Strollers for rent that would fit a 48 inch child?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Does anyone have any experience with the strollers for rent at the popular rental companies, that would fit a 48 inch child with a long torso? The stroller rental places say the strollers fit a 47" or 48" child but the stroller companies themselves say 44", Anyone have any input on this, or experience to share with their own kids? Did your child fit or not fit, how tall were they etc?

We just had a 48 inches in a single baby jogger. In fact she went to the rental store and laid in doubles and singles of different manufacturers and chose this one… they are really too big for all of em but this was the best.

We just had a 48 inches in a single baby jogger. In fact she went to the rental store and laid in doubles and singles of different manufacturers and chose this one… they are really too big for all of em but this was the best.
Do you know which one exactly? Aren't there different ones (Summit, Citi Mini, etc)?

My son is 48" and is 5.5. He just barely fits in the BOB Revolution but his head is trying to poke out of the canopy through the top :laughing:

He will definitely size out this year/early next.

My kiddo is just over 48 inches tall, she did not fit in the double city mini we rented. At least not in any useful way. She was fine walking most of the time....but we did not do open to close.

Baby Jogger Citi Mini GT is your best bet. This really depends on torso height and head height so each child is going to fit differently.
I have been trying to find out the height of the back rest portion of this stroller, for that answer. I cant seem to find it.

We have a trip scheduled for the end of June with my 6yo grandson. He is 48.5" tall and weighs 63 lbs. I have the Citi Mini GT2 stroller and I pulled it out of the shed to see if he would still be able to use it. He hasn't been it in for several years. He has short legs and a longer torso. He is able to fit in the stroller and it is easy to push. However, the sunshade does get in the way a bit. When the sunshade is folded it eats into the headroom. It is not enough for us not to use it, because there is no way I would be able to carry him. He fits just fine with the sunshade down. Now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have a growth spurt.

We have a trip scheduled for the end of June with my 6yo grandson. He is 48.5" tall and weighs 63 lbs. I have the Citi Mini GT2 stroller and I pulled it out of the shed to see if he would still be able to use it. He hasn't been it in for several years. He has short legs and a longer torso. He is able to fit in the stroller and it is easy to push. However, the sunshade does get in the way a bit. When the sunshade is folded it eats into the headroom. It is not enough for us not to use it, because there is no way I would be able to carry him. He fits just fine with the sunshade down. Now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have a growth spurt.
So my child is similar, longer torso. Do you mean he fits. better with the sunshade opened up, or closed behind his head?

He fits. I'm not seeing him this weekend, but I'll try and get a picture the next time he comes over, so you can see for yourself and decide if it works for you.

He fits. I'm not seeing him this weekend, but I'll try and get a picture the next time he comes over, so you can see for yourself and decide if it works for you.

Last edited:
So my child is similar, longer torso. Do you mean he fits. better with the sunshade opened up, or closed behind his head?
I have some pictures. He was being silly, so they aren't the best pictures, but you can get a sense of him inside the stroller. I also included one of him standing, so you can get an idea of his body type. There is plenty of headroom with the canopy down.

Attachments

• IMG_3358 (3).jpg
    IMG_3358 (3).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3355.jpg
    IMG_3355.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 8
I have some pictures. He was being silly, so they aren't the best pictures, but you can get a sense of him inside the stroller. I also included one of him standing, so you can get an idea of his body type. There is plenty of headroom with the canopy down.
Just thinking out loud here……is there a way using Velcro and a few binder clips, you can pull the shade up higher when closed?..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter