• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stuff not on Room Service Menu

lvsatman

Earning My Ears
I know that the Mickey Ice Cream Bars are available from room service, but other than that, is there anything else that room service has that is not on the menu? thanks for the help.

PBJs. We got them from room service early on our Nassau day and took them with us for lunch. Tip I learned on the DIS.

PBJs. We got them from room service early on our Nassau day and took them with us for lunch. Tip I learned on the DIS.

The nice thing about the PBJs is that they are packaged Uncrustables so they are very easy to take on excursions!

new to this..as my first cruise is not for a while but i have been hearing about an all hands on deck cheese platter that is not on the menu..obviuosly havent had it but i will...have fun

new to this..as my first cruise is not for a while but i have been hearing about an all hands on deck cheese platter that is not on the menu..obviuosly havent had it but i will...have fun

The All Hands on Deck cheese plate is on the menu.

OK...so I have a question...on the menu on the right it has package 1-6 are these items free i do not see a price next to them,but dont see how they would be free..do i make any sense..let me know please...and if they are not free where do you find the price of them...thanks

The Packages you are referring to are not free. I can't recall if the room service menu had prices for them on our cruise last month. If not, the person who answers the room service line can tell you the prices.

One night, I wanted to order some sandwiches for me and the kids. I told the lady taking the order that the steak sandwich sounded good, but she said it came with American cheese on it. I told her I didn't really like American cheese, so she asked if I wanted something different. I had it with Swiss cheese and it was delicious! I still won't weigh myself and got back from the cruise almost 2 months ago! Yikes!

I think if there is something you want that is a bit different, they can make it.

We also got soy milk every day, and it was Silk brand in these neat little bottles that I've never seen before. My son had lemonade, and that was no charge.

You can call them and ask what other options are available. It is helpful if you have something in mind!

DS always likes to order grilled cheese sandwhiches. They are triple deckers and he loves them.

As to when can you order the cheese platter--any time after you can get into your room (1:30) they will take orders. Sometimes they are out of something and cannot bring it to you unitl all the deliveries are on the ship. DS has twice been told he was the first call to room sevice (he is generally on that phone at 1:31 getting Mickey Bars:rotfl: )

DS always likes to order grilled cheese sandwhiches. They are triple deckers and he loves them.

As to when can you order the cheese platter--any time after you can get into your room (1:30) they will take orders. Sometimes they are out of something and cannot bring it to you unitl all the deliveries are on the ship. DS has twice been told he was the first call to room sevice (he is generally on that phone at 1:31 getting Mickey Bars:rotfl: )

:lmao: I want to get a bottle of wine and order the cheese platter for our first night in the stateroom before dinner....

Hadley tell Rio he will have a run for his money this time as P loves calling room service and since its free on ship... he said that is where he is getting all his meals LMAO

:lmao: I want to get a bottle of wine and order the cheese platter for our first night in the stateroom before dinner....

You can pre-order the wine from the list of stateroom gifts, and it will be in your cabin when you arrive. Then, all you have to do is order the cheese platter from room service. I have noticed that the amount of cheese and crackers has decreased over the years, so you might want to order two.

Hadley tell Rio he will have a run for his money this time as P loves calling room service and since its free on ship... he said that is where he is getting all his meals LMAO

Tell P to have at it! It is fun. Just be sure you bring plenty of small bills so he can tip;)
One the Transatlantic last May (yes we were on it this time last year and yes I am MISSING it) Rio was allowed to order himself one Mickey Bar per day. He ended up being the only one who ever called room service for over a week. When we made it all the way to Gibralatar (I want to say that was day 10) we were off exploring the town, rock, cave, etc from disembark time unitl 3:00. We couldn'd find anything appealling to eat in town (as we had planned) so with the exception of a few granola bars I had in my pockets we were making it back to the ship at 3:00 having had nothing to eat in about 6 hours and having hiked MILES (truly--we did not use any taxis, etc--which was the right choice for us and we only all wished for one going back to the ship but then oculd not find one). So we were hot, tired and very hungry. Everyone else wanted to head up to deck 9 for chicken fingers, wraps, etc. Rio just wanted to chill in the room and have a grilled cheese and Mickey Bar. He was so tired he asked me to call and order it for him. I call room service and the phone is answered by a sweet lady who immediately says "Good afternoon Mr. Barth are you ready for your Mickey Bar?":rotfl: Hmm, I guess they were expecting him:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter