Steubenville OH case, anyone hear of this?

Funny how Anonymous is getting involved in this case on the side of the victim but in the case of Julian Paul Assange(who is also accused of rape in Sweden) they only cared about defending him and could give two hoots about the victims there:confused3. Anonymous has no credibility.

I don't have an undying love for Anonymous. Why they choose to go after some and defend others is their business. I don't see anyone on this thread heaping piles of love on them. One poster mentioned what they did. While I am not willing to throw them a party, I appreciate it when they expose scumbags.

From what I understand, this town is crazy for their high school football, and these teenage players are treated like heroes there. Maybe that's where their shameless, entitled attitudes come from, I don't know...I read a comment from a man who lives there where he basically said the parents have no control over the kids. Just his opinion, but kids with no morals aren't born, they are raised. You can be sure I will teach my son as he gets older to respect women and to never take advantage of a bad situation.

That explains a lot, thank you.
It also explains why the adults are seemingly dismissing it as 'boys will be boys'.

Anyone else see something really wrong with the US infatuation with sports?
Why are the players heroes?
Why do people have no problem subsidizing sporting venues with hard earned tax dollars?
Why is it that many don't have a problem with the pros earning millions of dollars a year,
but it is a sin when someone else does?

Just wondering......:confused:

You people are rediculous. In NO way was i saying raping the girl was okay. Im just looking at this in a different view. I am in no way hoping these young men get no punishment for what they did either. Also i am a woman what does that have to do with how my thinking about this is ? As i said above this is a very disgusting act. I am just saying the odds of all these teenage boys plotting to rape this girl is not very common. Yes, also i am younger. My parents didnt raise me wrong. So i dont understand why age was brought into this. Such a shame.

You people are rediculous. In NO way was i saying raping the girl was okay. Im just looking at this in a different view. I am in no way hoping these young men get no punishment for what they did either. Also i am a woman what does that have to do with how my thinking about this is ? As i said above this is a very disgusting act. I am just saying the odds of all these teenage boys plotting to rape this girl is not very common. Yes, also i am younger. My parents didnt raise me wrong. So i dont understand why age was brought into this. Such a shame.

We're ridiculous? Whether they "plotted" it or not, they DID it and bragged about it. Maybe we are questioning your age because anyone with a child must be horrified that this could happen. What a world we live in...I'm guessing you don't have children, especially a daughter, yet?

I brought up age because you sound like you have no life experiences and don't realize the horrors of the situation. This post only enhances that thought. Bad people can do bad things at any age. Please be sure to protect yourself.

Sometimes people respond to what I've written completely opposite of how I think they would. I go back and re read my post and realize I did not explain my view as clearly as I meant or that I had typed something different than what I meant to say.

When I read your post I too felt like you were saying you felt sorry for the boys and that because they had drinks they made a "goof". I am not quoting you, I know that is not what you wrote but it came across that way to me, and apparently others.

If you read the reports some are saying she had been leered to the party by a boy pretending to like her and who had planned to drug her. Her ex boyfriend and the boy had been planning to "ruin" her.

Planning to rape someone and "ruin" them is not just a bad judgement call someone makes when having a few too many. It is a horrible crime and violation. This girl was innocent. My heart breaks for her and makes me scared for my own daughter. This girl took weeks to convince apparently to even go out with the boy. Another boy's girlfriend also helped convince the girl to go to the party. So many people could have stopped this tragedy and yet no one did. Also the boys were video tapping it and saying she was dead and didn't move and she was so "rapped" and on and on. That again is not just a bad judgement call from being under the influence.

I would guess if you went back and read your words outloud you may see you did not accurately describe what you meant to say. At least I hope.

I am flabbergasted at the ages and the lack of a moral compass. Flabbergasted. Where were the parents in all of this? Underage drinking at not one but 3 houses?! Were there no adults at any of these houses? Not one of the teens stepped in to stop it?

I did read where one or two said it was wrong, but went no further.

It's a tragedy for the victim on so many levels. But it is also a tragedy where the ball was dropped with all of these kids apparently for a long time.

When I was a teen, I had a curfew and my parents were up and waiting for my return. It appears that's passe now. Teens still need guidance, boundaries set, follow up and this case is a prime example for every single one of them.

Sad state of affairs.

The big issue here is rape, but the amount of drinking and driving being done is scary! The first party/gathering/house (whatever it is to be called) was at a volunteer coach's house and he kicked the (obviously underaged drinking) kids out. I just don't get it. What made them show up at his house in the first place.... So many wrongs on so many levels from the adults down. The victim is currently testifying right now.

Oh I agree, the big issue is rape. IMO, I think kidnapping should also be a charge among other things. It appears the alcohol was used as a tool to incapacitate the victim.

I've read a few texts that went back and forth. There was a plan to rape the victim. I'm not sure when the plan was formulated, but it seemed like it was before the party.

I believe there are probably some pictures and video that someone has not deleted. They were distributed widely. I hope and pray someone comes forward with these items and justice can be fully served.

Well, there i dont agree. Im not saying what they did was right in any way, but if you look at what happened that night i feel different. Yes, they raped a poor girl but i don't think that was their intentions. The coach threw the football team a party. I dont even know why this girl was there. I do not think their thought was "oh i am going to rape some girl tonight." They were all under the influence which does cause some people to do some pretty crazy things. For example when someone is drinking and driving its called vehicular homicide, not vehicular murder because in most cases is what an unintentional accident.

Unlike the drunk, who doesn't mean to run someone over, they meant to do what they did. They may not have set out to do it before hand. Or they may have. But when they did it, it was intentional. It wasn't as if they were drunk, had an accident, flew through the air, and by accident did what they did. By the way, in some states operating a vehicle while drunk and killing someone can get a person up to murder 2nd degree.

We're ridiculous? Whether they "plotted" it or not, they DID it and bragged about it. Maybe we are questioning your age because anyone with a child must be horrified that this could happen. What a world we live in...I'm guessing you don't have children, especially a daughter, yet?
I don't have and will not have any children but how anyone can not be horrified at how this girl was treated is beyond me.

Pretty satisfying to see those smug brats crying in court. I'm glad Jane Doe has found justice and I hope she continues to heal.

I am flabbergasted at the ages and the lack of a moral compass. Flabbergasted. Where were the parents in all of this? Underage drinking at not one but 3 houses?! Were there no adults at any of these houses? Not one of the teens stepped in to stop it?

I did read where one or two said it was wrong, but went no further.

It's a tragedy for the victim on so many levels. But it is also a tragedy where the ball was dropped with all of these kids apparently for a long time.

When I was a teen, I had a curfew and my parents were up and waiting for my return. It appears that's passe now. Teens still need guidance, boundaries set, follow up and this case is a prime example for every single one of them.

Sad state of affairs.

I waited up every night for the girls, and I will do the same for DS.

DH's rule (when he was young and single): No means no, maybe means no and yes means no in the morning. And anyone who can't walk upright by themselves means absolutely no freaking way no, do not walk, run away.

He'll teach DS the same when he is old enough. Right now, he's 9 and has no interest in girls.

We have taught him that you must step in to protect someone who can't protect themselves.
Last year, a 5th grader was picking on the younger kids on the way home from school. DS (2nd grader then) went to the school and us--the kid was never around when I was, and the school just shrugged it off and told DS to stay away from him. One day, he was picking on some K students, and DS had had enough. He stood up to the bully, and when the kid pushed him, DS pushed back. Kid fell over his bike and started crying. bully's mom called the school, school called me, we all had a conference. I told the mom if she had a problem with my son protecting kids 2 grades younger than him from her son 3 grades over him, she could kiss my ***.

If my son were one of those involved, the cops could pick him up after I was done beating his ***. He'd probably be the one calling them to come get him, because momma doesn't tolerate that nonsense.

Judge has found both defendants delinquent (which is guilty if they were tried as adults).

They have to serve a minimum of one year. One will also have to serve an extra year for distributing the nude pictures. Neither can serve more time past their 21st birthdays. Not bad for them. Brutally rape a girl and only spend a couple years in juvie. I'd like to hope that they will get the snot beat out of them in juvie, but I am afraid they will get some slaps on the back and "way to go, dude" instead. What a sad, disgusting case.

In no way defending ANY rapists, but when this case first came to light in my community,(in August right after it happened), I thought she had forcefully been raped in the "traditional sense". She had not. Victim even testified that once she learned what happened to her, she didn't even know that type of sexual assault was considered rape. It's sad. Kids need parents to talk to them-- to be parents, not friends.

They must also register as sex offenders. THAT will follow them forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter