String's Atkin's Journal (Please Comment)

Deciding to start a new journal was tough for me. My history, my struggles, my successes are all in my old journal. My relationships with very wonderful friends developed there. I have so much invested there. However, I felt the need to lighten up, to make a fresh start. You'll know when the time is right to move on and start a new journal.

Beth, the half marathon meant a lot to me. It began as a motivator for me to get off my butt and exercise when I didn't feel like it. It became a celebration of how far I've come and all I've learned, of a committment to take better care of myself through healthy eating and exercise. It also became a symbol of hope, an invitation to dream big and then follow through. For me, it symbolized that my adventures were not over yet, that I still am capable of more than I ever thought possible, that life truly can get better and more exciting at the age of 40.

I guess what I'm trying to say here (in a long-winded way :rolleyes: ) is that you can pick a goal other than the half marathon. Just make sure it's a stretch, a challenge. Make sure it's something you will be proud to accomplish for you. I know when I look back on my life, committing to and then finishing that half marathon will stand out as one of the highlights of my life. Pick something that seems just out of reach but that you can look back on and savor.

OK, I've rambled on enough. Hope this has sparked some ideas for you. Of course, since you've already done so many amazing things in your life (only female member of the high school football team, sky diver extraordinaire, true lifesaver at work), I'm not sure how you top those.

Your food from yesterday looks good. Best wishes for the monthly DZone ride - I feel your pain.

Have a wonderful day, princess: Beth. :sunny:

Enjoy DOI tonight! I'd go along just to watch Katie's eyes sparkle! :love:

Morning Beth! Giving up my journal wasn't a hard decision for me. I was so disgusted with myself the last couple of months that I wanted to cut those ties and move on. However I can also see why others would have a hard time with it. The choice is yours and you shouldn't feel bad no matter what decision that you make.

I think you should put the clippie in your signature. Be proud of what you have done. Own the Number as Oprah says!

~Amanda

Strings said:
Katie is thrilled tonight because we told her that we are going to Finding Nemo DOI tomorrow night. Mom is excited too.

That sounds like fun!! I'll be glad when DD calms down enough to sit through something cool...a movie, a show, DOI...even dinner would be appreciated... :earboy2:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

Good morning, Beth. I was thinking about your clippie just the other day. If you're looking for opinions, I'd say put it back in. You've accomplished such a tremendous amount--seeing that clippie is a celebration of what you've done.

Doreen, your comments about the half marathon touched my heart. Picking a personal goal is a good thing, Beth.

Sorry I've got to run. Be careful in the DZONE!

Erin

:badpc: With the additional 5 inches of snow we lost our internet service. Thank God it is back up. :banana:
The day is going ok, so far. TOM decided to show up abour 4AM. I was awake with cramping, so I got up and started reading my James Patterson book. :cloud9: I took Katie to school, and I headed to the Y. I did 75 minutes on the glider for a calorie burn of 1053. :cool1: Katie and I took a nap because she will be up until 10PM. :rolleyes1 I've also shoveled the snow, again. :cold: :cold: I've had 2.5 l of water so far, and I am sipping green tea now.
Meals...
B: Yogurt and coffee.
L: Salad and 10 wheat thins (Salt craving)
S:1 oatmeal raisin cookie. At least I stopped at 1.
D: Leftover stir fry.

I am not going to make it to many journals today. :badpc: :badpc: I will be around tomorrow. I still haven't thought of a name for my new journal, but I have decided to start one. Still thinking about the clippie though.

Take care,
Beth

Hi Beth,

I hope you and Katie have a great time at DOI! We went to see Finding Nemo when it was here in Cleveland and it was wonderful! :Pinkbounc

I agree with Erin: I think you should put your clippie back in your signature. You have made it through some tough times in the past year Beth and you have accomplished so much! I think the clippie would be a wonderful reminder of your hard work and effort. Celebrate you! :cheer2:

Have a wonderful time tonight! :teeth:

Hi Beth,

I vote for the clippie, too :Pinkbounc You have accomplished sooooo much, you should wear it with pride. I know losing a clippie can be devastating, but that's why you won't lose the 70 pounder ;)

Sunny

I agree too!!! Besides we have made a pact to look forward and not backward and are moving onward and downward! :sunny:

Dear Beth, I'm thinking of you this morning! Can't wait to see what the title of the new journal is. How about Beth's Great Adventure? Hmm, hard to think up a new name, isn't it? :confused3

How was Disney on Ice?? I hope it was magical!

I also vote on wearing your clippie with pride, no matter which clippie it is. You aren't the only one who has gained and lost and regained a clippie. :hyper2: I seem to be getting very good at it, in fact. :p I'm hoping to break that habit. ::yes::

:hug: for your day!

Hi, Beth!
Just wanted to say good morning and congratulate you on all your hard work and your discipline. I see so many inspiring things in your last entry, including your grueling workout and your discipline in satisfying your salt and cookie cravings without letting them control you. Just those couple things alone are lessons for me. :flower:
Keep up the great work! You have come so far and there are so many of us here who look to you with admiration.
Have a wonderful day!

Hi All,

DOI was awesome. I think this was the best show yet.Katie was dancing to the music for the entire show. Of course, that may have been the $10 cotton candy. :banana: I came home and crashed. 2 nights in a row that I am in bed before 11PM, and I napped to boot.

Today I am battling the bloat beast. I can wear my rings which means I am up about 7 pounds. :sad2: I am also a bit nauseated. The focus today is water water water.

Plan for the day...
1.) The dreaded laundry. :confused3
2.) Clean the bathrooms.
3.) Weights and cardio at the Y.
4.) Make a chicken salad for work tomorrow.
5.) Kindergarten roundup tonight. :teeth: I can't believe that Katie is starting school in the fall.

Meal Plan....
B: Tea and toast.
L: Salad.
D: BBQ chicken, cauliflower, and salad.
I have grapefruit or berries if I need something sweet/

I am still trying to come up with a journal title. So far I have Beth's Body Battles. Not very good yet. Who knew that titling a journal would be difficult.
Ok, I need to get my behind in gear. The laundry is calling me. :rolleyes1

Take care,
Beth

Glad you guys had a nice time at the show. As far as your journal goes, "Beth's Body Battles" needs a little positive spin on it, imho. Maybe
words like "victory" or "winner" could be in it? You've succeeded at so much, I think your journal should reflect it! :)

Have a good afternoon, Beth. Have fun at "kindergarten round-up" (that sounds so cute!) :cutie: .

Erin

:rotfl: I'm sorry - Kindergarten Roundup brings visuals of a western rodeo ring where the kids are running around like crazy and the teachers are throwing lassos, trying to catch them! Of course, everyone is dressed in jeans, boots & cowboy hats, and there's country music in the air! :rotfl:

I really can amuse myself with these word pictures! :rolleyes: :teeth:

Hang in there as far as the bloat beast. Anything that brings an extra 7 pounds of water is definitely a beast in my book! You know a day or two will cure it, so you've just got to :boat: ride it out. By this time next week, that beast should be long gone!

:hug:

Hi Beth.... a Toy Story inspired post from Toystoryduo! :teeth:

I had to laugh at Kindergarten round up too! :rotfl: You can make a song to it like Woody's Round Up! (toy Story 2)

Kindergarten Round Up!
C'mon and gather round!
Kindergarten Round Up!
The most fun here in town!

(Okay, my music writing skills need a little work. I tried. :teeth: )

Also, I was thinking about your journal tonight and what about the title:

" Beth's Journey To a Beautiful Body and Beyond!" (Thank you Buzz Lightyear! :3dglasses Told ya I was in a Toy Story mood!;) )

If you want to make the title even more dramatic, it could read:

" Beth's Journey to a Beautiful Body...... and Beyond!" (The dots between body and beyond provide suspense, don't ya think?;) ) You can substitute any and all words if you like. :teeth:

Thanks for putting up with my Toy Story sense of humor tonight Beth! Have a wonderful evening and an awesome Friday! Yeehaw! :banana:

Well, I think I have decided on a title, maybe. Beth's Journal-Bring It!

We got news today. PG/PB is no longer required to go to counselling. She is required to not have contact with Katie or I for a period of 2 years. I am done letting this alter how I live my life. If she comes near us, I will defend myself and my daughter. End of Story.

I wish kindergarten roundup was as fun as Doe and Tracy 's images. Very Long and Very boring. We got the whole, With parent involvement, the kids will succeed and the school can be a flagship." speech. Hello, the parents who showed up are the ones that will be involved. Ugh, I have a headache. They were very smart to have a bookfair during the roundup though.

I have been OP. I did 2 weight circuits and 45 minutes on the glider. I will have a cup of decaf tea and go to bed.

Good night,
Beth

Oh Beth, I hear ya about the school speeches. :rolleyes: With 2 kids in high school, I think I can now recite them by heart. :p You are right, they were "preaching to the choir" last night. Welcome to the world of school. The upside, though, is the fact that you'll be able to buy books for Katie for very reasonable prices! Our teachers always did Scholastic book club with a flyer sent home once a month. With the parents purchasing books cheaply through them, the teachers also got new books for the classroom - a real win-win situation!

Thanks for the update on PG. Let's hope she plays by the rules, because if there IS a next time, she now has a record and the courts will not be so easy on her. :hug: for all the sadness and anxiety this situation has brought you, dear Beth. I admire how you've handled it from Day 1.

I like the new journal title!! I was thinking of something similar - "Beth's Healthy Journey - Bring It On!!". I must admit that I like Tracy's ... suspense! ::yes::

:hug: for your day and extra :hug: :hug: :hug: for your weekend. What's the work schedule like this time around? Rest as often as you can, OK?

I guess I must have missed something this week with all the new journals and titles. :rolleyes: But I do like the title you have chosen Beth!

How is everything else going? Has you food been good this week? I hope you had the chance to rest, as I know weekends are tough for you.

Like Doe said, we will hope that PG plays by the rules, for your sake as well as Katie's. It is just an awful situation that so far she seems intent on making worse. My prayers are with you that the worst is behind you now.

Take a look around at the parents you saw last night, because they will be the same ones you see for the next several years at the school functions. It is sad, but some parents think that they are the only ones with other obligations and that the few of us that do show up have got nothing better to do. :rolleyes: But on the positive side, your daughter will LOVE having you volunteer at school and you will make some great friends with the other parents! :flower:

Have a wonderful Friday and a SMOOTH weekend! ;)

TTFN- Sharon

Hi All,

This will be my last post in this Journal. I start my new journal on Monday. Won saved this one to disk for me, so I can look back on it. It was a really hard decision to start a new one, but it is time to let go of some of the things that have happened in the last year. Reaching my Onederland goal seems like a good place to start and refocus myself.

I copped out this morning and didn't weigh in. I can still wear my rings, so I know I am WAY BLOATED. I will weigh in next week, and hopefully show a loss.

My work schedule this week is 3 12's 7PM-8AM. I am really fatigued with TOM, so it will be a struggle. I have my favorite chicken salad to help me fight the cravings.

Plan for the day.
Went to the y for 40 minutes of cardio.
Take Katie to the library.
NAP!!!
Work!

Meal Plan...
B:Eggs and tea.
L: Salad.
5PM: Cappacino and yougurt.
9PM: String cheese and 1/2 grapefruit.
1AM: Chicken salad and green salad.
7AM: LC toast with peanut butter and decaf tea.

Katie's teachers have informed me that she has invited her entire preschool class to her bday party in May. 22 kids are going to be in my house!!! I will start praying for good weather now, so we can have it in the back yard.

I probably won't make it to journals until Monday.

Have a great weekend and take care,
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter