Stormalong bay not open

BW pool is too small for BW guests. With social distancing and limited people getting into the parks, I don't see how sending BC and Yacht club guests over the the BW makes any sense.
The hotel side won't be open, and the DVC availability seems plentiful. Even with social distancing rules, the pools may not end up being that packed during the pre-park era.

Yes, there will definitely be less guests at these hotels, but there will also not be any parks open for the first few weeks. This could potentially be the problem for over crowding Luna Park.

I booked at BCV for SAB and park hopping to Epcot. With those things off the table for who knows how long. I switched to AKL standard view and was able to lengthen my stay. I know anything could change but I think overall this was a better choice. I’m excited there is a community hall at AKL and a pool slide for my boys. Still I’m sad to lose the experience of BCV. Maybe next time. 😔

@disland7 - If you’ve never stayed at AKL, I don’t think you and your family will be disappointed. We own at BCV, but we love staying at AKL, especially if we are spending more time at the resort. You just can’t beat the animals and activities! The slide at Kidani may not be as big as the one at SAB, but it is a fun one!

@disland7 - If you’ve never stayed at AKL, I don’t think you and your family will be disappointed. We own at BCV, but we love staying at AKL, especially if we are spending more time at the resort. You just can’t beat the animals and activities! The slide at Kidani may not be as big as the one at SAB, but it is a fun one!
Thanks for the encouragement. It was our next choice after BCV. Being able to stay over the weekend and only move once (BLT for the first half) made big difference. I tried to wait to change resorts until I was sure I wouldn’t be too upset if/when Disney says SAB will be open for Sept after all🤣. I send out good luck and happy vibes to all us planners having to deal with the ever cha going rules and circumstances.

So the general thought is that SAB won’t be open when the parks open? I have an early August stay at BCV and I’m only keeping it for SAB. If the general thought is that SAB won’t be open even in early August, I need to rethink everything. 😕

So the general thought is that SAB won’t be open when the parks open? I have an early August stay at BCV and I’m only keeping it for SAB. If the general thought is that SAB won’t be open even in early August, I need to rethink everything. 😕

No one knows for sure, but most believe it will not open until they announce that YC/BC are opening. Even then, it may not, but one report was MLS was considering YC...now they are at Swan and Dolphin so maybe SAB will open with the hotel side.

Many are speculating we will hear about more hotels this week...if not weekend...based on how they are handling cash reservations for stays before July 11th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter