• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

[QUOTE="twinprincesses09, post: I know so many people have so much more to worry about than vacations. I'm fortunate(?) to work in healthcare and have still been working these past weeks (my spring break time off didn't happen), on top of trying to help with my kids online learning, so I really need some sort of vacation!!
[/QUOTE]
This! I’m so thankful to be working but it’s so tense at the hospital,we were planning Star Wars in May for 3 years:) dreaming of pool breaks and slinky dog too is keeping me hopeful ☺️

Thank you :-) . Can I ask, what do you love about YC CL, specifically?

Yacht Club is our favorite resort. We usually do a split stay but always "land" at YC. I'm still hopeful that we can get the CL FPs and other CL perks. Even if we can book at 75 days out, I think it would still be worth it!

Much of our love is YC as a resort itself - so sounds like you're already there on that part. :-)

CL is just a fun/convenient add on. Most of the CMs at the desks and in the lounge are warm and friendly (although sometimes you get some grumps, just like anywhere in the service industry). We save a ton on breakfasts and having that morning cup of coffee ready/just steps away is just such a nice convenience (admittedly, an expensive convenience). We enjoy a beverage or two in our comings and goings, so that part is nice. For evening apps, YC CL ranks high on our list of best / most abundant options relative to the other CLs. While they aren't a meal substitute, we'll often eat a bigger lunch out somewhere and are totally find with light bites to end the day. Olaf Bars in the freezer all day don't hurt either.

We do have some trips where we find ourselves out/about more than not and aren't really around enough to take any advantage of the lounge, which admittedly end up being kind of a waste (if I'm being honest).

Not going to lie (and I'm sorry to drift negative here) - I do worry about the state of CL in the eventual post COVID era. I've seen the quality/quantity of lounge offerings ebb/flow over time during other periods of budget cuts, I doubt CL will be immune. Some fear the whole lounge experience will be overhauled given the shared / buffet food service environment. It's not good energy going down too many "what if" rabbit holes as it's just speculation, but is something that has been on my mind.

But so long as they keep breakfast, coffee/espresso machine, beer, and wine, I'm still game. :goodvibes

We were booked for a short trip for spring break, but of course that got canceled. So we rescheduled for Aug 8-13 at AKL with the free dining deal. Then, the flights for our Grand Cayman trip in June got canceled, and we rescheduled Grand Cayman for August 8-16. So, I scheduled another Disney trip for those dates in June (June 8-13) we were originally suppose to go to Grand Cayman. Now I have Disney trips in June and August, and Grand Cayman in August. I'm hoping to get to go on at least 1! I don't think Grand Cayman will be open by August, and I feel Disney has a better chance of having more things open by August, so we will probably end up at Disney in August. However, I'm still hoping for a trip to Disney in June (we really just want to do a few of the after hours events, though) and Grand Cayman in August. I know so many people have so much more to worry about than vacations. I'm fortunate(?) to work in healthcare and have still been working these past weeks (my spring break time off didn't happen), on top of trying to help with my kids online learning, so I really need some sort of vacation!!
I hear ya on that! I’m a nurse, working ICU, and my husband is a captain in the fire dept so he is also essential! Our two girls are digitally learning and most days feel like a blur. I am grateful to still be working, so I try not to complain . Some days, the exhaustion and stress get the best of me ! Hopefully we both get our “vacation”! Good Luck out there

We are still booked May 27 through June. I know it’s a long shot, but I just can’t cancel. We have great ADRs and fast passes so I didn’t want to change it for later in June/July and our schedule doesn’t really allow us to go later. That means we would be at least another year. We just booked a beach getaway mid-June in case Disney falls through. Flights are super cheap, but hubby still thought I should cancel the Disney flights to fund the beach trip flights. I actually started tearing up. Pretty sure he thinks I’m crazy, but I know you will all understand. I just can’t cancel on my Happy Place.
I hear you on the great fastpasses and dining! We go very often, usually just DH and I and I am not a big planner. I do plan a bit more when the kids are coming and everything fell into place perfectly for our May 21-25 trip! We still have June and July if May can't happen but ugh, May just looks so GOOD!

I feel that - I'm also an AP holder but from NJ. Luckily we live close to a major airport that has flights to MCO multiple times a day across multiple airlines, so we have "easy" access.
NY AP holders here and we do fly from a major NJ airport often :) We have about 6 airports to choose from so it made it easy to have back up trips x3 booked!

Also really enjoying this positive thread!

I will join you. I have a super quick trip planned for the end of July with a friend, however, I have no idea if it will happen or not. It is partly because it is planned to be after a convention in NC we have & have no idea if that will still happen. So many possible obstacles but until I hear otherwise -- we are still planning everything as if we are going.

I have a trip planned 7/13-7/17 (a rescheduled May trip). If it's open (and if NYers don't need to quarantine when they fly into Florida), I'm going. I'm mentally prepared to cancel if I need to, but I'm optimistic. Less optimistic about how I'll handle the heat - it's been a looooong time since I've been to Florida in the summer months.

Much of our love is YC as a resort itself - so sounds like you're already there on that part. :-)

CL is just a fun/convenient add on. Most of the CMs at the desks and in the lounge are warm and friendly (although sometimes you get some grumps, just like anywhere in the service industry). We save a ton on breakfasts and having that morning cup of coffee ready/just steps away is just such a nice convenience (admittedly, an expensive convenience). We enjoy a beverage or two in our comings and goings, so that part is nice. For evening apps, YC CL ranks high on our list of best / most abundant options relative to the other CLs. While they aren't a meal substitute, we'll often eat a bigger lunch out somewhere and are totally find with light bites to end the day. Olaf Bars in the freezer all day don't hurt either.

We do have some trips where we find ourselves out/about more than not and aren't really around enough to take any advantage of the lounge, which admittedly end up being kind of a waste (if I'm being honest).

Not going to lie (and I'm sorry to drift negative here) - I do worry about the state of CL in the eventual post COVID era. I've seen the quality/quantity of lounge offerings ebb/flow over time during other periods of budget cuts, I doubt CL will be immune. Some fear the whole lounge experience will be overhauled given the shared / buffet food service environment. It's not good energy going down too many "what if" rabbit holes as it's just speculation, but is something that has been on my mind.

But so long as they keep breakfast, coffee/espresso machine, beer, and wine, I'm still game. :goodvibes
I am right there with you! We LOVE the YC. The theming, remodeled rooms, food & drink options and of course, the LOCATION! We are big DHS fans so the YCs proximity to the park is a dream to us. We also love ending the night in EPCOT.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the possible future state of CL. The planner in me is having a very hard time dealing with the "unknown." We booked CL mostly for the FP option, so the other perks were just a bonus. But like you said, if they still serve coffee, espresso, soda, wine and beer, - I'm still in!
Our 90 day was Saturday. I'm still hoping DSS will come back in the next two weeks!

At this point, I'm also considering doing a VIP Tour instead of relying on CLFPs, but I still need DSS to be able to book that! :P

July 5th here. I think it will get cancelled, but holding onto hope. Really want to snag a long weekend trip when things open up.

We are heading (i hope) to Vero Beach for a week long retirement celebration for my MIL who has been a teacher for over 40 years.

I'm holding out hope because it's an offsite resort with less capacity than WDW.

August 16-21 at Coronado with my two youngest sons (will be 14 and 16 by then.)

The main reason for our trip was to go to MNSSHP, and I had already bought tickets when all this started getting bad/closures.
With their school schedule and other obligations we have, we won't be able to go in September or October so mid August is our only opportunity to do the Halloween party. I was so excited they had party dates that early, I hope we will be able to go.

We were to go on a cruise leaving June 12, but are flying down June 10 and have a reservation to stay at Pop June 10-12. Well, the cruise got canceled but not our flights. We hadn’t planned on parks for that short visit, were just going to have pool time, ride the slyliner, eat lots and go to Disney Springs. Well, since we still have our flights, if WDW does open by then, I think I’ll extend our stay and just do MK for a day. Might also head over to cocoa beach and Kennedy Space Center for a day or 2. I’m such a planner that being in limbo like this sucks!!

I've posted in other threads, so I apologize to those who are getting me again. :)
Rescheduled from March to June 9-17. Also have back up August 11-19th.
I am just thrilled to have this thread which is for us with slivers of hope and NO negativity! 🙅‍♀️So exhausted by the doom and gloom crowds. I just want a thread that allows us to feel a bit of excitement for Disney still, even if it ends up a dream. :tink:

I was supposed to take my “honorary niece” (I’ve been her babysitter/nanny since she was one) last week. Moved that to June 23-27 at BLT...we’ll see about that one.
Also have a trip planned for August 26-September 2 that was moved from May at All Star Movies/BLT. I’m really hoping for that one, especially since I have to take the bar exam and start work later in September.

I am just thrilled to have this thread which is for us with slivers of hope and NO negativity! 🙅‍♀️So exhausted by the doom and gloom crowds. I just want a thread that allows us to feel a bit of excitement for Disney still, even if it ends up a dream. :tink:

Completely agree! Thank you @e_yerger for starting this thread so we can all be hopeful together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter