• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

We book our FP's a week from today. In a weird way I'm happy for quarantine on this day only because I'm a teacher on the West Coast. That 3:30 wake up call and 4 am booking had me looking for a sub for that day just a couple months ago!
This was me mid march :) I got up at 2:45 am Alaska time and booked everything on a Monday before worko_O This time it will be a Saturday FP window :)

We are scheduled July 30 to August 5 at disney and August 5-8 at universal. We have tickets already for H2O glow night at Typhoon lagoon so I hope the water parks are open! This was our new thing for this trip. We have done 1 trip in June (2012) and 4 trips in November since then. We said never again for summer but here we are booked for July. :rotfl2:I just didn't want to pull the kids out of school at the age they are. We're booked at Animal kingdom lodge which I am really excited about too!

Who knows if we're supposed to believe Internet experts so not sure what to make of the water parks - but for whatever it is worth, we did the H20 Glow Party two years ago and it was tons of fun. It ended up raining on us the whole night and ironically we were FREEZING to death in mid July in Central Florida, but it was still a lot of fun. Been trying to find a time to go again someday.

Hope things work out for your trip!

Paid off our Memorial Day reservation today :thumbsup2 Not sure if I said we were staying at the Beach Club which we were, but I totally forgot I'd booked at the Poly with my discount until I got the reminder email today :rolleyes: I know I know, you're all like, "how does she forget she booked a resort???" but because of my job and the discount we get I book and then need to wait a week or so to get approved so in the meantime I usually book with a regular AP discount and in this case it just slipped my mind I had the "other" non AP reservation.....long story short we'll be at the Poly Memorial weekend-in theory- until and unless it gets cancelled.

I also had IT put a FP key card in my account to extend my AP to cover FP's for our June dates AND booked our September flights! Fun making more plans, now just need the parks to open pixiedust:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...ce-begins-looking-a-specifics/?outputType=ampI posted this on another thread but I thought it was a pretty good article about Florida’s reopening plans.
I would try to like to keep the information in this thread coming exclusively from Disney. Any information from this article would only be speculation for what Disney would do.

I will try to post updates about direct information from Disney regarding park openings & procedures.

We were originally booked 5/28 - 6/2 at Riviera using rented points. Decided not to make the final payments on the points since we weren't sure the parks would be open and I would rather lose half my money than all my money. Rescheduled 8/7 - 8/12 club level at BWI. I am really hoping DSS opens in time for us to take advantage of extra fast passes.

What are your touring plans looking like this summer? So far we only have dining planned! View attachment 489588
View attachment 489589
My husband tells people that he feels I like planning Disney vacation more than going but as this is my third time making plans I am starting to get tired of making reservations. So this go around we have booked our traditional arrival OHana dinner, the fireworks dessert party (hoping for more space), and my son has an appointment at Savi’s workshop to build a lightsaber. The rest we have decided to play it my ear. The only other thing we might add is the H2O party but we will decide that closer to go time.

We have a free dining trip scheduled that we booked back in January from 7/6 - 7/11 at Port Orleans Riverside. We are really hopeful that it will happen, as we will likely have to do a Thanksgiving week trip if we are forced to reschedule. Not particularly a fan of crowded holiday weeks but will make the best of it if it comes to that.

I would try to like to keep the information in this thread coming exclusively from Disney. Any information from this article would only be speculation for what Disney would do.

I will try to post updates about direct information from Disney regarding park openings & procedures.
If you read it you would know it’s not speculative. It’s about the task force which the president of wdw happens to be a part of. Isn’t there already a sticky with Disney’s nonexistent updates.

If you read it you would know it’s not speculative. It’s about the task force which the president of wdw happens to be a part of. Isn’t there already a sticky with Disney’s nonexistent updates.
I did read the article, and while the president of WDW is on the task force, there has been no direct informational release from Disney saying “the parks will open this day”.

This thread is for people who have hopes about their Summer vacations. There are plenty other threads on the boards to discuss news like this.

edit: typo

My husband tells people that he feels I like planning Disney vacation more than going but as this is my third time making plans I am starting to get tired of making reservations. So this go around we have booked our traditional arrival OHana dinner, the fireworks dessert party (hoping for more space), and my son has an appointment at Savi’s workshop to build a lightsaber. The rest we have decided to play it my ear. The only other thing we might add is the H2O party but we will decide that closer to go time.
Savi’s is true magic!!! Love it!!

We have a free dining trip scheduled that we booked back in January from 7/6 - 7/11 at Port Orleans Riverside. We are really hopeful that it will happen, as we will likely have to do a Thanksgiving week trip if we are forced to reschedule. Not particularly a fan of crowded holiday weeks but will make the best of it if it comes to that.
I’ve never been around Thanksgiving, but I have done Labor Day, Memorial Day & Presidents weekends. All were really enjoyable and a blast!

I did read the article, and while the president of WDW is on the task force, there has been no direct informational release from Disney saying “the parks will open this day”.

This thread is for people who have hopes about their Summer vacations. There are plenty other threads on the boards to discuss news like this.

edit: typo
I do have a trip booked this Summer. Two of them actually. Good luck getting news out of Disney. Those of us with cruises booked have only found out it's going to be canceled from news sources with CDC announcements and government bans. Disney is still selling cruises that won't be allowed to sail.
Not to be snarky, but there's no rules for this thread.

I think a couple of people found it informative. If you didn't you could just ignore it and move on.

I do have a trip booked this Summer. Two of them actually. Good luck getting news out of Disney. Those of us with cruises booked have only found out it's going to be canceled from news sources with CDC announcements and government bans. Disney is still selling cruises that won't be allowed to sail.
Not to be snarky, but there's no rules for this thread.

I think a couple of people found it informative. If you didn't you could just ignore it and move on.
Listen, I get it. Any news is some news.

But I made this thread as a positive escape to hold on to hope & the joys if planning a vacation. So I’d rather the news shared only be news directly from Disney.

I didn’t mean to come off defensive in any way, but I‘m afraid of this thread turning into the other ones that exist out there:sad2:

Listen, I get it. Any news is some news.

But I made this thread as a positive escape to hold on to hope & the joys if planning a vacation. So I’d rather the news shared only be news directly from Disney.

I didn’t mean to come off defensive in any way, but I‘m afraid of this thread turning into the other ones that exist out there:sad2:
I'll respect your wishes. I found the article positive and it gave me some hope that WDW may open in the 2 months.

We were booked on a DCL cruise for May with a short resort stay at the Boardwalk before the cruise to give us the opportunity to visit Galaxy's Edge. Our cruise was cancelled and we decided to convert our vacation to a WDW trip for August with the free dining offer. Now we'll be staying at the Contemporary. It'll be our son's first WDW trip at a little under a year old! The cruise would have been easier with a baby that needs to take a couple of naps a day but we are determined to make a trip to the world work for us. Now we just need to hope it's open.

We were booked on a DCL cruise for May with a short resort stay at the Boardwalk before the cruise to give us the opportunity to visit Galaxy's Edge. Our cruise was cancelled and we decided to convert our vacation to a WDW trip for August with the free dining offer. Now we'll be staying at the Contemporary. It'll be our son's first WDW trip at a little under a year old! The cruise would have been easier with a baby that needs to take a couple of naps a day but we are determined to make a trip to the world work for us. Now we just need to hope it's open.
Luckily being so close to MK will help with taking breaks and naps!! 🥰

What are your touring plans looking like this summer? So far we only have dining planned! View attachment 489588
View attachment 489589
I had our April trip all planned out...now so far for June I know we're doing AK, MK, rest/pool day, HS. FP day is Friday. I do have BBB booked for our MK day and Chef Mickey's since my niece loves Pluto (not sure what's going to be the situation with buffets though).

So we want in on the magic. We have a graduation trip booked in late May that isn't quite cancelled yet. I would love to see Disney open and be able to go!! Joining with you guys on a hopefully positive thread!
I hope you and I can both be there late May! DS should be graduating in late June; we do have a July trip which was technically partially a graduation trip but between missing his 18th birthday cruise this month, prom, and graduation probably I would love for 2 of our 3 trips to materialize!
We arrive 7/3 so I want you to have your July trip BUT! I will say that Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite time to go to WDW :love: We've done it a few times and find it less crowded than spring break and not nearly as "bad" as it's thought to be. Such a fun holiday vibe, great weather, a fair amount of the deluxe resorts are decorated already for the holidays! If you do end up going that time I think you'll enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter