would not stay if I had to stand the entire time I was in the bar......

@BadPinkTink : how was the Fuzzy Tauntaun? That's on my list but I'm wondering about the numbing effect? It doesn't actually taste like peppers, right? How numb does it make you and does the sensation go down your throat, which might freak me out. LOL!
Its interesting, defiantly not like peppers. It wears off after few minutes, its more like the numbness after brain freeze with an icecream. It was only my lips that felt a bit tingly and numb

Its interesting, defiantly not like peppers. It wears off after few minutes, its more like the numbness after brain freeze with an icecream. It was only my lips that felt a bit tingly and numb
Thanks! I was very curious about it! That had me scratching my head, along with HOW are we doing to carry the Rancor Tooth flight around when we leave because it's so big! That is, if they put it on the menu.....
What would you recommend? We generally don't like super-sweet drinks and I read somewhere over the past few months that the drinks are actually pre-made and there are no liquor bottles in sight at DL. If I get something on the sweeter side I usually ask the bartender to cut back on some of the sugary stuff.

Thanks! I was very curious about it! That had me scratching my head, along with HOW are we doing to carry the Rancor Tooth flight around when we leave because it's so big! That is, if they put it on the menu.....
What would you recommend? We generally don't like super-sweet drinks and I read somewhere over the past few months that the drinks are actually pre-made and there are no liquor bottles in sight at DL. If I get something on the sweeter side I usually ask the bartender to cut back on some of the sugary stuff.

On the drinks menu it lists out the ingredients, the description I put on the photos above are from the menu. My advice is to not get side tracked by the effects of your table mates drinks or the funny names but to read the drinks descriptions and to pick something based on the taste. Yes as far as I could tell the drinks are premade, I had a walk around the bar and I didnt see any action like you would see at Hard Rock Cafe or Cheesecake Factory for example, where they actually mix the drinks to order.

Is the Fuzzy TaunTaun the only drink with the numbing foam? It seemed like it was but just wanted to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter