State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread, entitled "State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)" started on Sunday.
The OP ended with "Feel free to track additional updates and rumors here"

I've only read the past two days posts & I haven't seen any "update" or "rumor". :rolleyes1
Oh well.

I mean, in the 3 times I've gone I've never managed to get a day of FP for any of the "top" rides. Again you can't assume everyone has the same skill, luck, or whatever. And it's not an assumption that it's true if it's actually been true for you.
The original quote was "Forget about adding a fourth (or more) FP after using the original three - for all the must-do attractions there were never additional Fastpasses to select anyway. " which is objectively false. Sure, they might not be as frequent as the other 80% of attractions which would be available in abundance... but it was always possible something would show up. This quote sounds to me like an assumption that nothing good could possibly be available therefore forget it, why even check... I could be misreading it but that is the sense that I wish more would understand just wasn't true. It was easy to get mid range attractions without any sort of tricks, just requires flexibility is all. And If you do in fact want to check over the course of maybe 5 minutes? then very good chance a 'must do' would show up. but even without the perseverance to get a 'must do' picking a 4th that is jungle cruise or soarin caliber attraction, which would certainly be readily available after using the first 3, is just a no brainer.

This thread, entitled "State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)" started on Sunday.

I've only read the past two days posts & I haven't seen any "update" or "rumor". :rolleyes1
Oh well.
I heard FP+PLUS is being released tomorrow, an insider told me that it is exactly the same as FP+ except everyone gets 9 free fastpasses that can be booked 3 years in advance. Unfortunately, this will require new Magic Band + bands which will retail for $3799 with the option to upgade to character themed bands for an additional $9.99.

Oh well.
There have been several updates on technology testing of the new system provided by Remy is Up. His latest update was yesterday. So…..yeah, there have been. And rumours are pure speculation which is what many other posts have been about: Paid? Free? Hybrid? Tiered? Bundles?

What’s your point?

DAS was not very helpful on our trip last week, this is our 4th trip using it. If the wait times are inflated, that means even longer until we can ride. Once DD wanted a return time for Kali which was 40 minutes. She got that for 30 minutes later and DS and I hopped in the regular line. It was a total walk on. Same with Everest earlier in the day. Also, the rides shut down a lot and our DAS passes did not convert to recovery passes so we just lost them. Not just once, at least a half dozen times. Not sure if that's universal, or just an Android thing, or an "us" thing. We went to GS about it and they said they'd notify IT. Lol.

Re: the doctors note- if a human sack of garbage is willing to lie about a disability just to cut in line, this reanimated pigeon corpse is likely to cheat in other ways too, including providing "proof". I don't think it happens in high enough numbers to warrant getting stricter but that's just what I see.

Our kid's disabilities mean that we cant wait in a 45 minute line any easier than a 75 minute line, so the relatively shorter waits mean nothing. I missed FP way more than I expected to. We came at RD and closing at it just wasn't enough.

Depends on what you're wanting. For me, no news is bad news. I'll take FP+ or I'll take a paid system, just want them to announce something. If they aren't doing anything anytime soon, there will be radio silence.

That's my point.

Mostly wondering Jrb1979's definition of bad news would be.

I'm always amazed how 90% of the folks that posts in these groups qualify for DAS.

Wow. My 26-year old son has profound developmental disabilities, autism, and multiple physical disabilities that require the use of a wheelchair, which must be pushed by someone else 100% of the time. Yes, I know about DAS and sometimes post about it when the subject comes up. That’s not amazing.

It takes an incredible amount of research and preparation to take someone with special needs on a vacation like Disney. It is not be amazing that those who qualify for DAS would follow message boards to help with their planning. It’s also not amazing that they would be follow a thread about the future of FP in particular, because of how vital it is for them.

Also, we tend to like to help each other with information, because we know how valuable that help can be. That leads to *gasp* commenting.

And sometimes, case in point, commenting is necessary to address misconceptions. I’m not amazed that there are misconceptions about DAS. Unless you’ve needed it or used it, it would be hard to understand how it works in actual practice.

edited to adjust tone

DAS was not very helpful on our trip last week, this is our 4th trip using it. If the wait times are inflated, that means even longer until we can ride. Once DD wanted a return time for Kali which was 40 minutes. She got that for 30 minutes later and DS and I hopped in the regular line. It was a total walk on. Same with Everest earlier in the day. Also, the rides shut down a lot and our DAS passes did not convert to recovery passes so we just lost them. Not just once, at least a half dozen times. Not sure if that's universal, or just an Android thing, or an "us" thing. We went to GS about it and they said they'd notify IT. Lol.

Re: the doctors note- if a human sack of garbage is willing to lie about a disability just to cut in line, this reanimated pigeon corpse is likely to cheat in other ways too, including providing "proof". I don't think it happens in high enough numbers to warrant getting stricter but that's just what I see.

Our kid's disabilities mean that we cant wait in a 45 minute line any easier than a 75 minute line, so the relatively shorter waits mean nothing. I missed FP way more than I expected to. We came at RD and closing at it just wasn't enough.

Recently rode RnR using the single rider line. I was paired up with a single rider who was in the regular line. Lovely young lady, seemed a little nervous so we talked for a bit. She ended up loving the ride and wanted to ride again so I told her about the single rider line. She said "oh I've never heard of that - its probably faster than using my DAS because I have to wait so long to come back". And for sure the time I waited in single rider was much less than the posted wait. I certainly hope that she got to ride again - she was quite proud of navigating the parks on her own - and selfishly it was fun to watch someone experience a ride for the first time, made my day. Wish I could have texted her our photopass from the ride, but I didn't want to be scary.

Even if you have legit reasons to use DAS you have to know there is plenty of abuse of the system.
Yes, there's lots of abuse of the system. It's one of the reasons I have never used it even with my issues. I've so far been able to make it without it so I always felt like I would have abused the system myself even though I would have had a valid reason for it.

I would gladly exchange the hours I have sat (and still sit from time-to-time) in the pediatric oncology/hematology clinic waiting room to be there for my DD, with twice as many hours in a stand-by line at WDW park attractions.

Yes. We would love to not need it as well.

This is my biggest concern right now. I've seen many say DAS hasn't been all that helpful to them with inflated wait times and no FP+. This is why I'm rather anxiously waiting to see what comes back (or doesn't).

I'm not sure Jellybean meant that post as offensive, clearly that's how some have taken it. As you said there's a lot of people that weigh in on DAS when it comes up, I think it was just a statement of fact.

There was nothing about it that wasn't offensive, because it was an absolutely unnecessary comment, and was total exageration/hyperbole to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter