Success getting FOP FP for first day of trip?

tommorow is my 60 day mark if im up@ 6am coffee loaded on the app @7:00 whats my chances of landing a fp for fop?

I did mine this morning. Up at 4:30am, had two cups of coffee, reviewed my FP+ list, and continually refreshed right before 6am (I’m on CST). I was able to get FOP for 5 on day 60+2 at 4:45pm (earliest time available, but I’ll take it!), and FOP for 5 on 60+6 at 9:30am. You can do it!! Good luck!!

Why is it that waiting for the park to open for an hour and then in a queue for 45 min doesn’t sound bad, but waltzing into the park and then waiting 1:45 sounds like a fate worse than death? Lol

Another option is getting in line right before closing time and waiting in the shortest line of the day. 20-30 minute waits have been reported very recently.

This is a much more efficient use of time than waiting outside the locked gate in the morning.

I keep going over our TP for our 6 Park days and every way that I do it, it keeps making the most sense to go to AK on our first park day (morning after we transfer to SSR from Universal). How much success have you guys had snagging FOP FP at 60 day mark when it’s at the beginning vs end of your trip?
In my experience, it's really not about the first or last (or any other day) of your trip as much it's about the crowd size on any particular day. Lower crowds, could mean more availability. Larger crowds, could mean less availability. ...but also...not necessarily. If there's a lower number of people, but they ALL want FOP...then chances go down. My point is...there's no way of telling until you try ...and try and try again. I, personally, have had good success getting FOP FP. You just have to try. Best of luck to you.

So, I think I’m going to try for my 60+1 day to get the FOP fastpass with a plan b of swapping it to my 60+3 day. I’d rather not have to run to FOP at rope drop on my 60+1 day since it’s projected to have 8am EMH and I have no desire to get to the park at 6:30/6:45.

I was wanting to try for a 12:30 or 1:00 on our second day. I see everyone is getting evening or late afternoon, now I'm not sure if I will be able to. We planned to go to morning EMH then leave after 2:00 or so.

I have gotten FOP at 30 days. I have also NOT gotten FOP at 63 days. It's just luck of the draw I think.

Has anyone had success modifying the time of their FOP FP in the park on the day of (or should I just keep my head down and be thankful that I have one at all)? We have FP's for three in the late afternoon, and I would like to move it up to early afternoon. If not, no big deal.

I booked our FPs today, 60 days out, was on computer at exactly 6am (my time), and got FOP on our second park day at 7:25pm, which was exactly what I wanted. We had planned to do AK on this particular evening to see Pandora at night. I wasn't sure I would be able to get it since its early in our trip, and it's also the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. But it was available.

I also snagged one in the AM for the last day of our trip. I actually booked this one first, based on others suggestions to start with the farthest day out. Once I secured this one, I went back to our second park day and grabbed the evening one.

I did mine this morning. Up at 4:30am, had two cups of coffee, reviewed my FP+ list, and continually refreshed right before 6am (I’m on CST). I was able to get FOP for 5 on day 60+2 at 4:45pm (earliest time available, but I’ll take it!), and FOP for 5 on 60+6 at 9:30am. You can do it!! Good luck!!

See this is something I personally couldn’t do. Simply because it ruins my whole morning of fast passes. I’d end up getting my 3 in the morning then chancing getting the fast pass as I get closer lol

They have extended hours for Animal Kingdom for May 4th. That is the day we plan to go. There were fast passes available for that day as of this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter