Summer Hours Almost Over

CoasterFEV

Mouseketeer
FYI:

Saturday, August 11th, 2001 will be the last day of:

10pm closes (Both IOA and USF will close at 8pm daily starting Sunday August 12th)

Xtreme Xventure

and the nightly fireworks at both parks

CoasterFev thanks for the heads up on the park hours change. I have a question...can you confirm if the parks will stay open later on the labor day weekend? I read IOA stays open till 9P on that sat and sunday. I sure hope thats true! I wanna see the park at dark! Thank you

Oh one more question...will there be any fireworks that weekend?

Weren't the fireworks originally scheduled to finish on August 18th? i'll miss 'em now :(
(Oh well I probably wouldn't have been able to see them from the bar of the HRH anyway!)

I just checked a little while ago and saw the parks would be open until 9 pm and also fireworks untill the 18th. When did they chenge the hours that were originally posted?

I am so, so mad! I know it was first published that the park would close at 9 and have fireworks till the 18th, I just went and looked and now it says 8. Also have to pay to park since we booked. I wonder what other surprises await. I know I'll not be able to use my Lowes Xmas card, since this is our first trip there and giving up DW I can tell you it will probably be our last!

I am not thrilled at all about how early the park closes. Why would they close so early in August?...it is STILL summer...and there are many of us with kids still on summer vacation...and that's when we can take our trips. FALL doesn't start untill late Septemeber!

Thank Goodness we'll have front of the line!! Does anyone know why they close so early...and so early so soon?

Thanx,

We are going in August too. I didnt want to pull my daughter out of school again this year for our vacation and I didnt want to go during school vacation. As far as i know, the kids in Florida go back to school Aug 13 or Aug 20. Thats probably why they close the parks early. Does the attendance at the parks go down at this time???

Thanks

Patty

All of Central Florida (and alot of the rest of Florida) schools start on August 13th - some even start on August 5th. So, even though there will still be alot of tourists visiting from the North - there will be almost no "locals" visiting the parks. In other words, the crowds won't be near as bad as this month.

Also - keep an eye on the web site for operating hours. I am almost certain both parks will be going back to 6pm closings on weekdays starting Monday, August 20th

OH MY>>>>6PM?????

I think that is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

Will they offer a reduced park entry rate for the reduced park hours?

Great.....so what I thought was till 10 is now gonna be 6pm. That ruins the plan to go back to the hotel in the middle of the day for lunch and a swim.....and i'm not pleased about that. What are WDW hours in August?

The Magic Kingdom is open, according to hours posted on web site, until 10:00 with parade and fireworks through August 25th!

A visit today to the universal website had the hours for Aug 25-30th, as 9-7 pm...

does anyone remember the early 7:00 am opening time for multi-day and onsite hotel guest late last year. does anyone remember when they started this?????? they really did not advertise this except to the on site hotel guests who had multi-day passes. annual pass holders could get in at 7:00 but to find out about it you had to call and ask. :confused:

9 to 6 in that heat???? We arrive August 24. No thanks! We have annual passes, but we are bringing a friend with us. Now I'll have to rethink purchasing the Universal tickets for her and even going at all since we would only want to go early in the morning and wouldn't be able to return in the evening. A two-day or three-day ticket you can only use for half days doesn't make fiscal sense. I never thought I would say it, but Universal isn't looking good right now compared to Disney. They at least have ONE park open until 9 each night no matter what.

Katherine

I can put up with missing the fireworks. I can accept 8:00 closing.
But 6:00? Thats just ridiculous.
Coasterfev, Earl, please pass this on to your bosses at universal....
:p (raspberry sound)

I agree, pass it on.

School in South Florida doesn't start until August 27th.

That's right, the kids start 1 week before labor day, go 1 week, then get the Monday off, it's always been that way.

The park should run full hours until Labor Day September 3rd.

If attendance does drop off a little, then that's the bonus for those flying in to visit. They deserve a break from the crowds.

What irks me is that IOA is doing all these things with Express Pass to handle the crowds, yet they take away the one thing that will help the most right now, TIME.

It was simply a business decision. Cost vs. revenue. It is very expensive to operate the park with the decreased number of vacationers this year. Every business in the industry is reacting to this, some better than others.

I'll be arriving on the 16th. I had thought that we would buy annual tickets as we intend to return in 2002, but if the parks close at 6pm I may re-consider this. Does anyone know an email address for Guest Services at Universal so that I can express my concern at these reduced opening hours. It may well be sensible for Universal (and Disney, who are doing the same) to reduce their opening hours, but they should be made aware that many people will be upset by this decision. I really hope that the parks don't close at 6pm...

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter