Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

i could not believe that they had chewy and the ewok (as well as the fab 4) out in the hot sun!!! At the very least, why not put them in a tent like darths mall?? We saw all of those characters, due to the ac! Why not put them inside somewhere?!?!?!

+1

I could not believe that they had Chewy and the Ewok (as well as the Fab 4) out in the HOT SUN!!! At the very least, why not put them in a tent like Darths Mall?? We saw all of those characters, due to the AC! Why not put them inside SOMEWHERE?!?!?!

Because they want as many people walking by as possible to see them....publicity/marketing. Same with the Fab4. I'm not entirely sure why they moved Luke/Leia and the droids inside. This was the 2nd year inside They used to be outside ST in the queue area.

Chewy used to make appearances around ST though - totally unrelated to SWW, but that's been years ago.

Because they want as many people walking by as possible to see them....publicity/marketing. Same with the Fab4. I'm not entirely sure why they moved Luke/Leia and the droids inside. This was the 2nd year inside They used to be outside ST in the queue area.

Chewy used to make appearances around ST though - totally unrelated to SWW, but that's been years ago.

It's been a while since I checked the boards and I see that SWW is still being discussed...awesome!!
Luke/Leia and the Droids were moved because of the opening of Star Tours 2.0. They used to meet under the Ewok village (ST queue) but since they were expecting high levels of crowds for the ride they moved them.
As to Hoopla in the Indy theater that would be great but I talked to one of the big managers of the event (his name is Brick) and he said that the Hat stage and adjacent AIE screen can fit more people than the Indy theater. I was walking out of DHS one night and got to the crossroads (at the entrance of DHS where they sell pins and you can rent the lockers) turned around and you could still see and hear the show so I guess he's right.

It's been a while since I checked the boards and I see that SWW is still being discussed...awesome!!
Luke/Leia and the Droids were moved because of the opening of Star Tours 2.0. They used to meet under the Ewok village (ST queue) but since they were expecting high levels of crowds for the ride they moved them.
As to Hoopla in the Indy theater that would be great but I talked to one of the big managers of the event (his name is Brick) and he said that the Hat stage and adjacent AIE screen can fit more people than the Indy theater. I was walking out of DHS one night and got to the crossroads (at the entrance of DHS where they sell pins and you can rent the lockers) turned around and you could still see and hear the show so I guess he's right.

Trying to keep the spirit alive :) I would like it if EU characters were also in the tent, then it would be a mini characterpalooza!

I don't know what made me think of it today, but I remembered that my Carbon Freeze Me receipt had tracking numbers on it. I just checked, and my son and I are still being frozen.

We were there for week 3. I was wondering if anyone who did the CFM during the first week checked their order status. If you did, please let me know wht your status is. My son keeps asking when they will arrive.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on this board.

I did the Carbon Freeze Me the first weekend and mine is still being listed as "Being Frozen" too. Something tells me there might have been technical issues.

I called yesterday and was told that there was an issue with the shipping boxes. They needed stronger boxes to ship the figures in.

They have the boxes now and are supposed to begin shipping again either this week or next week.

had a discussion with a bartender at the Prime Time (of all people) who said he heard of people asking why the combo Indiana Jones/Star Wars show that was done for Last Ride to Endor never turned up at SWW. apparently that show required too many performers and technicians to be performed for 4 straight weekends, and it wouldn't be fair to pick one day or one weekend during SWW to perform it.

Maybe the tech specifications are the reason why they can't move the Hoopla to an indoor theater, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's because they don't have to worry about venue capacities if they have it on the hat stage.

Has anyone here received their Carbon Freeze yet?

We have received one (of two). I was just logging on to see if anyone had a contact number so I could call about the second. DS and DH did it, and I have no idea if DH saved the receipt. The shipping papers that came with the one we received has an 800 number, but the number is 800-555-5555 which is not an actual working number. Crazy. If anyone has the number to call, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Now on to the stuff you're curious about! We were there the first weekend and DS' came on Friday. It looks pretty good, but I posted a picture of it on facebook and everyone agrees that it looks more like Elvis. (The pointed collar is really high!). I think part of that, though, is that DS' bangs were kind of long so they pulled his hair back to get the image. The hair they used in the image is swooped back kind of Elvis-y. It still looks good though and he's happy with it. I wouldn't do it again for that price. A couple of other things to note - it seems REALLY fragile. Also, we had it on the kitchen counter and it got some water splashes on it. It was immediately discolored where the water hit it. It's not too bad and looks like it could be a kind of "effect", so DS didn't notice. I have hung it in his room to protect it from water and (hopefully) dropping.

Can't wait to hear how yours looks. Please do pass along the contact number if anyone gets a chance!

We have received one (of two). I was just logging on to see if anyone had a contact number so I could call about the second. DS and DH did it, and I have no idea if DH saved the receipt. The shipping papers that came with the one we received has an 800 number, but the number is 800-555-5555 which is not an actual working number. Crazy. If anyone has the number to call, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Now on to the stuff you're curious about! We were there the first weekend and DS' came on Friday. It looks pretty good, but I posted a picture of it on facebook and everyone agrees that it looks more like Elvis. (The pointed collar is really high!). I think part of that, though, is that DS' bangs were kind of long so they pulled his hair back to get the image. The hair they used in the image is swooped back kind of Elvis-y. It still looks good though and he's happy with it. I wouldn't do it again for that price. A couple of other things to note - it seems REALLY fragile. Also, we had it on the kitchen counter and it got some water splashes on it. It was immediately discolored where the water hit it. It's not too bad and looks like it could be a kind of "effect", so DS didn't notice. I have hung it in his room to protect it from water and (hopefully) dropping.

Can't wait to hear how yours looks. Please do pass along the contact number if anyone gets a chance!

My receipt says 1-877-560-6477

How did you hang it? Thanks for the heads up about it being fragile.

Thanks for the number!

It has a big hole in the top of the back (maybe quarter-sized). I got a sturdy nail in the wall at a steep angle to keep it secure. It's not heavy.

In the recent DHS update on EasyWDW, I saw that the stage is still up. Any idea when it will be down?

Has anyone here received their Carbon Freeze yet?

I still havent received mine either. Called again and got a different reason for why; "technical issues" (which I guess could be the same as not having shipping boxes). She added that I "should have received an email about the delay."

When I said no email had shown up, I was told "oh, I'm not sure why. But I know a lot of people have gotten theirs already."

When I told the person I had done mine the very first weekend, she then changed her story again and said "I think they are going by name, not date."

When I told the person I had done mine the very first weekend, she then changed her story again and said "I think they are going by name, not date."

I called about DH's missing one and she tried the date thing first, I told her they had them done 5 minutes apart. Then she said, "Oh - I meant by name." I told her they have the same name. Then she just said, "Oh."

Haven't received mine yet. I went in probably the 2nd weekend they did it. Its pretty pathetic I had to google "Carbon Freeze Me" and "Delay" because I haven't received anything official from Disney/Lucasfilm. The 800 number is a waste of time. The either aren't provided the information or refuse to comment on it. I called D-TechMe (the company that provided the service) and they claim they are only responsible for the reservations.

Why they are still open when the service is no longer being provided is beyond me. This is just a huge epic fail on Disney's part. I would have been ok with it had they at least updated me regarding the status and/or charged upon shipping but placed a temporary hold on the card. If I don't receive it by the end of this month, I am calling my credit card company for a refund and they can ship me my order for free since once hand obviously doesn't know what the other one is doing.

Update:

I just checked the website today and instead of seeing the typical "being frozen" I was greeted with a tracking number. Only had to wait close to 8 weeks. Good luck to everyone else. I hope you get yours soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter