Steubenville OH case, anyone hear of this?

This is local news and is so sad to hear about. There are many young men affected with this case. Unfortunately they made terrible decisions and it will cost them some of their life. I wonder what is going to happen to the coach that had this party??

I don't think committing rape is "making a terrible decision". It's a heinous, violent crime, not an 'oops'.

Well when some people are under the influence they do and make some very stupid decisions.

Well when some people are under the influence they do and make some very stupid decisions.

It's not a decision, it's a crime. Being 'under the influence' doesn't excuse anyone from willfully taking part in a vicious, violent act. I think most people have been 'under the influence' at one point in their lives...that doesn't mean most people have committed rape.

How is nobody talking about Anonymous in all of this? They broke the case wide open and are exposing the corruption within the police force. They have proven that Steubenville Facts site to be completely false from current residents and other students who were at the party. Look up "Local Leaks Steubenville" for the information Anonymous has uncovered- some of it is disturbing so read at your own risk. It shows the nitty gritty of the cover-up.

If you have Twitter, I highly recommend following @KYAnonymous, they're constantly updating as information becomes public. For those without Twitter, you can read the basics here: https://twitter.com/KYAnonymous

I've been following this for months and applaud Anonymous for bringing this to a national level. The FBI and Dept of Justice have announced they will get involved. They held a 2,000 member peaceful protest on Saturday with permission from the victim. I applaud their efforts and hope this brings her justice.

Last word- the girl was both drugged and drunk. She CANNOT give consent under either of these circumstances, so whether or not she "wanted it" doesn't really matter.

Funny how Anonymous is getting involved in this case on the side of the victim but in the case of Julian Paul Assange(who is also accused of rape in Sweden) they only cared about defending him and could give two hoots about the victims there:confused3. Anonymous has no credibility.

It's not a decision, it's a crime. Being 'under the influence' doesn't excuse anyone from willfully taking part in a vicious, violent act. I think most people have been 'under the influence' at one point in their lives...that doesn't mean most people have committed rape.

Well, there i dont agree. Im not saying what they did was right in any way, but if you look at what happened that night i feel different. Yes, they raped a poor girl but i don't think that was their intentions. The coach threw the football team a party. I dont even know why this girl was there. I do not think their thought was "oh i am going to rape some girl tonight." They were all under the influence which does cause some people to do some pretty crazy things. For example when someone is drinking and driving its called vehicular homicide, not vehicular murder because in most cases is what an unintentional accident.

Well, there i dont agree. Im not saying what they did was right in any way, but if you look at what happened that night i feel different. Yes, they raped a poor girl but i don't think that was their intentions. The coach threw the football team a party. I dont even know why this girl was there. I do not think their thought was "oh i am going to rape some girl tonight." They were all under the influence which does cause some people to do some pretty crazy things. For example when someone is drinking and driving its called vehicular homicide, not vehicular murder because in most cases is what an unintentional accident.
I don't think that's a good comparison. No, a drunk driver doesn't intend to hurt someone. But I don't think you can claim a drunk who rapes a girl "doesn't intend to hurt". If true, at the very least, they had sex with someone who couldn't give consent. It's not like they "accidently" had sex.

As far as whether this should be done in juvenile or adult court, I'm honestly not sure.

EyoreFANS12 said:

She was there because they purchased illegal drugs, drove to her house, picked her up, intentionally drugged her almost certainly without consent, and then carried her into the house.

What do you think their intentions were when they did those things?

EyoreFANS12 said:
Well, there i dont agree. Im not saying what they did was right in any way, but if you look at what happened that night i feel different. Yes, they raped a poor girl but i don't think that was their intentions.

Intent isn't magic and rape isn't an an accident. Stop apologizing for these monsters who ruined someone's life, it's making actual rape survivors on the board physically ill.

Intent isn't magic and rape isn't an an accident. Stop apologizing for these monsters who ruined someone's life, it's making actual rape survivors on the board physically ill.

I agree. Maybe I am reading it wrong (hopefully) but I'm reading it to be like the boys/men should get a pass because they were under the influence? If you make the decision to drink, do drugs, whatever, you don't get a pass for whatever the outcome is of that decision.

:scared1:

How old are you? This type of thinking is disgusting. I really hope you are just young and immature and couldn't be on a jury. Are you a woman? Because that makes it even worse. No wonder it seems women's rights are going backward in this country with people with your thinking running around out there.

And you feel bad for the young men. :sick:

I call BS on that. I've known a lot of guys over the years who got REALLY drunk, yet it never once crossed their mind to rape a woman, no matter what condition she was in. It simply was not in their character. If you rape someone "because" you got drunk, you were a rapist at heart, just waiting for a chance.

A lady from the city, not affiliated with the Anonymous group, reported that the young girl was an ex-girlfriend of one of the football players and had broken up with him. His feelings got hurt (tweets around that time show him as saying NO ONE breaks up with ME, etc.) and he reportedly hatched a plan to get his friend to pretend to like the girl hoping that she would lower her defenses. Then the other football player, one of the ones who was arrested, picked her up to go to a party where the attack was planned.

If this rumored scenario is correct, then it wasn't a "typical" party where people had to much to drink or too many drugs. It was a calculated, planned event, which is what makes this potentially so heinous.

This is local news and is so sad to hear about. There are many young men affected with this case. Unfortunately they made terrible decisions and it will cost them some of their life. I wonder what is going to happen to the coach that had this party??

I think it's disgusting that you feel badly for anyone other than the poor girl who raped.

Wow. I"m guessing that you must be a young person, and if so, it really validates the notion that we as a society, have completely failed to instill values in our kids today. After watching the video clip of the young guy laughing and making fun of how "raped" the girl was, it was all I could do to not go in my son's room and smack him upside the head, just for being a teenaged male. Endorsing that kind of blatant lack of humanity is frightening, especially hearing come from a young person's mouth.

I hope you aren't a female, because if you are, and you really feel that way, well, just... wow.

So it's her fault for being there? How do you "unintentionally" rape someone? Are you kidding me?? Dragging around an unconscious girl, urinating on her, raping her, then uploading videos showing themselves laughing and bragging about it, and you defend this? Disgusting...

How is nobody talking about Anonymous in all of this? They broke the case wide open and are exposing the corruption within the police force. They have proven that Steubenville Facts site to be completely false from current residents and other students who were at the party. Look up "Local Leaks Steubenville" for the information Anonymous has uncovered- some of it is disturbing so read at your own risk. It shows the nitty gritty of the cover-up.

If you have Twitter, I highly recommend following @KYAnonymous, they're constantly updating as information becomes public. For those without Twitter, you can read the basics here: https://twitter.com/KYAnonymous

I've been following this for months and applaud Anonymous for bringing this to a national level. The FBI and Dept of Justice have announced they will get involved. They held a 2,000 member peaceful protest on Saturday with permission from the victim. I applaud their efforts and hope this brings her justice.

Last word- the girl was both drugged and drunk. She CANNOT give consent under either of these circumstances, so whether or not she "wanted it" doesn't really matter.

How ridiculous.... Anonymous is famous for destroying cases and they are doing it again. Do you really think the police are going to just hand out the evidence they are amassing for trial for public view??? Of course they are not publicizing all the details. Lawyers protect their case before going to trial for a reason. Anonymous came in on the side of the rapist Asange and have again chosen sides before any trial has taken place and shot the prosecutors in the foot.

D

I'm sorry, I didn't read the entire thread to know whether this was brought up:

If the men/teens that raped this woman had not been football players,
do you think they would have been treated differently?

Does anyone else think that the sports enthusiasm that people have sometimes clouds reason?

I'm sorry, I didn't read the entire thread to know whether this was brought up:

If the men/teens that raped this woman had not been football players,
do you think they would have been treated differently?

Does anyone else think that the sports enthusiasm that people have sometimes clouds reason?

From what I understand, this town is crazy for their high school football, and these teenage players are treated like heroes there. Maybe that's where their shameless, entitled attitudes come from, I don't know...I read a comment from a man who lives there where he basically said the parents have no control over the kids. Just his opinion, but kids with no morals aren't born, they are raised. You can be sure I will teach my son as he gets older to respect women and to never take advantage of a bad situation.

Not excusing the drunk in the slightest, but when a drunk person gets behind the wheel of a car, their intention isn't to cause harm. They feel as if they have the capacities in place to make it to their destination without causing harm.

In this case, boys intentionally drugged a girl and purposely took advantage of her by violating her body. Were the boys under the influence at the time? I assume so. But in the video, they clearly define what they did as rape. They talk about her being dead and laugh about it. They seemed to have the capacity to understand that what they were doing was wrong yet they kept doing it.

There is no excuse for rape. It seems you are looking for an excuse. I'm guessing those boys will try to find an excuse for their actions, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter