STILL NOT RUNNING ?!?!?!

Shouldn't they be striving to eliminate buses? They have far too low capacity to move the number of people that Disney requires. Buses are completely flawed.
Evidently they should not be striving to eliminate buses yet. That would be a disaster with a system that has had so many stops and delays.

Evidently they should not be striving to eliminate buses yet. That would be a disaster with a system that has had so many stops and delays.

I didn't say they should eliminate buses today. I said they should be striving to develop alternative modes of transportation that will eliminate the buses. Buses are not very good at moving large numbers of people. Seattle has tried moving hundreds of thousands of people by buses every day and it is a complete disaster. It is so bad that we are spending $100 billion dollars to expand our subway system to replace buses.

Realistically there is nothing Disney could do that would make the OP happy except go back in time and not build the skyliner.

Open to soon? How dare they not care about the safety of people and do extensive testing?

Stay closed for testing? How dare they put in this new system and not have it open when they said they would?

Build a new form of transportation? How dare they try to ease road congestion and be more environmentally friendly?

Don’t build a new form of transportation? How dare they not do something about traffic?

If you take into account the wait to get on a bus and all the time that a bus is stopped along the route, over the course of day or a week, you will likely find that the stops and delays in the skyliner are no greater than buses or boats.

We need to give some time for all the dust to settle and for the cast members working with the skyliners to become more familiar with all the nuances of operating a system like this.

The system isn't ready to completely replace buses, probably never will be, but it should allow for the number of buses to be reduced.

Maybe traffic lights, traffic signs, actual traffic...?
That's what I'm thinking. Other than those, the only stopping along the way would be a breakdown or a detour to assist a broken down bus.

Also as a long time, former driver, The only time I ever stopped other than for traffic, and traffic controls was when empty and directed in some way to help a broken down bus.

Also, gondola systems similar to the Skyliner are designed and rated to go 6m/s (13.4 mph for those of you not using metric.)
That corresponds with the research I have done.

Cities have put these for the same reason Disney did, to move people from point A to point B while going to work etc. Some have been so successful on an ongoing basis, that they are considering adding more lines. Doesn't sound like they are problem plagued.

Disney's system is just experiencing teething problems.

Maybe traffic lights, traffic signs, actual traffic...?
Yes, normal traffic stops. We use all forms of Disney transportation and do not have issues with any of them. While it is too early to tell for sure how reliable the Skyliner will be, I was just pointing out that every form of transportation is going to experience some form of stops or delays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter