Strategy for 5.5 days at Disney/Universal in February

jpotter1

Earning My Ears
hello all! My husband, my parents and I are booked to stay at POR, 2/6/2017-2/12/2017. We plan to arrive by noon on the 6th so that gives us 5.5 days. Now I'm a Disney lover and originally planned on doing 4.5 days at Disney and 1 day universal/Islands of Adventure. My husband has only been to Disney once as a child and doesn't really remember . To be honest, he isn't super excited. I hope he falls in love with Disney, BUT I think he may enjoy universal a little bit more. Do you guys think this is a good strategy, or do you think it would be better to spend 2 days at universal and maybe hit HS on our half day?

Note: we will have park hopper tickets so we could return to HS if we miss something and we will also purchase the express passes at universal.

This is my strategy for the same time frame. Spending two nights at Universal with two day park tickets. We will be traveling with a 5 year old and I have chronic illness that causes me to tire easily. That way we don't feel like we have to cram it all in on one day. After our second universal day we will head to Disney and check in. We will be spending 5 nights at Disney. We opted to do a 3 day park hopper pass. Again, we feel like the 5 year old can only handle so much and we are planning a non-park day. I love Disney and this is our first visit to Universal so I have no idea how my ratios will play out. I have been to Disney a few times so I don't feel like I need to see everything during my trip. I am not even sure if I will make it to all four parks this visit.

If you think you DH will like US more, than, yes, I would plan on two days there. Especially if he enjoys Harry Potter. I, personally, could spend one entire day just in the WWOHP.

For us, 5.5 park days in a row is a lot but then again we have younger kids. Not sure your ages, or your parent's age's, but your plan is doable either way 4.5 at Disney/1 Universal or 3.5 Disney/2 Universal. Have you decided what attractions are a must-see for your group? That might determine how to divide your time. Personally we like Disney for the magic and Universal for the thrills and adventure however we always find ourselves wishing for more time at Disney. Depending on your level of interest in Harry Potter you can spend all day just exploring those 2 areas and riding the Hogwarts Express.

If you are Universal for rope drop and stay until close its very possible you could do both parks in one day, especially if you have express pass. DHS is still an all day park for us and if your family are Star Wars fans it might be for you guys as well. Animal Kingdom is a half day park for us. It really just depends on your interests. Each park is unique and you will have fun no matter how you chose to spend your time. I think spending time at both Disney and Universal makes me appreciate how different & cool each is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter