• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strike yer colors, you brazen wench, no need to expose yer superstructure! New p. 16

:headache: :sad: My update died along with the kids PC. I knew better than to update on it but I'm still green on my iPad.

Luckily we've been able to get to all the stops, Stateline, Baker, we just passed Barstow (another stop), looks like it's gonna be 8 hrs back to Long Beach today.

So that means 9 months till I'm at WDW too, but thankfully we have a trip in May too! :banana:

May and October? Awesome! I've been once in May. The weather was perfect and the flower creations were so neat! Where are you staying?

Oh it is getting so much closer.

I'm super excited. :woohoo: We haven't been since May 2009. I'm in planning overdrive. Keeps me from freaking over the fact that Chloe's bat mitzvah is in less than 5 months. :hyper:

May and October? Awesome! I've been once in May. The weather was perfect and the flower creations were so neat! Where are you staying?

I'm super excited. :woohoo: We haven't been since May 2009. I'm in planning overdrive. Keeps me from freaking over the fact that Chloe's bat mitzvah is in less than 5 months. :hyper:

We are splitting the trip between Kidani and BLT in May...that's the PTR that you've been reading (though for some reason you would think I'm in Vegas! :lmao:)

We were there in May 2008, and 2011 and it was warm, but the weather was still good.

:headache: :sad: My update died along with the kids PC. I knew better than to update on it but I'm still green on my iPad.

Sorry to hear about the update. I'm running the risk of losing stuff with the computer I'm working on. It needs to go to the Dr., but I like it so much better than my travel computer. It also has office instead of works.

We are splitting the trip between Kidani and BLT in May...that's the PTR that you've been reading (though for some reason you would think I'm in Vegas! :lmao:)

We were there in May 2008, and 2011 and it was warm, but the weather was still good.

Sorry to hear about the update. I'm running the risk of losing stuff with the computer I'm working on. It needs to go to the Dr., but I like it so much better than my travel computer. It also has office instead of works.

:rotfl2: I get confused with everyone's changes and details. Heck, I can't even keep my own details in line. :blush: What's the weather in October like? I'm guessing a little more tolerable than scorching September. Have you stayed at BLT?

I have a total love hate relationship with computers but now that we're Mac heavy, I'm leaning towards the love side. I got my iPad2! :cloud9: I hope you get it fixed without too much headache.

Jenny -

I wanted to comment while I am thinking about it. I've been meaning to jump in here the last 50 times I have been on the DIS and either I forget to do it, or I run out of time and have to sign off, or my computer from Hades starts acting up and I lose patience...

You had already begun your TR before I took my own DLR trip, so the title of your TR was fresh on my mind.

When my friends and I rode POTC and were looking around for anything new that might have been added in during the lengthy refurb, my friend's husband commented almost immediately that he noticed the audio in the ride had either been turned up or was much clearer (less muddy & murky-sounding).

Suddenly he/we could hear what the pirates were saying much better than we had been able to in the past - and one prime example was the pirate who utters the "Strike yer colors, you brazen wench, no need to expose yer superstructure!" line. It was an obvious (to us) improvement in the sound, because I don't think we had ever heard exactly - word for word - what the pirate said in that scene in the past, but now it was crystal clear!

So any time I rode POTC and passed that "brazen wench" section, I thought of your TR!:rotfl2:

Jenny -

I wanted to comment while I am thinking about it. I've been meaning to jump in here the last 50 times I have been on the DIS and either I forget to do it, or I run out of time and have to sign off, or my computer from Hades starts acting up and I lose patience...

You had already begun your TR before I took my own DLR trip, so the title of your TR was fresh on my mind.

When my friends and I rode POTC and were looking around for anything new that might have been added in during the lengthy refurb, my friend's husband commented almost immediately that he noticed the audio in the ride had either been turned up or was much clearer (less muddy & murky-sounding).

Suddenly he/we could hear what the pirates were saying much better than we had been able to in the past - and one prime example was the pirate who utters the "Strike yer colors, you brazen wench, no need to expose yer superstructure!" line. It was an obvious (to us) improvement in the sound, because I don't think we had ever heard exactly - word for word - what the pirate said in that scene in the past, but now it was crystal clear!

So any time I rode POTC and passed that "brazen wench" section, I thought of your TR!:rotfl2:

:welcome: I'm so glad you checked in. :goodvibes I'm just about to post my Day 3 update. Carlos, don't be cheeeekin (chicken) and Brazen Wench are my favorite parts of POTC. It was hard to decide what line to use for my title. :laughing:

Day 3, part 2 continued....

Sorry for the time it’s taken to update. I had it all ready to go from the kids’ PC, lesson learned, and it died. :headache: Ouch.

When we left you, Gabby and I were headed back to the villa so she could have a power nap while the other stayed at Disneyland. How I got the raw end of the deal taking her back is totally beyond me. :confused3 DH did take some photos of their adventures but all from his cell which are now on his Mac and his Mac is with him. :lmao: I will add those tomorrow. :flower:

They decided to grab some lunch from the Stage Door Café where DS had his first funnel cake. :sad: I promised him I would buy him one and DH totally scooped me. Luckily he got a photo which I will post later. They ordered and shared:

(1)Fish & Chips - with sliced apples or fries, plus tartar sauce or one of our dipping sauces. $9.49

(1)Chicken Breast Nuggets - with sliced apples or fries, plus one of our dipping sauces. $8.49

(1)Fantasy Funnel Cake - with strawberry, chocolate brownie or powdered sugar topping. $5.49 They got it with the brownie.

After lunch they rode Star Tours, Space, and Splash.

On the way back Gabby was starving so we grabbed her some $8 ice cream drink from Haagen Daz :laughing: and a pretzel from Wetzel’s Pretzels. On the way back to our villa, they were setting up for a private party and I took this photo much to Gabby’s dismay:

IMG_2694.jpg

When we got back to the villa, I finished the jambalaya from Ralph Brennan’s and Gabby ate a garden salad we brought back from WWS. It was nighty night for Gabby. She was out within minutes. I drew the blinds and let her sleep. For about an hour. I was jonesing to go back to Disneyland. :hyper:

Note: I received text from both DD and DS asking me to skip the tour. Hmm…..

I know this is going to sounds shocking but truly I have no regrets, I decided to bag the tour. :faint:

I know was looking so forward to it, I really was but they were so insistent that we spend the last day together. Even my snotty teen asked me to skip it. The Tour will be around again.

We had given Michael our tickets when we left so he could grab FPs for all of so he needed to meet us at the gate to get us in. This photo cracks me up:
IMG_2695.jpg

When we arrived back, they were waiting for me a gingerbread cookie and hot cocoa because they knew I’d miss both as I skipped the tour. Seriously, so sweet. I knew I made the right decision. :thumbsup2

We rode Indy and POTC and I noticed this door. I’m guessing it leads to the Pirate Suite maybe?

IMG_2697.jpg

After POTC, the little kids wanted to go to DCA for GRR and Goofy’s Sky School. Family togetherness? That lasted a long time. :rotfl2: We took the train from NOS to Tomorrowland where Gabby and I got off while the other headed to the Main St station:

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Our drive by glimpse of ToonTown during the entire trip:

IMG_2703.jpg

Cont in next post.....

Gabby and I stayed in Disneyland and rode Autopia and IASW and enjoyed some yummy treats:

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

What’s this archaic device?

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

I bet I have 100 photos of this hippo:

IMG_2721.jpg

I :lovestruc tiny Elvis:

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

DH and the little kids went to the villa, grabbed sweatshirts etc, and met us back at Disneyland where we rode the Matterhorn, Space, and Indy before meeting my friend:

IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

We met my friend about 4:30. She has young kids so we rode Buzz and grabbed some delicious corn dogs from the red cart. They are always so good. We ordered:

(5) Hand-Dipped Corn Dog - With sliced apples or a small bag of chips. $5.99

I can’t figure out how to swirl faces so I’ll add more pics of all the kids but for now here is one of the boys while waiting for our corn dogs:

IMG_2731.jpg

Gabby and my friend’s DD:

IMG_2733.jpg

My one tiny gander at the parade:

IMG_2732.jpg

With my friend and her kids and compliments of child swap we rode Indy again and then POTC again.

I really wanted to watch the fireworks so my friend and her kiddies and I grabbed a spot on Main St while my crew rode Space one last time. My fireworks photos are on my cell which I will add later. I didn’t take many though as I wanted to really enjoy the show, which we did.

IMG_2737.jpg

And one last stop at IASW because I had yet to ride at night.

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

The strap around my waist is not a fanny pack. It’s a support back strap for the backpack. Please make note. I am anti-fanny pack.

After IASW we did a little shopping. I wanted some candy for stocking stuffers and also wanted more Holiday Cheer coffee for when we returned home. It really is so good. Some pics on the way out:

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

We bid our farewells to Disneyland. I’ll admit it, a few tears fell, as they always do. We decided to go down to the Jacuzzi and enjoy one last night of what the GCV has to offer:

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

Gabby stayed back to watch the WoC from the balcony again :teeth:

After the jacuzzi, DH and I went down to the Hearthstone Lounge again for an evening drink. We grabbed the long couch and chilled. We talked about our trip to WDW this coming October and how much we appreciated the kids gratefulness the entire trip. They have really grown so much. I left the camera in the room so I didn’t get photos but DH had two Irish Coffees made with decaf and I had a glass of red wine. It was the perfect way to end what had been 3 amazing days at Disneyland and Cal Adventure. I know I have said this before but buying DVC was truly one of the best things we've done for our family. It has increased the quality of our vacations.

Up next….our last morning at the hotel and in DTD…

I just have to ask...when you say you grabbed the long couch in the Hearthstone Lounge, is that the one that is hard to climb out of because you sink deep into it?:rotfl2:

Maybe there is more than one couch in that lounge and I am overlooking the other ones, but there is one particular sofa/love seat sort of thing in there that has kind of a plunging seat. First, my friend and I sat in it and kind of said, "Whoa...this is...interesting." We knew we couldn't sit upright in it very well, so we climbed out of it and got into another seat against the wall.

From that point, we watched as other unsuspecting souls sat in that same spot, on that same couch, and everyone kind of plunked down and sank into it. Then, when they attempted to get up, they all groaned as they scooted and hoisted themselves up. It was so funny!:rotfl2:

IASW looks so festive for the holidays.
I love that you clarified you are not wearing a fanny pack. :rotfl2:

It looked like a lot of fun, and everything was all dolled-up for the holidays. It was nice that you got to meet up with a friend.

I have enjoyed your trip report so much-- it cannt be over. Your kids looked like they really enjoyed each minute at DL. The kids looked as if they even enjoyed being with Mom and Dad. I can't believe the TR is almost over, it has been so much fun following along. I took a picture of the same area with the private party set up. My picture included maybe 8 tables and was for a wedding or anniversary as there was a teired cake. Looking foreard to next PTR/TP.

I just have to ask...when you say you grabbed the long couch in the Hearthstone Lounge, is that the one that is hard to climb out of because you sink deep into it?:rotfl2:

Maybe there is more than one couch in that lounge and I am overlooking the other ones, but there is one particular sofa/love seat sort of thing in there that has kind of a plunging seat. First, my friend and I sat in it and kind of said, "Whoa...this is...interesting." We knew we couldn't sit upright in it very well, so we climbed out of it and got into another seat against the wall.

From that point, we watched as other unsuspecting souls sat in that same spot, on that same couch, and everyone kind of plunked down and sank into it. Then, when they attempted to get up, they all groaned as they scooted and hoisted themselves up. It was so funny!:rotfl2:

:lmao: I don't remember the couch being extra squishy. It's the one that faces the bar with the table in between it and another couch.

IASW looks so festive for the holidays.
I love that you clarified you are not wearing a fanny pack. :rotfl2:

You know me. ;) IASW is amazing during the holidays. It kicks booty over WDW's.

It looked like a lot of fun, and everything was all dolled-up for the holidays. It was nice that you got to meet up with a friend.

:thanks: It was such a great trip.

I have enjoyed your trip report so much-- it cannt be over. Your kids looked like they really enjoyed each minute at DL. The kids looked as if they even enjoyed being with Mom and Dad. I can't believe the TR is almost over, it has been so much fun following along. I took a picture of the same area with the private party set up. My picture included maybe 8 tables and was for a wedding or anniversary as there was a teired cake. Looking foreard to next PTR/TP.

:welcome: and thank you. They did seem to have a good time which makes our upcoming trip to WDW even more exciting. So we were at the GCV at the same time? Cool! How did you enjoy your trip?

I have a link for my current pre-trip report for this coming October to WDW if you are interested. :goodvibes

I'll be wrapping this up tomorrow night. Sorry I've been such a slacker. I've been hyper focused on planning for WDW. :blush:

No worries! We'll wait for you!

You're not the only one slacking off, by the way.:rotfl2: I ended my Christmas trip at DLR on December 8th and have not even begun my TR yet!:rotfl2::rolleyes1 That is new for me. I never, ever, ever wait that long to start a TR after a trip. I just haven't felt like doing it. Plain and simple.

For one thing, I have way too many computer problems and the notion of starting a new TR with my current PC situation is daunting. I don't know if I have the patience for it this time around.

Secondly, I haven't been feeling well for the last month. The cold I caught at DLR seems to have turned into a sinus infection or something and I just don't feel up to par. I probably should go to a doctor but I am avoiding it until I am forced to go.

Third, when there are a bunch of other Christmas Trip Reports happening simultaneously, I know that there is only so much the readers can take of holiday-related stuff all at one time. Attention spans start to drift quickly. So I figured I'd wait until a few of the other holiday TR's ended before I jumped in with mine. A few of them have ended by now, so I just have to overcome the aforementioned hurdles (not feeling well and PC issues)!

Oh, you mentioned that the sofa on which you relaxed at Hearthstone Lounge was the one that was facing the bar, right? The "interesting" one that my friend and I got (and the one that we watched other people struggle with as they attempted to climb out of it) was the one with its back to the bar - so I guess it would have been facing the one that you sat in.

You are such a nice mom, taking her back for a nap. I'm impressed you got her out of bed for RD, that would have been our challenge with K. Sounds like skipping the tour was the right thing to do, the afternoon and evening sound pretty holiday perfect to me!

Hey...I think our October dates may overlap! How long are you guys there again?

Sherry, clearly I didn't get this updated. :blush: :goodvibes DH left before I had the chance so it will be another 5 days at least. He gets home Wed morning. I hope you're feeling better. Have you started your report? I've got myself subscribed to a few threads and have a hard time catching up. Would you mind PMing me when you update? That way I don't fall behind. :goodvibes

Cynthia, our dates totally overlap :woohoo: but you know that now from my PTR. :laughing: I'm looking forward to meeting you. I feel like I know you thought between here and FB.

Skipping the tour was the best thing to do. I debated but once DH asked me to, then I knew they meant business. He's a man of few emotional words. ;)

No No I took my picture of an event a couple of years ago. I recalled my daughter made about the same look that i took a picture of another person's event. LOL. My moto when I travel is " What the heck -- they will never see me again" Saying that makes what ever I do fine in MY mind :). :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ( but I guess not in daughter's --:rotfl2:

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter