Stroller for a older kid

Anyone with older kids that still use a stroller? We're going in May with a 5yo and an 8yo. I'm thinking about renting a double. My daughter will be slightly above the weight limit - think it will be okay for a Citi Mini? I could get a single, but oh the fighting over the seat.

My 6.5 year old couldn't fit in the double City Mini with the snack tray down, she was too tall. We ended up just using our single instead for our 2.5 year old. The 6.5 year old survived.

ETA: It was also really unweildy to push because of the difference in weight between the toddler and the big kid.

When my son was aging out of a stroller we took the single Bob and let him ride in front once in a while, or both would ride together in the single seat. It’s a beast of a stroller though.

Anyone with older kids that still use a stroller? We're going in May with a 5yo and an 8yo. I'm thinking about renting a double. My daughter will be slightly above the weight limit - think it will be okay for a Citi Mini? I could get a single, but oh the fighting over the seat.
I have 2 tall boys... when they were 5 and 7 we rented the city mini gt2 double. I found the better wheels to be helpful with the boys being bigger. The next trip they were 6 and just about to turn 8 so we opted to rent a double BOB. We used a double BOB at home when they were younger so I was ok with the size and folding/unfolding for disney transportation. It also pushes like a dream even with heavier kids. The last trip they were 6.5 and 8.5 so we opted for a single BOB and they switched out once in awhile, but the older one was fine. I am one who is nervous to give up the stroller and would much rather have it and not use it much vs wish I had it. We always used orlando stroller rentals and just did pick-up/drop-off at the airport so it was super easy to rent.

They do make strollers designed to easily accommodate older children of that size and weight: just Google "adaptive needs" or "special needs" strollers. (Although designed for children with disabilities, they generally look like a standard stroller -- just scaled to hold a child rather than a baby or toddler.) Amazon sells several models. If he feels that a stroller is too babyish, there are also small portable wheelchair and pushchair designs.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter