Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 days to go and I'm impressed how little we really know about what's going to be in this movie. Those cameos? Who knows. Will Palpatine be corporeal as a clone or something else? Will Hayden be back as Anakin? How does this moon with the Death Star wreckage come into play?

I can't wait for all the surprises. It feels like we knew a lot more about TLJ (Canto Bight, Luke & Rey on Ahch-To, ReyLo, Porgs, etc.) by this point but then again, memories are faulty.

24 days to go and I'm impressed how little we really know about what's going to be in this movie. Those cameos? Who knows. Will Palpatine be corporeal as a clone or something else? Will Hayden be back as Anakin? How does this moon with the Death Star wreckage come into play?

I can't wait for all the surprises. It feels like we knew a lot more about TLJ (Canto Bight, Luke & Rey on Ahch-To, ReyLo, Porgs, etc.) by this point but then again, memories are faulty.

I don't think that is a moon that has the Death Star wreckage on it, I think that is Endor proper, vs the forest moon of Endor that was in Return of the Jedi

well, they didn't deny that they are in the new film, just that they wouldn't confirm it ;)

I think they say that because it's possible the scene gets cut in editing. It was probably filmed though. That happens all the time in movies, but most movies don't have this level of scrutiny on them.

Yes, they have done a good job of not letting too much out of the bag.

I mean, really, they could have just had the trailer be a black screen and had Palpatine's laugh.

according to a Yahoo article, in regards to he and Ed Sheran: "But a representative for Disney cautioned that neither Miranda or Sheeran is confirmed to appear in the new film and noted the footage is from “fan events over the years.” "
Probably just one of those things where they have big names in places you can't see like Prince Harry being a stormtrooper in one of the previous movies and stuff like that.

well if I could make a quick call and be like "yo, I'd like to be in the Star Wars" and it would happen, I would do that

I had a boss that would self-aggrandize by telling tall tales about stuff like that "I was one of the storm troopers on Endor... I was out in California that week and yadda, yadda", "I was in that crowd scene of Close Encounters and caught a fish THIIS BIG"

So there is an interview with Esquire Mag with JJ that he states he just finished the Final Final Movie. The biggest part to the interview to me was that no one, not even JJ has seen the whole Final as of Yesterday. So much for people having said they saw it and walked out in the middle. Pure nonsense. Not to mention if you were a select employee picked to watch some part, would it not be employment suicide to walk out in the middle of one of your company's biggest assets? I cannot wait for Dec 20th, if you have grown up watching this franchise like I have how can you not be totally geeked to see how it all raps up.

“You” may not know much, but “I” know the entire plot.

A script was left under an actor’s bed in a hotel and was spoiled on reddit and then the script was on eBay. Disney has confirmed that the actual script was stolen and was on eBay so that’s not an unconfirmed rumor.

If you want details Doomcock has spoiled the entire thing on the overlordDVD YouTube channel.

I hope you enjoy the movie.

However I stand by my prediction:

Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker will GROSS less than $1 billion *worldwide*

After hearing the spoilers and seeing the results of Terminator: Dark Fate I feel very confident in my prediction.

“You” may not know much, but “I” know the entire plot.

A script was left under an actor’s bed in a hotel and was spoiled on reddit and then the script was on eBay. Disney has confirmed that the actual script was stolen and was on eBay so that’s not an unconfirmed rumor.

If you want details Doomcock has spoiled the entire thing on the overlordDVD YouTube channel.

I hope you enjoy the movie.

However I stand by my prediction:

Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker will GROSS less than $1 billion *worldwide*

After hearing the spoilers and seeing the results of Terminator: Dark Fate I feel very confident in my prediction.
Bravo, well done! Your satirical take here is note-perfect. :laughing:

Interesting, Abrams said the script was taken off eBay before it was sold. But of course, everything on Reddit and YouTube is 100 percent accurate.
I don't know which (if any) rumors about the plot are actually going to be in the movie, but if this script made it all the way to eBay there are a bunch of people outside of Disney that know exactly what is inside that script. It is foolish to believe that the script in question isn't the source for many of the rumors on reddit and YouTube.

The biggest question I have about this script is if it was purposely put out. JJ has been known in the past to go to extremes to misdirect people on what is actually coming on several of his projects. So even if the script is the direct source for the terrible storyline rumors, it doesn't necessarily mean that any of that stuff was ever intended for the movie.

Exactly. JJ is the mystery box king. Assuming what is on Reddit and Youtube is accurate because it came from this script is silly. At the same time, I'll admit there are rumors out there that are probably true. I'm anti-spoiler so I'm not following any rumors, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter