• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are naming/building an entire attraction after a ship from the original trilogy. I don't think a drink named after a a transportation process will break the emersion.

Fair point and I agree, one drink name won't ruin things - more just fearful of it being a bunch of these things that reference the events of the movies that had nothing to do with the location of the setting (so more, that this is just the tip of the iceberg)

Interesting.

Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Cookbook is up for pre order right now on Amazon. https://amzn.to/2BjHYlM

Release date Nov 5 2019.

Would they put this out before the parks are both opened? Something tells me no!

Before either open, no .... before both, I think yes - given they are both going to basically the same for people who want to know the details they will be out there once the first one opens

I think we are all so antsy for this to be real, that we are just spinning our wheels and talking to fill the void. In reality, I see even the most rabid, on-story fans being over the moon once they actually set foot in the land. I do have faith that they will have a unique experience here. While there may be nods and easter eggs, I think the merch will be different and every sense will be immersed, from sights to sounds to smells.

Looks like they may have honed in on the entrance/exits to Smuggler's Run. The actual pod entrances and exits are unique based on the models/images viewed last night.

Interesting. You would think that the trackless ride would not need a huge height restriction.
Ratatouille and Mystic Manor (two trackless rides) do not have height requirements. They might do one for rise of the resistance though as its supposed to be different from those other ones.

Falcon will very likely have a height requirement though.

Interesting. You would think that the trackless ride would not need a huge height restriction.

I suppose it will come down to how intense the movement is and if the fact it will go up and down between levels impacts things and, related to that, what type of restraint is needed

I believe other trackless rides - like Ratatouille and Mystic Manor do not have height restrictions. Definitely would be nice if at least one ride in the new land all guests could ride

I suppose it will come down to how intense the movement is and if the fact it will go up and down between levels impacts things and, related to that, what type of restraint is needed

I believe other trackless rides - like Ratatouille and Mystic Manor do not have height restrictions. Definitely would be nice if at least one ride in the new land all guests could ride
Yes, I agree, it would be nice!

From the (likely unreliable) rumors I’ve heard, the trackless ride sounds pretty intense...although the shots of the actual ride vehicle do seem like it could accommodate most.

Ratatouille and Mystic Manor (two trackless rides) do not have height requirements. They might do one for rise of the resistance though as its supposed to be different from those other ones.

Not that it really parallels, but the trackless Penguin ride at SeaWorld has a height restriction of 4' without a supervising companion (their wording). I wonder why Disney/Seaworld differ on these type of rides.

Not that it really parallels, but the trackless Penguin ride at SeaWorld has a height restriction of 4' without a supervising companion (their wording). I wonder why Disney/Seaworld differ on these type of rides.
Likely has to do with their safety restrictions and probably the ride manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter