Star Wars Nite - Custom Lightsaber Recommendation?

NeutralNovice

Mouseketeer
So I will be going to Star Wars Nite soon! I have a saber that I bought from the parks but I'd rather not bring it and just bring a more generic saber; however I would like it to have a really nice LED blade like I've seen on custom saber websites.

Only problem is that it seems like the market for custom sabers is rather large and there's a lot of components to it so it's a bit confusing.

I am going on the 16th so I am stupidly in a time crunch. I just want a basic saber that has better blade lighting than what's available in the parks (ForceFX?)

Any recommendations?

I don’t know that they're better quality than the parks (I doubt it), but I bought DS Anasaber brand sabers from Amazon and they have all different colors and sound effects. The double saber was only like $50 after coupons and taken apart they're a very reasonable size and weight. We're also going on the 16th and will be bringing those, hopefully they'll work for going on rides 😳

Not sure of your budget, but we like Imperial Workshop. Much better quality and brighter than the parks. DD’s has sound effects and color change selections. They shipped out fast next business day via UPS.

https://www.imperialworkshop.com/

Thank you! I'll take a look!

I don’t know that they're better quality than the parks (I doubt it), but I bought DS Anasaber brand sabers from Amazon and they have all different colors and sound effects. The double saber was only like $50 after coupons and taken apart they're a very reasonable size and weight. We're also going on the 16th and will be bringing those, hopefully they'll work for going on rides 😳

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I am a bit hesitant to even bring a saber to the parks. It's probably going to be a pain to haul around and as you said, while I am sure there will be a workaround for rides, it seems like it might just be a hassle.

Disney needs to come out with a mass market version of their retractable saber tech, stat.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I am a bit hesitant to even bring a saber to the parks. It's probably going to be a pain to haul around and as you said, while I am sure there will be a workaround for rides, it seems like it might just be a hassle.

Disney needs to come out with a mass market version of their retractable saber tech, stat.

As someone who has hauled sabers around the park for the events....it is definitely a pain to do. However, that said, I will say that we were able to get some great photos in the Batuu area with our sabers in hand. Really depends on your priority. If you REALLY want to do the rides, then you can do without, or prepare to be inconvenienced a bit. If you prefer the photos, it really was fun for us. We did both of those options (different events of course), and the photos are some of our faves.

Your call when it comes down to it. Either way, enjoy your trip!!

Maybe just bring the hilt, then add a blade to you photos digitally. It shouldn't be too difficult - there might even be some programs that do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter