• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But with the current wait times, they’d be hard pressed to really double and triple up while holding a DAS attraction pass. Even Navi is pulling longer than 60 min waits. So they might get 2 rides done in the wait time for one, but it’s hard to really abuse in the current environment.

It isn't not that it's easy to get more rides in, it's that you don't have to stand in that 2 hr FOP line. You do anything in that time that is preferrable to standing in line. Interestingly enough, I watched a vlogger the other day who was using DAS and that's exactly what she was doing- getting a return time, then going to ride other things while she waited for her return time. There's no question that especially when you're faced with having to pay that it won't be abused as a workaround. My guess is they're going to have to tighten down on the system eventually.

It isn't not that it's easy to get more rides in, it's that you don't have to stand in that 2 hr FOP line. You do anything in that time that is preferrable to standing in line. Interestingly enough, I watched a vlogger the other day who was using DAS and that's exactly what she was doing- getting a return time, then going to ride other things while she waited for her return time. There's no question that especially when you're faced with having to pay that it won't be abused as a workaround. My guess is they're going to have to tighten down on the system eventually.

Exactly. DAS is going to be abused by a lot of people depending on what happens, and the people that actually need DAS are likely to be the ones hurt by this abuse.

For what it’s worth. Been at Disney all week and haven’t needed fast pass at all… and I was the biggest worrier before coming and begging for fast pass. Been great. Yeah a few rides were about 45-50 mins waits but lines kept moving. The MAJOR rides. Some lines were less than 25 mins. Barely stand stills. The lines look huge outside but move. The lines app was better at wait times. Take about 15 mins off all waits posted by Disney. Only ride long so far was flight of passage, 89 min wait but moved the whole time

I don't understand the sentiment that if the line is moving, it makes the wait time more tolerable. :badpc:

Exactly. DAS is going to be abused by a lot of people depending on what happens, and the people that actually need DAS are likely to be the ones hurt by this abuse.

I was shocked that you guys dont ask for any form of proof. Over here we cant get that kind of pass without showing some form of letter or disability parking badge. Ive used the DAS for my son on to trips. I works really well for us be a real shame if its impacted by this new system.

I believe that asking for proof borders on the illegal. It may not be when asking a business for a "perk" that is not otherwise provided, but still can be perceived as insensitive.

I believe that asking for proof borders on the illegal. It may not be when asking a business for a "perk" that is not otherwise provided, but still can be perceived as insensitive.
Some amusement parks do ask for documents from a doctor for a disability pass. Six flags requires a doctor's note, with the doctors medical ID number on it. The doctors note, has to provide the doctors address and phone number. The doctor does not disclose the medical issue, but the doctor has to explain why the paitent may need a disability pass. Kinda of what people are doing now at the parks, explaining the reason why they need the pass, except at six flags that reasoning is written out by the doctor

I don't understand the sentiment that if the line is moving, it makes the wait time more tolerable. :badpc:
Because you feel that you are getting somewhere, that you get closer to your end goal. You are doing something.

Three weeks ago I was stuck at Disneyland Paris in an underground hallway for 30 minutes. Nothing to see, nothing to do, no announcements, no idea where the line was going to end. When we moved it at least gave the idea something was happening.

Because you feel that you are getting somewhere, that you get closer to your end goal. You are doing something.

Three weeks ago I was stuck at Disneyland Paris in an underground hallway for 30 minutes. Nothing to see, nothing to do, no announcements, no idea where the line was going to end. When we moved it at least gave the idea something was happening.
I feel like this is similar to me and driving. I would rather go the long way down back roads to be continuously moving, than sitting behind an accident not moving. Often times it is faster to just sit it out and wait, but I would rather take the extra 10-15 minutes and actually be moving the whole time.

It's not illegal. You're talking about violating HIPAA and it doesn't. HIPAA only prevents health care workers and their affiliates from disclosing your private medical information without your permission. It doesn't prevent someone or some business from askng you to disclose it or to give permission for it to be disclosed. Why Disney has not moved to requiring proof of disability is beyond me. No matter what else they do, that is the only way to prevent abuse.

I was given a fast pass from guest services the other day for an issue I was having. It was quite amazing to literally watch her scan my magic band, click my name and guests, watch the calendar come right up like it does in the app, pick the park, pick the ride I chose for anytime that day, and then done.

I was thinking in my head “ man does this women realize the power she has in her hands right now to brighten people’s day in an instant “

I need a person like that as my connection at Disney:duck:
I Had an issue on my last trip, result;. For my August trip my wife and I have 3 fastpasses (experience access passes) per person per day. Any time, any ride (not RotR). I believe they can be used for the same ride more than once. Just popped up on My Plans...probably real easy for the CM to do too. Crazy.

I have gotten odd other ones like this during precovid times too; never hurts to ask.

It's not illegal. You're talking about violating HIPAA and it doesn't. HIPAA only prevents health care workers and their affiliates from disclosing your private medical information without your permission. It doesn't prevent someone or some business from askng you to disclose it or to give permission for it to be disclosed. Why Disney has not moved to requiring proof of disability is beyond me. No matter what else they do, that is the only way to prevent abuse.
It's not HIPPA. ADA laws, and DOJ regulations, limit the amount of medical information which has to be disclosed by guests seeking accommodations. CM don't have the time or medical knowledge to evaluate a technical medical report even if it was allowed

Six Flags is requiring a doctor's note which describe accommodations required but not the actual condition.

CM don't have the time or medical knowledge to evaluate a technical medical report even if it was allowed

I'm talking about furnishing proof of disability- ie, a doctors note, not a disclosure of what the medical condition is. What your issue is doesn't matter, proof that it actually exists does and Disney can legally ask for that proof.

It's not HIPPA. ADA laws, and DOJ regulations, limit the amount of medical information which has to be disclosed by guests seeking accommodations. CM don't have the time or medical knowledge to evaluate a technical medical report even if it was allowed

Six Flags is requiring a doctor's note which describe accommodations required but not the actual condition.

It's definitely not illegal to require a doctor's note. At work, we are required to fly economy unless we require accommodations. But we need to provide a doctor's note to document the fact that we need accommodations. Doesn't need to specify the condition, but it does help to ensure compliance.

You do have to answer some questions. Sea world/busch and Uni follow the same policies as well and ask the same questions when you apply for it. When there was fp, we rarely used DAS, but without it, we do, as due to a medical condition for a family member, Standing for long periods creates circulation issues. I don't think it is abused as much as some assume.

I suppose I could be misusing it if there is a significant number of people on this board that actually believe the Disney executive management team are bumbling 3 Stooges idiots and that Disney is going to crash and burn.
See the thing is, large corporations, even the size of Disney, all have made bad decisions. I'm not saying disney is going to crash and burn, but there is a history of fortune 500 companies thinking they are bullet proof, and then finding out they really arent.

You're seeing a shift in disney, one that we've never really seen before. Who lead the charge to have 2 CEO's removed from the company because they were heading in a direction that was not "the Disney way", a Disney family member did that, Roy E. Disney. We no longer have a Disney family member around to do that sort of thing, so this is going to be the first true test of this company to see if they can be ran the non "disney way".

Again, i'm not saying they are going to crash and burn, but history tells you that companies of any size can crash and burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter