• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer 2023 release date?

I looked up the cruise schedule at the Port of Miami for May 2023 and right now the Dream is listed to be there on May 4th, 2023 but no other date....I wonder if that could possibly be the day she starts the EBTA? No other DCL ships are listed in May at all on CruiseMapper.com as of now.

Of course who knows what will actually happen. hahaha

Last edited:
I looked up the cruise schedule at the Port of Miami for May 2023 and right now the Dream is listed to be there on May 4th, 2023 but no other date....I wonder if that could possibly be the day she starts the EBTA? No other DCL ships are listed in May at all on CruiseMapper.com as of now.

Of course who knows what will actually happen. hahaha
Cruise Mapper doesn't get any info from ports. They construct their port schedules based on the sailings that each cruise line has available for sale online. So the reason they show only one Dream call at Miami in May is that the last Miami cruise Disney has posted is a 5 night leaving on April 29th and returning to Miami on May 4th. That could be the last cruise before the EBTA, or there could be one or two more and there's no way for us to know at this point.

However, it is pretty clear that the Dream will be leaving for Europe sometime around then, and the general fleet deployment pattern for Summer 2023 should be pretty similar to 2022 except with the Magic and Dream swapped.

Well, let's see when these are released. Since they are having so many issues with the website right now obviously new itineraries won't be released til those are all fixed :rolleyes:

I wonder if the situation in Russia is impacting the release at all. The Baltic cruises usually stop in St Petersburg, but I don’t know if they would want to make that announcement right now with so many companies pulling out of Russia altogether.

Definitely website issues right now, can't release summer itineraries.

Called at 9 AM opening bell today. 5 hour and 45 minute wait.

That is up from the 3+ hour wait yesterday morning.

I wonder if the situation in Russia is impacting the release at all. The Baltic cruises usually stop in St Petersburg, but I don’t know if they would want to make that announcement right now with so many companies pulling out of Russia altogether.
I believe they announced they pulled out of St Petersburg on March 2.

I am new to cruises.. we did a 3 day in Feb and have one planned for next January on Wish..but we would love to do a Panama Canal cruise with DCL. Does anyone know if they are a future possibility? I didn't see any currently available to book.

I am new to cruises.. we did a 3 day in Feb and have one planned for next January on Wish..but we would love to do a Panama Canal cruise with DCL. Does anyone know if they are a future possibility? I didn't see any currently available to book.

They have had them twice a year - once each way - for the Wonder. But if the Wonder is going to stay on the West Coast, they may not have any for a while. I know they are pricey for the cruiselines with the fees that have to be paid to transit - which is why it took so long to get the Wonder back to the East Coast when the shutdown happened. They were waiting it out at first to see if it wasn't going to last that long and the Alaska season could happen.

Looks like next year, Magic won't be in Europe, Dream will, based on what people are finding on the port schedules.

Interesting. I thought part of the agreement with Miami and Port Everglades was that there would be a ship there full-time.

So do you think that they are going to have both the Dream and the Magic in Europe?

No clue. I didn't know that the Dream is scheduled over there because I have other things to do than scour potential port listings.

I was under the impression that part of them getting the berth at Miami and/or Port Everglades was that they would put a ship there full-time.

Moving the Dream to Europe will limit the ports they can visit to a degree - larger ships can't get into some of the smaller ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter