Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see what sort of effect having largely similar lands open at both parks within the same year.
I'm sure they have the data somewhere to show just how many people cross shop california vs Florida.

Logistically I can't help but think that the early opening in California helps the Florida version work out some kinks early on.
For as eager as we were to see 7dmt and then Pandora open, I think SWGE is going to change thing more dramatically than anything previously.

I think the first day numbers could be accurate, but I don't think it will maintain 8 hour lines for an entire year. That's unlikely I think. The first couple of months might be rough, but it'll become popular yet manageable after a bit, like any other new thing they open.

although Flight of Passage has maintained it's 1.5 - 2 hour waits and I think this will be more than that. 8 hours does seem extreme but I could see ~3hours being pretty standard for quite some time

although Flight of Passage has maintained it's 1.5 - 2 hour waits and I think this will be more than that. 8 hours does seem extreme but I could see ~3hours being pretty standard for quite some time

Oh sure, 2+ hours seems reasonable, but 8? I just don't see it happening. That's pretty extreme. Sure there will be some spikes, but also some lulls. An 8 hour average for a year seems pretty out there though.

I'm wondering if the summer dates of Free Dining have anything to do with it, considering it's usually in the fall that we see free dining. I'm wondering if they're shooting for a Mid October opening for SWGE, and know they will need the free dining over the summer to keep the appeal for summer months since most people would just post pone their trips to be there after SWGE opens.

I'm wondering if the summer dates of Free Dining have anything to do with it, considering it's usually in the fall that we see free dining. I'm wondering if they're shooting for a Mid October opening for SWGE, and know they will need the free dining over the summer to keep the appeal for summer months since most people would just post pone their trips to be there after SWGE opens.

Everything I have seen shows they are anticipating a slow summer - so I definitely think that is why the free dining covers the summer months.

Now, I don't know if that means definitely October for GE - there are other new things for the Fall as well and also Disney's fiscal year ends Sept 30th, so I think that is one reason that is the end of the promotion. But definitely won't see GE before October 1st - and I think some sort of previews in Oct/Nov with full opening early Dec, something like that

Everything I have seen shows they are anticipating a slow summer - so I definitely think that is why the free dining covers the summer months.

Now, I don't know if that means definitely October for GE - there are other new things for the Fall as well and also Disney's fiscal year ends Sept 30th, so I think that is one reason that is the end of the promotion. But definitely won't see GE before October 1st - and I think some sort of previews in Oct/Nov with full opening early Dec, something like that
So DL opens in June....isn't WDW 3 months behind DL?

Logistically I can't help but think that the early opening in California helps the Florida version work out some kinks early on.

No doubt. I would also think that once the technical resources that are dedicated to California's SWGE finish the initial design/runs, then that should free them to head over the WDW's SWGE. So then a question might be, are the WDW's timelines already factoring that in or can that actually bring the timeline in?

No doubt. I would also think that once the technical resources that are dedicated to California's SWGE finish the initial design/runs, then that should free them to head over the WDW's SWGE. So then a question might be, are the WDW's timelines already factoring that in or can that actually bring the timeline in?

I would assume they take that into account - and also the potential for any delays .... also not sure how many resources they would ship over - maybe some of the really specialized skills and just knowledge transfer, sure, but the regular workers I think wouldn’t come

I would assume they take that into account - and also the potential for any delays .... also not sure how many resources they would ship over - maybe some of the really specialized skills and just knowledge transfer, sure, but the regular workers I think wouldn’t come

I agree that non-technical resources wouldn't need to be sent to WDW. But, the Imagineers and those contractors with the electrical/mechanical/software/firmware/etc., would be freed once their "module" or phase is complete. A timeline buffer is surely factored in, but the optimist in me thinks it is reasonable to fall (no pun intended) on the earlier side of the timeline for WDW.

I agree that non-technical resources wouldn't need to be sent to WDW. But, the Imagineers and those contractors with the electrical/mechanical/software/firmware/etc., would be freed once their "module" or phase is complete. A timeline buffer is surely factored in, but the optimist in me thinks it is reasonable to fall (no pun intended) on the earlier side of the timeline for WDW.

I definitely think the aspect that they can work out any kinks with Disneyland’s should help with WDW - if not accelerate a bunch at least minimize technical delays (now something like a hurricane or similar is out of their control).

Dsny news cast seems to be pretty accurate and is saying December for GE. It also seems some others that thought November on here are now adding December to their time line. Ive been guessing week before xmas but only time will tell.

Dsny news cast seems to be pretty accurate and is saying December for GE. It also seems some others that thought November on here are now adding December to their time line. Ive been guessing week before xmas but only time will tell.

DSNY does a good job of bringing together a lot of others reports concisely but he is just repeating what others are saying

It was “Late Fall” which pointed to December but now some insiders are saying more likely Oct/Nov - but I think there will be previews and paid previews and stuff so could be initial opening in Nov but not full opening until December. We shall see

I highly doubt Disney is going to open this land a week before the busiest week of the year at Walt Disney World. IF it opens in December, I would say within the first week. That way they have a chance to get the rundown setup to how they will handle all of the Holiday crowds.

However, the term of "late fall" becoming "fall" makes me think a November opening.

I highly doubt Disney is going to open this land a week before the busiest week of the year at Walt Disney World. IF it opens in December, I would say within the first week. That way they have a chance to get the rundown setup to how they will handle all of the Holiday crowds.

However, the term of "late fall" becoming "fall" makes me think a November opening.
I am thinking November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter