Strange question regarding mil

Wendy1985

Loves everything fitness
For the first time ny mil wants to see me alone with out dh anyone ever visited with their mil with out there dh

Do you have a good relationship with your MIL? If so, perhaps she enjoys your company and wants some quality time with you.

I do things with my MIL as often as I can without my DH (we live pretty far away so time is limited.). When we lived closer we would go shopping, and out to eat. We still try to do things together. We have a great relationship.

Do you have a good relationship with your MIL? If so, perhaps she enjoys your company and wants some quality time with you.

I would say that wr always get along but in our 13 years of being together we rarely see each other, and I know most would not believe but I am a little on the shy side so I would rather him come along

Many times when she was alive. We truly enjoyed each others company. I miss her.

If you have always got along in 13 years, I see no reason why you should not go without your husband. My guess is you'll be pleasantly surprised at how strong you are! Go for it, and have fun!!

For the first time ny mil wants to see me alone with out dh anyone ever visited with their mil with out there dh
Sure, I have.
Are you talking about meeting for lunch or a movie? Or is it visit over a weekend?

If it was my MIL I would find it odd as I have never gotten along with DH step mom, nor does he for that matter. However, if you have a good relationship with yours then it isn't an odd request.

When I was in college I dated a guy who I got along fabulously with his mother and grandmother, so going out with either of them alone would not have been an odd event.

Is it possible she wants to talk to you about a surprise for your DH? Does he have a big birthday coming up? Rather than worry about it - ask her what's on her mind.

My DH and his mother don’t have the best of relationships. . . We live on the opposite coast as our mothers (who happen to live in the same town) I try to visit my MIL every 3rd or 4th time I fly there to see my mom, because my husband has no plans to ever travel there again (not because of her) and if I don’t visit we’ll have almost no contact- so I usually see her alone once or twice a year.

A special request to visit her would really pique my curiosity

My son and I are flying down to FL to visit my MIL in a couple weeks. We had to split up for different spring breaks, so my wife is down there now. This is, however, the first time we've gone without my wife, but we'll be fine.

Over the years I've grown very fond of my mil and consider her in the same regard as a mother. It's not strange and I think as years pass the bonds as 'family' feel stronger.

My mother in law and I have a great relationship. I had a long term relationship before husband and was married once before too, never felt comfortable calling their mothers "mom"....my MIL now I felt comfortable calling her "mom" much sooner than I expected. I go visit her with or without my husband, and she has always treated me like part of the family as though i were her own child.

YMMV, but if you have a good relationship with her there's no reason not to spend time with her.

I have taken the kids to see MIL when DH had to work. It went fine. I would be surprised if she asked to see me without the kids. We don't NOT get along, but we aren't that close either.

Sure, I have.
Are you talking about meeting for lunch or a movie? Or is it visit over a weekend?

Lunch
Is it possible she wants to talk to you about a surprise for your DH? Does he have a big birthday coming up? Rather than worry about it - ask her what's on her mind.
Yes he has a birthday coming up in two weeks i woild not call ot a big birthday he will be 36

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter