Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland Vs DisWorld

JasonMak2000

Mouseketeer
Will Star Wars GE be essentially the same at Land and World? Roughly same footprint? Same attractions? And which do you think will have more of an impact on crowds. World could see less lines at other parks if everyone is at GE but Land may just be crowded everywhere. Thoughts?

At least at WDW you can avoid it somewhat by avoiding DHS. But there isn't as much to balance it out in that park. But I still think DL be more affected. Can you imagine plunking SWL down in the MK?

Bottom line though is that I think it will attract more people than it can hold. So crowds will be up all over.

The first few years, I will definitely prefer DL SWL. They will both be exactly the same. However, DL has a lot more rides than HS to balance out the crowds. But the big thing is for people like me who are willing be up as early or late as necessary, DL will get me on the rides more. I know for sure I’ll want to repeat both rides as much as possible and the FP system at DL will help a lot more there. For example, at WDW if I stay on site, I might have a chance to get a Fastpass for one of the two rides and then the only other ways to have a short wait is to rope drop and maybe not have a 7 hour wait at park closing. At DL with Maxpass it should be possible to get a FP for one ride and then get one for the other ride as the 2nd FP and maybe even get a repeat FP for super late for one of them. Also, I can justify going to DL more days because there’s so many good rides there. HS will still most likely only be a 1 day park.

I agree with the previous poster - maxpass, as it is now, will trump FP+ up one side and down the other, that is of course if it is not altered for Star Wars rides, which it might be, or it might cost more to which I say - name your price, when we spend thousands just to get there a few hundred more for the premier experience would mean nothing!

I agree with the previous poster - maxpass, as it is now, will trump FP+ up one side and down the other, that is of course if it is not altered for Star Wars rides, which it might be, or it might cost more to which I say - name your price, when we spend thousands just to get there a few hundred more for the premier experience would mean nothing!
Probably will cost more as they love to say introductory pricing .

Will Star Wars GE be essentially the same at Land and World? Roughly same footprint? Same attractions? And which do you think will have more of an impact on crowds. World could see less lines at other parks if everyone is at GE but Land may just be crowded everywhere. Thoughts?

Others have weighed in on the crowds, but the lands are supposed to be pretty much the same. They will have the same two rides, though the layout may be slightly different.

Curious also about the crowd effect on other rides/parks. Do you think crowds may be potentially lighter at WDW other 3 parks because everyone is at SWL at HS ? Will lines be crazy at other rides at DL because no one can get on Star Wars rides and they have no where else to go?

Curious also about the crowd effect on other rides/parks. Do you think crowds may be potentially lighter at WDW other 3 parks because everyone is at SWL at HS ? Will lines be crazy at other rides at DL because no one can get on Star Wars rides and they have no where else to go?

I do not think the other three parks at WDW will see lighter attendance. If anything it will be drawing more people to WDW as a whole, and those people will be spread around. Of course, HS will be more popular than ever, though I expect that it will be like Pandora in that the early crowds will go there first thing leaving the rest of the park a bit emptier for longer after rope drop. Those people will eventually filter to the rest of the park though.

With Disneyland, I think it will be a draw, but for the many locals, they may show up just to check out Star Wars and call it a day, so I feel the park as a whole will fare better at least as it relates to wait times. I have no idea what they will do with all the people regarding the size of the walkways and such at DL. It's going to be crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter