Still nothing about the 29th?

Not sure where Touring Plans gets their info, but the posted an article with some more specifics last week.

In exactly one month Disney will celebrate Leap Day by keeping one park on each coast open for 24 hours as part of the One More Disney Day promotion. This means both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be open from 6am February 29, 2012 until 6am March 1, 2012. Below is some general information regarding the Magic Kingdom for the 24 hours.
Those looking to dine at the Magic Kingdom will have several options to fulfill their hungers. In addition to the normal restaurant operating hours, all table service restaurants will extend their hours until midnight. During these extended hours, only walk-ups will be accepted. In addition to table service, at least one of the counter service restaurants will remain open for the entire 24 hours. Breakfast items will be found at several dining locations throughout the park beginning in the early hours of March 1, 2012.
Attractions that run with limited hours, such as Jungle Cruise and Tom Sawyer Island, will remain closed after their daily operating hours. Many other attractions will continue to run throughout the entire 24 hours. It’s important to note that Big Thunder Mountain is currently down for a scheduled refurbishment until May 28, 2012, and will not be operating. Additional entertainment offerings that will run throughout the 24 hours can be found on the special February 29, 2012 Times Guide.
Transportation between the Disney resorts and the Magic Kingdom will be available for the entire 24 hours. In addition, other park services such as Guest Relations, Baby Care, and First Aid will be available.
Special edition t-shirts have been created and will be sold online for 48 hours following the event.

Not sure where Touring Plans gets their info, but the posted an article with some more specifics last week.

In exactly one month Disney will celebrate Leap Day by keeping one park on each coast open for 24 hours as part of the One More Disney Day promotion. This means both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be open from 6am February 29, 2012 until 6am March 1, 2012. Below is some general information regarding the Magic Kingdom for the 24 hours.
Those looking to dine at the Magic Kingdom will have several options to fulfill their hungers. In addition to the normal restaurant operating hours, all table service restaurants will extend their hours until midnight. During these extended hours, only walk-ups will be accepted. In addition to table service, at least one of the counter service restaurants will remain open for the entire 24 hours. Breakfast items will be found at several dining locations throughout the park beginning in the early hours of March 1, 2012.
Attractions that run with limited hours, such as Jungle Cruise and Tom Sawyer Island, will remain closed after their daily operating hours. Many other attractions will continue to run throughout the entire 24 hours. It’s important to note that Big Thunder Mountain is currently down for a scheduled refurbishment until May 28, 2012, and will not be operating. Additional entertainment offerings that will run throughout the 24 hours can be found on the special February 29, 2012 Times Guide.
Transportation between the Disney resorts and the Magic Kingdom will be available for the entire 24 hours. In addition, other park services such as Guest Relations, Baby Care, and First Aid will be available.
Special edition t-shirts have been created and will be sold online for 48 hours following the event.

How on Earth did I miss that!?!? Ok, seriously worth taking off for now. Ugh.

:scared1: Don't say that!! I'll flee the city!!

Don't flee! COme join us kooks. We can play Sorcerers of the MK together/ Think it'll be open at 6am?

There isn't any new information on the Spring Mickey Monitor Issue either (the magazine for Annual Passholders). Here's what it says:
24 HOURS OF MAGIC
Beginning at 6 a.m. on Leap Day,
February 29, 2012, Magic Kingdom®
Park will be open 24 hours straight for
the first time in history! That’s an entire
nonstop day to enjoy select attractions,
meet some characters and more.

Like we were all thinking only specific attractions will be open, also I've spoken to attraction CM at Mk and all of them say that they will shut down rides during the day for half hour or so. So they won't be operating non-stop. Only time will tell...:confused3

Thanks for sharing. I love how Disney "plans ahead" for these Major Events (it's like the Leg Lamp of WDW).

Did those EMH days start at 6am? It is actually more than three hours...but not much more.
scion5220 - that is one impressive race medal collection in your siggie! As a wanna be runner - :worship:!!!

WOW! I've been checking their site and missed that. That's the MOST info I've seen about this entire event! Thank you for sharing!

How on Earth did I miss that!?!? Ok, seriously worth taking off for now. Ugh.
Come Join us! Come Join Us! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Unfortunately, my partner's mother passed away tonight after a very lengthy illness, so I don't think that after taking the time off to deal with the funeral and all of that stuff that my bosses are going to be too thrilled with me taking off again so soon.

Y'all have fun without me. If there is a chance to eat a Dole Whip at 4 am, have one for me. :rotfl:

Unfortunately, my partner's mother passed away tonight after a very lengthy illness, so I don't think that after taking the time off to deal with the funeral and all of that stuff that my bosses are going to be too thrilled with me taking off again so soon.

Y'all have fun without me. If there is a chance to eat a Dole Whip at 4 am, have one for me. :rotfl:

:hug: We will and I am sorry for your family's loss.

~Marlton Mom

So sorry about your loss. That's so difficult to go through.

I promise to have a dole whip for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter