• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

STEAKHOUSE 71!!

What about kids’ menus? Has anyone heard anything about those yet?

Yes! There will be a fish option, when we open it will be snapper, a cheeseburger, the pb&j wings, and one more item I cannot remember right now. The dessert will still be the ice cream.

Edited, I remember, it's a steak.

Yes! There will be a fish option, when we open it will be snapper, a cheeseburger, the pb&j wings, and one more item I cannot remember right now. The dessert will still be the ice cream.

Edited, I remember, it's a steak.

Snapper for kids? Wow. What are the kids prices—in the $10-15 range?

I'm just here to see for myself if I can book a normal lunch or dinner before the "event". I don't think so, but Id rather be wrong and sleepy.

Anyone having an issue with modified SH 71 reservations not cancelling the original ADR? I changed mine and it didn't ask me to cancel the original time. So after I confirmed my new time I went into MDE and cancelled the first. Both still show up though and in the app it still gives me the option to cancel them both. When I try to cancel the original ADR it says I have to call to cancel. I think it is a glitch in the system though and it is cancelled...if I try to modify it, I can't and when I called to use the automated system to cancel and put in the reservation # it said there was an issue with that number. But it's annoying to see multiple ADRs in My Plans still...
The same thing happened when I booked another restaurant in place of one I had. It asked if I wanted to cancel, as usual, but the ADR remained in MDE after booking. I was able to go into the MDE of the person who made the ADR and cancel it from there. I did not have to call.

Last edited:
Well that answers that question. I'm shocked they're closing the restaurant all day for a party. Maybe later they'll open reservations for the main restaurant? Time to wait and see.

Well that answers that question. I'm shocked they're closing the restaurant all day for a party. Maybe later they'll open reservations for the main restaurant? Time to wait and see.
They are not closing all day for a party. There is a new 'Celebration at the Top' event at CG in two of the back 'wine' rooms. It is in the evening. CG does not typically serve lunch. Currently, dinner reservations are happening up until Oct 2. After that, CG the restaurant is coming back 'reimagined'. No one knows what that will include whether it is a new menu, new decor, prix fixe, etc. No one knows yet.

CG is the restaurant at the top of the resort. Steakhouse71 is the restaurant at the bottom of the resort.

They are not closing all day for a party. There is a new 'Celebration at the Top' event at CG in two of the back 'wine' rooms. It is in the evening. CG does not typically serve lunch. Currently, dinner reservations are happening up until Oct 2. After that, CG the restaurant is coming back 'reimagined'. No one knows what that will include whether it is a new menu, new decor, prix fixe, etc. No one knows yet.

I hope so! It was the one restaurant my wife actually wanted reservations for our trip in November and now all this weirdness is happening. I'm a planner! I hate this 'Stay tuned!' business.

I'm unfamiliar with Steakhouse 71's location - is there a view of MK or fireworks from this Restaurant? We'll be there the week of Thanksgiving. Thanks

I'm unfamiliar with Steakhouse 71's location - is there a view of MK or fireworks from this Restaurant? We'll be there the week of Thanksgiving. Thanks
It's where the Wave used to be on the 1st floor of the Contemporary, so there is no view of MK or fireworks.

I'm hoping for some good App's to go with those drinks.

So far, I'm liking the list of apps!! Kudos to any of you all willing to try the PB & J Wings, they look great, but I don't like wings in general so you all will have to let me know.

I'm actually most excited for the Wedge Salad! I order that anywhere I go that has one, so it'll be nice to have that option for my lunch or dinner through mobile order eventually!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter