• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

WRT to taking kids to Oga's, as with the entire land, not all kids are going to see it as just a bar. My kids will be excited because we've arrived at a galaxy far, far away, and we're *living* in it. These are kids who have each dressed as Star Wars characters at Halloween, and at fandom conventions and May the Fourth events as cosplays. I am concerned about my ~46" 5yo needing help with her drink and such (she *definitely* wants Oga's Obsession jello), but we will find a way to deal. They've watched the videos and are ready to be a part of that world.
I'm laughing at the idea that this place will be at all inappropriate outside of standing tables unfriendly to folks in there on a child's ticket or kids who don't know enough or care enough about "Star Wars." Think of all the other places they serve alcohol at WDW. No one can smoke or vape, it's not a pick-up joint, the entertainment will not be lewd, rude, or crude. There's no Wet Jedi Tunic Contest. People can't order more than two drinks or stay longer than 45 minutes, so their ability to get roarin' drunk is limited to those who decided to "pre-game" it at the other high-priced alcohol-serving places in the park. Food & Wine sounds like it can get more inappropriate. 😉 All the usual WDW rules of conduct will be in place. All the way to the 10pm closing time.

I think it depends on what the kids
WRT to taking kids to Oga's, as with the entire land, not all kids are going to see it as just a bar. My kids will be excited because we've arrived at a galaxy far, far away, and we're *living* in it. These are kids who have each dressed as Star Wars characters at Halloween, and at fandom conventions and May the Fourth events as cosplays. I am concerned about my ~46" 5yo needing help with her drink and such (she *definitely* wants Oga's Obsession jello), but we will find a way to deal. They've watched the videos and are ready to be a part of that world.
I'm laughing at the idea that this place will be at all inappropriate outside of standing tables unfriendly to folks in there on a child's ticket or kids who don't know enough or care enough about "Star Wars." Think of all the other places they serve alcohol at WDW. No one can smoke or vape, it's not a pick-up joint, the entertainment will not be lewd, rude, or crude. There's no Wet Jedi Tunic Contest. People can't order more than two drinks or stay longer than 45 minutes, so their ability to get roarin' drunk is limited to those who decided to "pre-game" it at the other high-priced alcohol-serving places in the park. Food & Wine sounds like it can get more inappropriate. 😉 All the usual WDW rules of conduct will be in place. All the way to the 10pm closing time.
Thanks for the laugh :D
I agree, it really depends on what your kids are used to. Some kids like a more quiet, relaxed enviorenment while others are just fine in a party atmosphere. And when I say party I mean fun, everyone laughing, loud music, loud conversation. I am hispanic and we used to have family parties every weekend so I grew up knowing what a rowdy party looks like, Oga's is not that. It's just fun and yes, loud. Each parent will know their kids best so make the decision for yourself

Thanks! I was very curious about it! That had me scratching my head, along with HOW are we doing to carry the Rancor Tooth flight around when we leave because it's so big! That is, if they put it on the menu.....
What would you recommend? We generally don't like super-sweet drinks and I read somewhere over the past few months that the drinks are actually pre-made and there are no liquor bottles in sight at DL. If I get something on the sweeter side I usually ask the bartender to cut back on some of the sugary stuff.

They cannot customize drinks at all. The sweetest ones are the nonalcoholic ones. I had the Fuzzy Tauntaun and it wasn't TOO sweet, mostly because it had a lot of ice. It was about as sweet as a cup of orange juice. I liked it a lot. The jedi mind trick is also not super sweet, but it's a smaller drink served without ice. It's pretty strong.

Is there a way to determine if any of the Oga’s drinks are gluten free? I need to find out so we know what options are available to DH.

Is there a way to determine if any of the Oga’s drinks are gluten free? I need to find out so we know what options are available to DH.

I would say all of them. How would they sneak gluten into drinks that are primarily juice and alcohol? I'm seriously asking...not being facetious. The blue milk and the bloody rancor come with cookies, so I'd say avoid those or ask for no cookie. They sit the cookie on top of the drink. The "bone" in the bloody rancor is a meringue, so probably GF. The cookie on the blue milk is a shortbread, so likely not GF.

The milk itself might be iffy also, as it likely contains a thickening agent that you may want to ensure is GF. The remainder of the drinks are standard alcohol, juice, liqueur, Powerade combos.

Which did you prefer? I think I’ve got it narrowed down to one or the other...

BOTH :) I chose the drinks based on ingredients and flavor. You can have 2 drinks so why not order both of them :)

I would say all of them. How would they sneak gluten into drinks that are primarily juice and alcohol? I'm seriously asking...not being facetious. The blue milk and the bloody rancor come with cookies, so I'd say avoid those or ask for no cookie. They sit the cookie on top of the drink. The "bone" in the bloody rancor is a meringue, so probably GF. The cookie on the blue milk is a shortbread, so likely not GF.

The milk itself might be iffy also, as it likely contains a thickening agent that you may want to ensure is GF. The remainder of the drinks are standard alcohol, juice, liqueur, Powerade combos.
I have read that even some alcohol will cause gluten sensitive people issues. We tend to drink wine rather than liqueurs so am unsure. He had to give up beer. Just hoping to prevent a reaction which would put him out of commission for part of the trip.

I have read that even some alcohol will cause gluten sensitive people issues. We tend to drink wine rather than liqueurs so am unsure. He had to give up beer. Just hoping to prevent a reaction which would put him out of commission for part of the trip.

Ah yes, beer isn't usually GF. I forgot about that.

However, I think most of the drinks should be fine as long as one can tolerate rum and vodka. There aren't too may drinks with liqueurs (midori, falernum, acai liqueur, and various bitters). Glancing over the menu, they list the brand names of all the alcohols so you can likely Google whether they are GF. However, it seems all naturally GF on first glance.

Last edited:
With ingredients listed on the menu you can probably get a basic idea ahead of time on your own, but when dealing with any kind of allergy or intolerance in WDW you can always ask your server about ingredients. I can't have corn syrup (high fructose or otherwise), and they've always been fantastic about having an allergen binder on hand and bringing it out when requested. I absolutely would never trust that something is completely free of a common food substance just because it seems weird for that substance to be in there; if he absolutely can't have gluten you'll need to ask a CM. The blue bantha milk, for instance--I've heard it's thick. What's the thickener? It's little things like that where unexpected ingredients can sneak in. Not saying I'm sure there's an allergen lurking in that specific example, just that it's the kind of thing that always makes me double check.
I always found it a bit odd to find they do have "limited" seating, its a bar, WTH, seriously if you walked into any other bar with "limited" seating would one stay??
They don't want you to stay, though. I expect the limited seating is one of the ways they plan to organically perform crowd control in the long term, after the reservations and time limits (hopefully) become unnecessary. If they made it an especially comfortable place to hang out for hours, there wouldn't be guest turnover because other people wouldn't be able to get in. They can get more people through (and sell more drinks) if a lot of people spend a short time there than if a few groups linger a long time...and more of us will get to enjoy it. That's really my only complaint about Trader Sam's; it was a fun place but even on a weeknight it was hard to get a spot and there was no incentive for anyone to leave and make room for newcomers.

With ingredients listed on the menu you can probably get a basic idea ahead of time on your own, but when dealing with any kind of allergy or intolerance in WDW you can always ask your server about ingredients. I can't have corn syrup (high fructose or otherwise), and they've always been fantastic about having an allergen binder on hand and bringing it out when requested. I absolutely would never trust that something is completely free of a common food substance just because it seems weird for that substance to be in there; if he absolutely can't have gluten you'll need to ask a CM. The blue bantha milk, for instance--I've heard it's thick. What's the thickener? It's little things like that where unexpected ingredients can sneak in. Not saying I'm sure there's an allergen lurking in that specific example, just that it's the kind of thing that always makes me double check.
I'm concerned with the crowding expected at SWGE and the chaos/volume in Oga's and at the outside stands (milk, Ronto Roasters, KatSaka's Kettle) that it will be difficult to get this level of attention and communication. I've already seen the allergen menu posted on page one of this post, but it leaves me with more questions than it answers.
Has anyone with a dairy allergy (or, for Pucks104 and others, Celiac) eaten at a SWGE location that doesn't have a posted allergy menu? I'm hoping for a dairy free Ronto Wrap even if the sauce or slaw is left off or if I need to eat the meats and leave the bread. I'm also hoping that the flavored popcorn at Kat Saka's is dairy free.
Dairy free - anyone?!

I will continue to do some research about the ingredients in the drinks because gluten really makes DH quite ill. A couple of the options look promising. I may try to call before the trip and talk to Disney’s dietary department.

I'm concerned with the crowding expected at SWGE and the chaos/volume in Oga's and at the outside stands (milk, Ronto Roasters, KatSaka's Kettle) that it will be difficult to get this level of attention and communication. I've already seen the allergen menu posted on page one of this post, but it leaves me with more questions than it answers.
Has anyone with a dairy allergy (or, for Pucks104 and others, Celiac) eaten at a SWGE location that doesn't have a posted allergy menu? I'm hoping for a dairy free Ronto Wrap even if the sauce or slaw is left off or if I need to eat the meats and leave the bread. I'm also hoping that the flavored popcorn at Kat Saka's is dairy free.
Dairy free - anyone?!
It won't matter the amount of people there, when you approach a cm that deals with food and you ask for an allergy menu, you will get the undivided attention of a coordinator and, if needed, a chef.
Disney doesn't joke around or skip steps when it comes to allergies

This is going to be a really odd question but... is there anyone that has had the frozen blue milk AND the blue bantha at Oga's? I have an Oga's reservation and wanted to order the bantha but heard from some reviews the texture of the milk unfrozen is disconcerting. I was hoping to find someone that could compare both because I have to drink at least one blue thing darn it and I don't drink alcohol so that rules out a lot of options! :P There is a running joke in my house that I'm attracted to blue foods (Hey, they tend to taste like raspberry and blueberry and those are my jam! Jam! Get it?)

This is going to be a really odd question but... is there anyone that has had the frozen blue milk AND the blue bantha at Oga's? I have an Oga's reservation and wanted to order the bantha but heard from some reviews the texture of the milk unfrozen is disconcerting. I was hoping to find someone that could compare both because I have to drink at least one blue thing darn it and I don't drink alcohol so that rules out a lot of options! :P There is a running joke in my house that I'm attracted to blue foods (Hey, they tend to taste like raspberry and blueberry and those are my jam! Jam! Get it?)

Get the frozen one and drink it quickly. We had a frozen one. It was okay. I took a sip towards the end, and it wasn't frozen anymore, and it almost made me gag. It is, for lack of a better term, slimy. The one in the bar is the exact same recipe, just served chilled rather than frozen.

Get the frozen one and drink it quickly. We had a frozen one. It was okay. I took a sip towards the end, and it wasn't frozen anymore, and it almost made me gag. It is, for lack of a better term, slimy. The one in the bar is the exact same recipe, just served chilled rather than frozen.

Slimy yet satisfying? JK! That just sounds way too odd. Frozen one it is for me then. I don't want to risk the possibility of weeeeird viscosity. 😝 Thank you for the help!

Slimy yet satisfying? JK! That just sounds way too odd. Frozen one it is for me then. I don't want to risk the possibility of weeeeird viscosity. 😝 Thank you for the help!

LOL. It reminded me of when you have a smoothie, and it's great when its frozen, but then when it starts melting, it just tastes like thick fruit juice. This just tasted like "thick milk" and it was not appealing. The flavor on its own isn't good enough to overcome the weird texture, IMO. When it was frozen, I could convince myself it was a milkshake.

I am just making sure I am not missing it. There are no reservations for docking bay 7 correct? Even for the first weekend? I just want to make sure I shouldn't be on the lookout somewhere I am missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter