Summer 2023 release date?

I would like to see, just for this one time:
3 days platinum sign up,
3 days gold sign up,
3 days silver sign up
and then general public.
Two reasons:
1) the phone lines aren’t impressing anyone.
2) there is a 72 hour hold on any reservation. So a platinum hold that does not followed through with payment by 72 hours is released to the general public and unavailable bypassing gold and silver clients. Thereby making a convented cabin available only if released. Some will do that right away, but some just will let it ride especially with this phone fiasco going on.

It was my understanding, 3 days was given so that a person could send in a check to pay for their cruise deposit initially. But how many TAs make reservations according to their clients wishes, where the client selects several and narrows it down to one or two later? Key rooms gone and now you have to check back to see if a better/your initial request is available. This is more of an issue on higher volume sailings such as holidays and summer.

There’s no way the postal system would get anything sent in time now anymore.

I booked a Dis land trip with Costco and saved $1500 (with car too). Last DCL, I liked the ease of thru Disney. I thought Costco savings only a $200 Costco card? What advantages thru Costco? Why would you need to keep calling them?
The amount of the card depends on the trip value so for a more expensive cruise it is worth a lot. Our last one was 700 Canadian.

Honestly if you aren’t the time to want to make a lot of big changes (like switching staterooms etc) it’s worth it. I’ve never needed to spend a lot of time on the phone with them and even last year when we were moving our 2021 to 2022 and transferring our WBPC 40 percent discount they didn’t leave us on hold while calling Disney but just called us back once complete.

There is obviously a tradeoff when booking thru Costco and may not be worth it for everyone. I haven't seen anyone mentioned this yet on this thread. For executive members, the base cost of the cruise counts towards the 2% rebate on purchases. Thus, it's a bit more discount than just the typical several hundreds dollars worth in Cash card.

LAX

There is obviously a tradeoff when booking thru Costco and may not be worth it for everyone. I haven't seen anyone mentioned this yet on this thread. For executive members, the base cost of the cruise counts towards the 2% rebate on purchases. Thus, it's a bit more discount than just the typical several hundreds dollars worth in Cash card.

LAX
And use the Citibank Costco VISA for another 3%.

Are the 2022 prices for Alaska pretty close to what they always are (estimating for next year) or are they higher to look at now because summer is so close?

For some reason I see staterooms available on costco's travel site but not on the DCL site, very strange.

Also, is it normal to have to pay a cruise in full if its during the holidays? I'm trying to get through checkout with costco to book the Wish for New Years and it keeps saying I have to enter an amount greater than what I have there currently (the deposit)

No, I've never had to pay in full for a holiday sailing and we've sailed over NYE several times. What staterooms can you see on the Costco site?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter