Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think they'll open the Skyliner early from CB to HS for opening weekend?? We happened to book the CB for Labor Day weekend long before they announced GE - and I'm still hoping they may have a secret soft opening for hotel guests. If it's functional it'd be crazy not to use it to move people.
I am hoping to see it going from POP I think it goes POP CBR then DHS right? that would be amazing. and since one of us is disabled and uses a scooter, the scooter access will be appreciated instead of having to wait for another bus if both scooter spots are taken.

I am hoping to see it going from POP I think it goes POP CBR then DHS right? that would be amazing. and since one of us is disabled and uses a scooter, the scooter access will be appreciated instead of having to wait for another bus if both scooter spots are taken.
yes Pop/AoA to CB to DHS

i too have FP for Epcot for the afternoon

with my ADR for Sci Fi, if we really are exhausted and don't want it, I think I can "modify it" to a later date, correct? (and avoid the cancel fee. eek)
IF another SciFi is available, then yes. I've never been penalized if switching to a later time...not sure about a different date. If it's too close to your ADR time you may have to call to modify it, though. I want to say if it's within an hour or so.

I am still anxiously awaiting some kind of announcement about camping out the night before opening day. For those of you that are planning on getting in line the night before or super early the morning of, what time are you planning on arriving?

I am still anxiously awaiting some kind of announcement about camping out the night before opening day. For those of you that are planning on getting in line the night before or super early the morning of, what time are you planning on arriving?
I really do hate posting things before Disney announces them. But now that CM parking and entrance has moved to another location, the main guest parking lot can in fact close for the night. I have been told the parking lot will open at midnight and that they are trying to open the park (not the land) for people to wait inside around 3am. Again, all rumors at this point
They will be testing the VQ during this week's CM preview so I think we can expect use of it from day one

Please let the VQ from Day 1 be a thing!!!!!!! If we don’t have to line up an hour before EEMH even starts I’ll be so happy (as will the nonmorning person teenager)

For those of you that are planning on getting in line the night before or super early the morning of, what time are you planning on arriving?
Whenever @yulilin3 tells me to? ;) I'm sure we'll get an official time eventually, and I'll aim to be there a bit before that, I guess.

I have been told the parking lot will open at midnight and that they are trying to open the park (not the land) for people to wait inside around 3am. Again, all rumors at this point
Drat. I was really hoping for something later than midnight, though that was my expectation. Okay, so realistically, if we assume the midnight parking lot opening to happen, I'll want to be in my car on Osceola when, do you think? I'm not getting ANY sleep, am I lol?!

Whenever @yulilin3 tells me to? ;) I'm sure we'll get an official time eventually, and I'll aim to be there a bit before that, I guess.

Drat. I was really hoping for something later than midnight, though that was my expectation. Okay, so realistically, if we assume the midnight parking lot opening to happen, I'll want to be in my car on Osceola when, do you think? I'm not getting ANY sleep, am I lol?!
I'm wondering how many people will pull up to the shoulder of the road? and wondering if there will be police. When Hagrid's rollercoaster open that's what we did and no police in the area. Or you coould always just wait at the Hess gas station

So if I can get in my room by 3pm, I can eat dinner by 4, bed by 5 - I can have a solid 6 hours of sleep before 11! :rotfl:
Y'know, it occurs to me that I haven't been to DHS since the new entrance off Osceola opened! I need to Google map this situation before trying to figure it out in the middle of the night and/or do a dry run the day before...

So if I can get in my room by 3pm, I can eat dinner by 4, bed by 5 - I can have a solid 6 hours of sleep before 11! :rotfl:
Y'know, it occurs to me that I haven't been to DHS since the new entrance off Osceola opened! I need to Google map this situation before trying to figure it out in the middle of the night and/or do a dry run the day before...
very true, you're coming on Osceola or Victory Way? If you're coming on Victory Way (same street where you have the entrances to CBR, Pop and AoA) stay on the right and DHS entrance is before you hit Osceola Pkw.
If you're coming off of Osceola Pkwy it is more clearly visible the exit to use

I really do hate posting things before Disney announces them. But now that CM parking and entrance has moved to another location, the main guest parking lot can in fact close for the night. I have been told the parking lot will open at midnight and that they are trying to open the park (not the land) for people to wait inside around 3am. Again, all rumors at this point
They will be testing the VQ during this week's CM preview so I think we can expect use of it from day one
Thank you for at least some rumors!!!

Before hearing this my tentative schedule had DH and I checking out the line at 8pm (8/28). At that point I planned to go back to the room (Boardwalk) and sleep. DH would be in charge of getting in any line that existed or formed. Then I would wake up at midnight and relieve him at 12:30am (8/29). The he would go back to the room at sleep until 4:00am. Then he would come back to join me in line.

If this rumor is confirmed. We would both go to sleep early. I'd need to wake up at 11:30 to get in line. DH would need to wake up around 2am to join me before entering the park. Which means less sleep for me but more for DH and since I am the one pushing to be there Opening Day that is just how it will have to be. Which means I'll be back at our room at like 10am for a nap. (Hoping I can get a boarding pass for later in the day.)

I'm wondering how many people will pull up to the shoulder of the road? and wondering if there will be police. When Hagrid's rollercoaster open that's what we did and no police in the area. Or you coould always just wait at the Hess gas station
SO Thankful for our Boardwalk reservation right now. :rolleyes1

Thank you for at least some rumors!!!

Before hearing this my tentative schedule had DH and I checking out the line at 8pm (8/28). At that point I planned to go back to the room (Boardwalk) and sleep. DH would be in charge of getting in any line that existed or formed. Then I would wake up at midnight and relieve him at 12:30am (8/29). The he would go back to the room at sleep until 4:00am.

SO Thankful for our Boardwalk reservation right now. :rolleyes1
If they open the parking g lot at midnight, wouldnt that stand to reason that they will have to empty out the park before midnight? I'm thinking they would which would mean that everyone would have to leave then line up again outside the turnstiles?

I'm planning on catching a bus from Disney Springs to Boardwalk sometime between midnight and 2am and then walking over to HS from there. If I see there is a line forming earlier than midnight, then I'll go earlier, but I hope I don't have to! Am hoping to get at least a few hours sleep in the evening beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter