"Stop Your Snorin', Let's Get To Soarin'!" A Thanksgiving TR! New 10/19- X3!

Come on, it’s time to go to Hollywood Studios!! I had been in Disney for 4 hours and hadn’t stepped foot in a park yet! Something is seriously wrong with that! 

But of course, they moved SO slow!! I was about to leave without them for Fantasmic AKA THE GREATEST SHOW EVER!!!! 

They all had to use the bathroom, when they just passed by public bathrooms downstairs and then change their clothes, all in a snail’s pace, I must add. 

Too funny. I can feel your excitement and impatience. :laughing:

Then Dad decided he wanted to go to bed! At 7:30 in Disney? O.k, whatever moves your monorail. 

:faint:

I was so happy! 

We pulled up to the dock and I booked it into the park! T minus 4 minutes! I walked with passion over to the theater and I got there with a minute to spare! Yay! Fantasmic! How I love they. 

It was more amazing than I even remembered and the ending gave me goosebumps! 

Whew! Glad you made it! I was willing you there in my mind as I was reading.

The Osbourne lights! Oh my gosh! These are just the greatest! We spent half an hour in just looking at them in awe! They’re so magical!

I sure did miss seeing the lights last year. It's an experience to spend time walking the streets and listening to the music as the lights blink off and on.

I was just in awe over Disney! I felt so happy to be back and I was in amazement that such a wonderful place could really exist!

I feel this way every single time. It never ever gets old or unexciting.

Hahha 60 at Thanksgiving! Here in NY, I'd be in shorts and a t-shirt trying to tan if it was that warm in November!! Love the trip report! Hope you post again soon!

I really love the lights festival over at DHS but haven't been there in awhile at X-Mas time .. I miss it !

Looks like you had a great night (despite the cold) ! :thumbsup2
It's my favorite! Awe, I hope you get to go back at Christmas soon!
It was a great night!

Too funny. I can feel your excitement and impatience. :laughing:
:faint:

Whew! Glad you made it! I was willing you there in my mind as I was reading.

[/COLOR][/B]

I sure did miss seeing the lights last year. It's an experience to spend time walking the streets and listening to the music as the lights blink off and on.

I feel this way every single time. It never ever gets old or unexciting.
I don't get why they couldn't go to the bathroom in the lobby. :lmao:
I had to go, too.... to DHS that is.
I really didn't think we were going to make it. I wish the lights were year-round, but I know that will never happen. Maybe for Limited Time Magic?! :rotfl2:
I don't think it will ever get old for me.
Wonderful trip report! Thanks for sharing it! Best wishes on your college applications!
:welcome: and thanks for joining in! Thank you!
Hahha 60 at Thanksgiving! Here in NY, I'd be in shorts and a t-shirt trying to tan if it was that warm in November!! Love the trip report! Hope you post again soon!
:welcome: and thanks for joining in! I'm a chicken when it comes to cold weather, but I have no problem with heat, if I'm dressed properly.

Thanksgiving!!!

My internal alarm clock woke my up at 5:30 and I could not fall back asleep! I was so excited!! I had been looking forward to this day for years. I was finally getting to see New Fantasyland. I played on my phone until 6:30 when I decided it would be appropriate to start getting ready. I woke everyone else up and I told them I wanted to leave at 7:20 when really 7:30 would suffice. Ya gotta do what ya gotta to do to make rope drop. I had a double chocolate chip muffin for breakfast from Sam's. It was delish and such a treat since I usually just have a boring banana or yogurt for breakfast.

We walked out at 7:30! Yay! MK EMH here we come!! In the elevator, a family asked us where we're from since we had on heavy coats. It was around 40! So cold!! I later joked to Mom that we should tell everybody who asks that we're from North Dakota.

We waited a few minutes for a bus to the MK! I can't even explain how much I love Disney buses. I would drive one to school if I could. I would definitely have the coolest car.

I tweeted about how happy I was to be on a Disney bus, but before it even went through, Bus Guy spoke and it was the new one. I quickly changed me tweet.

We got to MK right as the train was pulling up. It was my first time seeing the show in person. I've seen it dozens of times on YouTube. We usually get to MK right as the show is ending. It was so cute!

The park officially opened for EMH and we made our way down Main Street! Dad and Amy decided that they wanted to go on Space Mountain.

O.k. You have fun! I'm going to NEW FANTASYLAND!!

I was walking way too fast and Mom couldn't keep up! Move it or lose it!
We marveled at the castle and walked right through it!

There are two new castles! Two! (Stacy reference)

I knew that we should do Enchanted Tales with Belle first, but I NEEDED to go on the Little Mermaid right then! I just couldn't wait an extra twenty minutes. We walked right through the amazing queue and were soon instructed to swim into our clam shell and pull down on our sand bar! Disney is so cute with their lingo!

The whole ride just blew me away! It was so amazing and is now one of my favorites! Maybe because Ariel is my favorite princess.

We then went over to Enchanted and the line was twenty minutes.
Maurice's cottage is too cute!

I too way too many pictures in line! I just love the feel of New Fantasyland!

I mean look at these light fixtures!

I loved Madame Wardrobe!

She gave out all the roles, but I didn't get one! Luckily, she had extras for anyone who wanted a part! I got to be a salt shaker! I'm 5!!

Overall, I thought it was cute, but not something I need to do every trip!

We saw a crowd at Be Our Guest, so we went to go investigate! Turns out they were letting people inside to explore! Yay! We weren’t allowed in the dining rooms, but I was amazed at what I saw and couldn’t wait to eat there.

Looks like it might be time for a pedicure! (Stacy reference)

We came out and saw the Steps gamboling around.

Dad called to see where we were and Mom told him we were in New Fantasyland! No big deal or anything! We reunited and I picked up some FPs for Pooh.

I need to pee in the Tangled Toilets!!

I love how Disney keeps Walt's legacy alive! I hope they will always do that!

We decided to go on the Haunted Mansion!

We got stuck a few times! I'm not sure if it was for a wheelchair or not, but it was minutes at a time, so I think it was technical issues. It was kind of nice to get to have more time to see everything, but getting stuck going backwards down a slope is not comfortable!

It was soon time for our Pooh Fps!
Let's play find Mom and Amy!

I thought it was so funny that they couldn't see us!

Christopher Robin is so sentimental to me! I hope Disney never gets rid of this ride!

We then decided we should make our way of the MK for our 10:45 ADR. I decided to make a brunch ADR because last summer Dad commented that it was too bad Disney doesn't have any table service breakfasts because he likes having nice breakfasts. Um, why didn't you say anything?

I'll give you a clue as to where we're going for brunch!

YAY! You're back! Great updates.
I seriously think we're twins! I always have to tell my family we're leaving 10-15 minutes earlier then I plan...they just don't get us!

Sorry for the cold weather, but a cold day in Disney is better then a hot day at home!

AHH I can't wait to see the New Fantasy Land during the day. When we went in December we were only there for MVMCP, so it was dark. And we didn't get to do anything other then walk around, so I'm super excited to check it out.

Great update....love all the pics. :)
:welcome: and thank you!
YAY! You're back! Great updates.
I seriously think we're twins! I always have to tell my family we're leaving 10-15 minutes earlier then I plan...they just don't get us!

Sorry for the cold weather, but a cold day in Disney is better then a hot day at home!

AHH I can't wait to see the New Fantasy Land during the day. When we went in December we were only there for MVMCP, so it was dark. And we didn't get to do anything other then walk around, so I'm super excited to check it out.
Haha yes I am! Thank you!
We definitely are! I always do that with my fam. I usually disregard what time my mom says because she is never ready by then anyway, but I still get yelled at.

I definitely agree!

I miss it so much! It has such a different feel during the day, but night is awesome, too. I need to eat at Gaston's Tavern and do Pete's Silly Slideshow.

:welcome: and thank you!

Haha yes I am! Thank you!
We definitely are! I always do that with my fam. I usually disregard what time my mom says because she is never ready by then anyway, but I still get yelled at.

I definitely agree!

I miss it so much! It has such a different feel during the day, but night is awesome, too. I need to eat at Gaston's Tavern and do Pete's Silly Slideshow.

haha I totally do that with my mom!

It really does have such a different feel. I can't wait to experience it during the day! And I really need to eat at BoG!! We did Pete's Silly Slideshow and it was adorable! LOVE the gift shop too!

haha I totally do that with my mom!

It really does have such a different feel. I can't wait to experience it during the day! And I really need to eat at BoG!! We did Pete's Silly Slideshow and it was adorable! LOVE the gift shop too!
Glad I'm not the only one!
I miss BOG... and everything else in Disney, for that matter. I don't know what my problem was, but I didn't even get over to Storybook Circus last time. There's just never enough time in Disney.

A boat was waiting for us to take us to the Wilderness Lodge! Talk about perfect timing!!

This was my first time on a MK resort launch since I was really little, so it was nice to be back. We all agreed that this felt more like an actual boat than the friendships.

We past the lovely Contemp on our way.

Once at the Wilderness Lodge, we made our way over to Whispering Canyon where we had a 10:45 brunch ADR.

We were about 10 minutes early, but we only had to wait a few minutes for our pager-- just enough time to lose Amy at the Mercantile.

I was SO excited to eat here! I remembered eating here back in 2005 and had been wanting to go back ever since then! Unfortunately, Mom and Dad were the source of entertainment that night, so they were in no rush to get back, but I tricked them into coming here! I'm so sneaky. I told Dad they had a skillet and I told Mom it was a fancy restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge. She claims she knew it was the same place, but she didn't think the antics would be going on at breakfast time.

Our waitress' name was Sandy and she took great care of us!
We started off with some waters all around.

But then I remembered that I'm only going to live once, so I made Amy share this beauty with me.

The bottom-less chocolate milkshake! Yum!!
Amy and I also shared the chocolate chip pancakes! Lots of chocolate today, but no one is complaining. I also had a double chocolate chip muffin before I left the room. Nothing like some vacation grub! I promise I don't eat like this at home.

The portion was large enough to fill us both up!
Mom had the banana french toast. I'm normally not a big fan of banana-flavored food, but this was delish!

Dad had the omelette.

And that meant he needed ketchup!

Sandy found out it was my birthday!! She brought me a cupcake and sang to me backwards.

I had been really stressed out leading up to the trip, so I decided I was going to wear mickey ears all day, everyday while in Disney. I'm 5.

We paid, thanked Sandy, and then went to go explore the resort for a while. We all really enjoyed our meal.

While in the bathroom, I had the biggest heart attack, like the kind where you have a headache for a while. I thought I lost my Vera that had my AP, camera, and cash. Luckily, I put it on the hook in my stall. Crisis averted!!

We asked a guy to take our picture and this was the result!

I love how each tree at Disney has differently themed ornaments. So precious!

We decided to have a little photo shoot in hopes of getting a picture for a Christmas card.

We went outside to catch a bus to the AK! When we got over there, we saw that a woman was on the ground and couldn't move. It looked like she was the Grandma and she had her family there. I felt so bad for the whole family. After a few minutes, the EMT came and got her up. She was ok, but they brought her to her room. I hope she felt better right after and the family was able to enjoy their vacation.
This happened on our way to AK!

Maybe I go a little commando in Disney?!
My friend texted me while on the bus and told me she was on her way to Disney because her parents surprised her that morning. I was so happy for her. She thought she was going because her family goes everything Thanksgiving, so we made plans to meet up, but her family told her they couldn't go. She was even staying at the same resort as me. We decided that we would have to meet up at some point.

There was practically nobody at the entrance!

I noticed that Festival of the Lion King was starting in a few mins and I wanted to see it so bad, but the units just could not make up their mind. I was getting so frustrated! Dad and I decided to go see it then and Mom and Amy did something else, I don't remember what. Mom decided she would see it when we were doing the thrills.

It was standing room only when we got there, but we did it anyway! I hadn't seen this show since 2004 and Lion King is my favorite Disney movie so that was not o.k!

It was so great!

More themed trees! Disney is just so perfect!

We called Mom and Amy and they told us they had gotten FPs for the Safari and I was so grateful bc usually I'm the FP runner and I hate going to get the Safari FPs.
We had a few minutes until it was time to use them, so we decided to meet up then.
Dad decided he needed a water bottle since we would be in Africa for two months. As he was paying, he decided that he should just buy a pretzel at the last second because just why not?

The weather was so gorgeous!

I loved our tour guide! She stopped for pics! I also loved the new zebra section. I've always been fascinated by zebras.

The parade was starting soon, so we decided to stay close. I bought some popcorn and we got front row seats. Unfortunately, at the last second a family came and squashed themselves right on top of us. They didn't speak English and they wouldn't go in the back. I got there 20 minutes before, so I was annoyed. I eventually gave them the death glance and went to go stand in the back. While I was waiting, I witnessed a baby eating popcorn off the ground! Gross!!!

I hadn't seen this parade in a while. I was so excited!!

Caption this!

It was such a fun, festive parade!

Subscribing!!! I just found your TR and I loved reading it. I can't believe how cold it was on your trip, and people actually in the pools:eek:. I know the pools are heated but the air temp is the killer!!! I live near the coast in Alabama and I don't go near the water until the air temp is at least 75 with a lot of sun.

I want to take a Thanksgiving trip to Disney soooooo bad. I have never been at that time of the year. Thanks for sharing your trip!!!

Subscribing!!! I just found your TR and I loved reading it. I can't believe how cold it was on your trip, and people actually in the pools:eek:. I know the pools are heated but the air temp is the killer!!! I live near the coast in Alabama and I don't go near the water until the air temp is at least 75 with a lot of sun.

I want to take a Thanksgiving trip to Disney soooooo bad. I have never been at that time of the year. Thanks for sharing your trip!!!
:welcome: and thanks for joining in! It hasn't been that cold Thanksgiving week in years. I live in S Florida and haven't been in my pool yet this summer. It's not heated and it rains everyday so it feels like the tundra. :sad1:Hopefully this weekend.
I hope you get to go around Christmas one day! It's such a magical time.
Great update! :thumbsup2
Thank you!

Awesome updates! Love your pics of Wilderness Lodge. I'm dying to stay there some day. I still have to get to Animal Kingdom during Christmas. The past 2 years, we've skipped it because we didn't have enough time.

I have that same Minnie shirt...from Target??

Awesome updates! Love your pics of Wilderness Lodge. I'm dying to stay there some day. I still have to get to Animal Kingdom during Christmas. The past 2 years, we've skipped it because we didn't have enough time.

I have that same Minnie shirt...from Target??

Thanks! AK is probably the least festive of the parks. It just has some trees and the parade.
Yes! I'm dangerously addicted to Target. Yesterday I went there for 3 groceries and came out with 2 and a summer dress. Did you see the new Ariel tank? it says "but who cares NBD". :lmao: I managed to leave without it.

Thanks! AK is probably the least festive of the parks. It just has some trees and the parade.
Yes! I'm dangerously addicted to Target. Yesterday I went there for 3 groceries and came out with 2 and a summer dress. Did you see the new Ariel tank? it says "but who cares NBD". :lmao: I managed to leave without it.

Um no! Now I need to go to Target! I'll be stopping there tomorrow after work! haha It's so bad. I seriously have every color cardigan they sell.

I'm not a big fan of AK either. It's my sisters favorite, but its just meh for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter