"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Iam staying mid July...Hoping to request a refurbished 1 bed..pool view....I LOVE sitting on my balcony overlooking the quiet pool..listening to the lovely soft music. Do all the 1 beds at BCV have a balcony off the bedroom AND living room? That is probably most important to me.

Iam staying mid July...Hoping to request a refurbished 1 bed..pool view....I LOVE sitting on my balcony overlooking the quiet pool..listening to the lovely soft music. Do all the 1 beds at BCV have a balcony off the bedroom AND living room? That is probably most important to me.
All of them have a balcony off the living room but not all of them have a balcony off the master bedroom. Here is a picture that I "stole" from the Beach Club thread that shows the master bedroom on the 2nd and 4th floors have a balcony but the ones on the 3rd floor do not.

IMG_6461_zps6003ff2e.jpg

When we stayed in a 1 BR on the 3rd floor, we did have a balcony off both the LR and BR. However, they were two separate, small balconies. The picture was taken from the MBR balcony to the LR balcony-it really wasn't my favorite set-up-

So, just received an e-mail from Disney/Beach Club, basically staying that the resort will be under construction during our stay (August 28th - September 3rd).
They did note that "all unique Resort amenities including our shopping, dining, and recreation experiences will remain open to you during your stay", which pretty much confirms room refurb. They also indicate construction is from 9 AM to 4 PM.

This doesn't bother me as I knew this going in, but wondering if others are getting this as well, and how far out they are sending them. I'm sort of hoping for a refurbed room, though never having stayed there I am not sure I would really care one way or another.
I received an email for our stay Aug 16-20.

we are staying 8/15-23 and have just received an email.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the balcony replies....I guess I will request to have balcony s off the bedroom and living room. I don't mind if its two small balconies or one long one...just that I can get to a balcony from the bedroom ..with early morning coffee..:worship:

Are the people that haven't got an e-mail newly booked? We booked on 1/27/15 and the e-mail didn't show up until 3/10. Just wondering if there's something in the system that waits a while before sending it out.

We booked at 11 months out, for 7/19-29th. Still have no email. Not that it matters it is, what it is. It will still be a great trip!!

Are the people that haven't got an e-mail newly booked? We booked on 1/27/15 and the e-mail didn't show up until 3/10. Just wondering if there's something in the system that waits a while before sending it out.

We booked at 11 months out, last November for mid-October. Still no email.

Selfishly, though I'm hoping that some people who get the email consider changing their booking to a different resort-this morning I wait listed for October 17th. Our reservation started October 18th, but the flight availability and prices meant one night hopefully added.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday about the refurbishments during our stay in November. I was expecting an email.

We got a letter today for our vacation 8/30-9/6. I'm wondering if they are refurbishing the studios first, 1BRs second, and 2BRs, last? We have a 2BR. Anyone confirm how they refurbish? Based on floor or on room size? Just wondering. Thanks!

Last edited:
I got a letter in the mail yesterday about the refurbishments during our stay in November. I was expecting an email.

Yes, I got a letter too and I kinda feel honored, like they went through extra work to send us a letter rather than "just an Email". But I had to laugh at them trying to put a positive spin on the potential noise-"you may overhear our 'magic-making'". DH is demolishing the kitchen tiles now so I told him his smashing is "magic-making" (hey, where are the smiley faces?)

We got the letter today too. Not the email.
Wonder why the difference?
We arrive one month from today!:goodvibes

So, these e-mails/letters mostly seem to be talking about later in the year (July - December). However, the recent announcement from DVC was that:

The guest room renovations are scheduled to begin in late-March 2015 and run through late-June of this year.

That quote is out of the Disney Files / DVC magazine, so not a rumor. That to me says the noise issue late in the year will more involve the MAIN Beach Club, and not so much the DVC wing.

We got a letter today for our vacation 8/30-9/6. I'm wondering if they are refurbishing the studios first, 1BRs second, and 2BRs, last? We have a 2BR. Anyone confirm how they refurbish? Based on floor or on room size? Just wondering. Thanks!

That is extremely unlikely. What they would do is close off a section/wing of a certain floor and do all those rooms at once. I'm sure with the DVC area they can only close off so many rooms at one time, as this would have to be planned out 11 months in advance to adjust the room inventory. It would be all the studios. 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms on a floor at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter