Start date for Genie+

I think it’s going to be a while for it to go live after Disneys WiFi crashed earlier this month. Seems they need major wifi upgrades before this goes live.

This is from blogmickey.com,

Following extensive strain on the Walt Disney World backend systems, Disney has decided to turn off in-park Guest WiFi. We first noticed that there were struggles with connectivity early this morning when virtual queues were activated to assist with merchandise demand. From there, connectivity was spotty throughout the morning into the early afternoon. Then, the WiFi was cut off. According to multiple BlogMickey.com sources and Cast Members in the park, the decision to turn off in-park WiFi was made to mitigate issues with the ongoing use of the virtual queue, but that Disney is looking to bring WiFi back online.

Wow. With all the issues with ADRs and the system crashing, I can’t believe they didn’t plan for this.

Yea, if they Don't resolve their issues it could be a nightmare for everyone. The amount of traffic that they need to handle MUST BE built on a solid foundation. Always going to be glitches with new stuff, but when everyone must rely on this for all facets of their trip it can have terrible results for all.

So sad. We arrive the 16th and they just announced Genie + starts the 18th. It could be good, it could be a nightmare.
So much for building up their wifi network before rolling it out. Ugh.

Pricing…

Here is some sample pricing for Individual Lightning Lane purchases at WDW:

On Oct. 19:
Everest: $7
Mine Train: $10
Ratatouille: $9
Rise of the Resistance: $15

On Oct. 23:
Mine Train: $12
Ratatouille: $11

credit .. @ScottGustin. Twitter

Wondering how long it takes until the prices drop. I saw at DLP they already dropped the prices of the paid FP system over there and it's only been around since August of this year. Surprise, surprise. People don't want to pay for FP.

Pricing…

Here is some sample pricing for Individual Lightning Lane purchases at WDW:

On Oct. 19:
Mine Train: $10
Ratatouille: $9

On Oct. 23:
Mine Train: $12
Ratatouille: $11

credit .. @ScottGustin. Twitter
Ugh I just hate this. Paying for individual rides feels like a state fair to me, not disney.

on another note, I’m so confused. Will we still use the MDE app for dining reservations etc?

Everest is interesting to me since it'll be down months in the spring. Assume they will move the safari up to IA$ while its down?

Ugh I just hate this. Paying for individual rides feels like a state fair to me, not disney.

on another note, I’m so confused. Will we still use the MDE app for dining reservations etc?
Yes, genie is another layer to the existing app.

Look at the IA$ more, its kinda interesting what they actually put into that level. MMRR is NEVER the same wait as SDD. Like right now, SDD is 90 mins, MMRR is 55.

Seems like they made the decision to put a wanted top tier (SDD, TT, Safari) in the G+ level to entice that more I guess.

I'm shocked that Slinky Dog is not an IA$ at HS, the secondary one is Mickey and Minnie's.....

I was hoping MMRR was not on the LL list, but we will standby for it; young kids don’t have too many options in HS( thankfully we only booked 1 day there.

Also Everest doesn’t make sense either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter