• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one who thinks paid fastpasses aren’t actually that bad…? universal does it and it works out so much better over there, lines move much more smoothly when the fastpass line doesnt get clogged up.

Guess that depends on the actual price--- if the RUMORS are correct--- I read $10 per person, limit three--- so, that would be $90 extra for my fam a day... so, if we have 8 days at the parks, that works out to $720 additional--- (if my math is correct AND we def got 3 FPs a day) -- for something that used to be "free" ... Um, I dont know ...

Test passed with 2 additional programs integrated. As the data stream built it became shaky but managed to hold with slight delays in data processing for the duration of the test. They did not reach the data stream levels planned for but the overall opinion is that it was successful. It still has to work with a couple of other programs they didn't activate for this test so still some work to do. Some long hours paid off.
Would it be too much trouble for us to ask that you stay on the phone with IT at all times and just keep the other hand on the keyboard so you can consistently update us at the moment's notice?
:rolleyes1

Yeah, I think the "Everything is better with no FP" crowd has mostly gone quiet. :) I personally will be canceling my September trip if there isn't a solution in place before then.
lol yup… I can’t believe that people who boiled a system of differential equations with no actual data available on many of the variables into a single intuitive (to them) result based on flawed evidence could possible have been wrong?!

If disney really does keep tabs on forums and social media, they need to get in front of this, no matter what they plan on doing.

They are getting flamed all over the place. I cant tell you how many posts ive seen on social media with people saying, "I'm done with disney".
Even if it is a 1000 people posting online they might not like a system that is not even announced yet, those numbers are so miniscule to Disney, for them 1000 other guests.

Sigh...time to go dig out that guest recovery email with the comp FP’s. It’s worth a shot.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the information.

This may seem dramatic on our end but we’re actually now talking about canceling our trip and eating the 2 weeks worth of points now. We’ll see if that actually happen, but that’s the current topic of convo now.

Is it too much to ask if they could do SOMETHING for the people already there? And the ones
with soon upcoming trips? To stand in that heat line after line after spending all that money? Lot of families have to get back to normal this fall (school/work) and don't have the luxury of waiting until Oct or Winter
to visit.

It's too bad they can't bring back FP temporarily. I know another poster said then that will bring outrage
for those that come later. Sad situation all around. Some people really needed this vacation. And for it
to be anything other than even slightly magical after this past 18 months is just sad.🙁

Last edited:

This may seem dramatic on our end but we’re actually now talking about canceling our trip and eating the 2 weeks worth of points now. We’ll see if that actually happen, but that’s the current topic of convo now.
We have been debating whether to cancel or not and just eat the penalties. We’re leaning towards going, but for the most part, focus on the fireworks and just skip the rides with huge lines.

It does matter to me cause if the limit the availability and charge for it, it is something that would make want to go back to Disney. Having a paid version with limited access is how I enjoy going to parks. I don't want much planning involved to enjoy a park.

But even if it's "day of" (the only way you will return), with a much more limited amount available-what makes you think you will get any?

RotR can sell out in one second-and that's for the entire first half of the day-ALL RIDERS not just a smaller FP group.

Last edited:
FWIW... I can pass this along. The dissatisfaction with the experience due to increased wait times because of capacity is being heard at the top levels of mgmt and they are getting antsy about the current view of the WDW brand. That concern is filtering to IT and Finance to agree on a solution even if it is short term. The idea of band aid it now whether with fp+ or a half operational new system ( which would hold back other announcements while they try to integrate them) and deal with the uproar over more changes happening within 6 months when that happens, is one which could happen. Unfortunately, at this point based on rollout time for either system, I wouldn't expect it until august. Depends on how antsy they are.

But even if it's "day of", with a much more limited amount available-what makes you think you will get any?
Right? What limits in terms of quantity sold and FP available? Here’s my 100$ or whatever- am I guaranteed to get FPs or am I paying for the chance to compete for a FP (but may not get anything because they all get taken as fast as a ROTR boarding group)?

Where is your reservation/details etc.

FWIW... I can pass this along. The dissatisfaction with the experience due to increased wait times because of capacity is being heard at the top levels of mgmt and they are getting antsy about the current view of the WDW brand. That concern is filtering to IT and Finance to agree on a solution even if it is short term. The idea of band aid it now whether with fp+ or a half operational new system ( which would hold back other announcements while they try to integrate them) and deal with the uproar over more changes happening within 6 months when that happens, is one which could happen. Unfortunately, at this point based on rollout time for either system, I wouldn't expect it until august. Depends on how antsy they are.

Thank you again for the update Remy. That’s good to know that these things are being discussed adamently at the top level.

However, I guess my large family’s standpoint is at this juncture: If Disney wanted to increase capacity and gamble with writing us off this summer in terms of long standby lines. Then we will definitely write them off. And no telling how long for either. (not directing this at you Remy of course, just speaking generally here to the board).

That info does help. I feel bad for people vacationing this month. I hope they make a decision and make it quickly.

I wouldn't expect it until august. Depends on how antsy they are.
I was optimistic until that last line. Seems so crazy to go thru the busiest months to then come out with a temporary solution when the worst of the crowds are over.
The failure to anticipate conditions is just mind blowing. I’m certainly going to let them know how I feel, both before we go and while we’re there. It’s just inexcusable.

Where is your reservation/details etc.

We have a bunch of reservations spread out at WDW. Reservations at BCV mainly but also SSR, OKW and Poly. It’s a lot of family and extended family broken into diff groups - all got canceled first week of Covid lockdowns, so it’s been consolidated into this 2 week trip end of July now. I plan everything for the groups, but have no say in what they ultimately do. But they do not want to wait in long lines at all and don’t care much about the fireworks (even though I live for watching the fireworks nightly).

So just to clarify, the delay is because the new system keeps crashing/failing and a multibillion dollar company doesn’t seem to have the ability to resolve it but actually the delay is because leadership at TDO is not antsy enough? And somehow Finance is involved with an interim solution? Why does this story feel like a work of fan fiction…

am i the only one who thinks paid fastpasses aren’t actually that bad…? universal does it and it works out so much better over there, lines move much more smoothly when the fastpass line doesnt get clogged up.

Well good / bad to me is all relative:

Cheap enough that it is something I see has value - good
Expensive enough I will never buy - bad
Better than a free system - bad
Better than no system - good
Better than limiting the number of people in park so I don't need them - bad
Better than not being able to get in the park - good

Honestly, what is a win for me is when I go I don't want to perceive that I spent all day in a line. What was nice about FP+ is even though I still had some lengthy waits, they weren't ALL lengthy waits. Having a few short wait items in the park made the longer waits more tolerable. If I start off with a 40+ minute wait for every single ride I have to do in the park, that will get old fast. By mid-afternoon I am going to be tired of constantly standing in line, it will be hot, I will likely leave, and I will perceive I didn't get my money's worth. Since the park is the heart and soul of the expensive Disney vacation experience, all the other $$$ are mostly wasted if I am miserable in the park. That is my fear of no system at all but a largely full park.

I realize that there is little to know chance of Disney limiting park capacity.
I am hopeful that if it is a paid system, it is closer to a commonly used item and less of comparable to VIP Tour.
Therefore I am just looking for anything at this point to mitigate this concern
I am strongly considering canceling my trip due to the current state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter