Starbucks epiphany

The breakfast sandwich we are very good. I am not a coffee drinker but when I was working ( retired now) I would have one every other week . My favorite was also the one with Gouda. There was a Starbucks two doors down from my work so it was easy to grab one. Also a few other breakfast pastries were pretty good.

As a teacher, I frequently receive small Starbucks cards from students. It's a lovely gesture, and I accept them gratefully, but the truth is ... I don't drink coffee. I've been giving them to my daughter or nieces or co-workers. At this moment I have a small collection of Starbucks cards that add up to $30.

However, it just occurred to me, THEY SELL FOOD! I learned online that every major park + Disney Springs has a Starbucks, and I see the menus online. But I have questions:

- Do ALL the Starbucks offer food as well as drinks?
- The menu says a pretty nice looking breakfast sandwich is approximately $5.99 ... and that sounds downright acceptable for Disney! Is the current /accurate? The menus looked rather incongruous to me ... $5.99 for a breakfast sandwich or $3.50 for a cookie.
- Does Starbucks offer ice water as well as coffee drinks?
- Do Starbucks cards expire or lose value if they "sit" a while?

Thanks!
I don't drink coffee but I have the mug from each of the parks sitting at my desk. That is also a good use of them.

Can I add that I *really* love the mobile ordering from the app?

I can customize my drink or food any way I want without having to say it to the cashier and hope he/she gets it right. Then I just walk in, skip any lines, and pick my stuff up.

As others have mentions there are a lot of other options than their coffee if it isn't your thing. I am a fan of their breakfast sandwiches, most of their sandwiches, and the protein boxes are also good! I am a fan of the iced green tea myself - super refreshing. I don't remember any of the locations not having the food items and most of them had copious amounts of grab and go.

If you use the app, you can only use reward points at the DS location ( at least that is what I was told in Sept) but you can pay through the app (using your GC) no problem. I live in the land of Dunkin Donuts and I just can't stomach their fake eggs and coffee, so Starbucks is my oasis when I am not making my own coffee at home.

I think that every single time someone gives me a Starbucks card ... but I don't see what to do about it. I can't say, "Hey, I don't like this gift you gave me. Try harder next time." Similarly, I can't say ahead of time, "If you're going to get me a gift, remember that I love Chickfillet and hate coffee." I have no desire to make any student (or parent) think I expect gifts!

Non-coffee drinker here as well. I too, have received too many Starbucks gift cards over the years. Definitely appreciated, but not somewhere I frequent.

Our schools front office has a binder of "These are our Favorite things", and has every staff member (not just the teachers) fill out a page telling all of their favorites (ie., candy, fast food, drink, store, sports team, charity, etc.). The school puts a reminder in our newsletter reminding families they have this in case they want to look through it, and it is so appreciated and nice getting gift cards for somewhere we actually like / will use. I have certainly used it for my children's teachers! Maybe an idea to bring up to your administration?

The school puts a reminder in our newsletter reminding families they have this in case they want to look through it, and it is so appreciated and nice getting gift cards for somewhere we actually like / will use. I have certainly used it for my children's teachers! Maybe an idea to bring up to your administration?
That's a nice idea!

Don't sell coffee short. I started drinking it only 5 years ago (I am 62) and I no longer find myself drifting off during boring meetings. It sure would have helped me stay awake during Ellen's Energy Adventure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter