Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has your guide told you if there will be any changes or additions to incentives in July?
He mentioned the standard disclaimer that they (DVC /DVD) have the right to modify offers at any time, but he didn’t expect much to change during the offer period.

Reactions: RnP
Has anyone gotten any swag for adding on direct at VGF during this promotion?
We purchased on site with a guide at the Grand Floridian and I asked if they had any “free” items for purchasing a contract. We are existing members, not new members. He gave us 2 Grand Floridian pins, 2 rice krispy lollipop treats (for my kids), a gold dvc magnet, a Grand Floridian “print” (it was more like a glossy marketing piece than the Riviera or VDH one is), 2 DVC string backpacks, and 2 of the coveted world’s most expensive original DVC backpacks. He also offered us the sliders which we already had, the Riviera and VDH prints which we already had. Was very generous! :)

We did not receive the water bottle or cooling towel or an official membership certificate, but we may still get a certificate or something in the mail?

Note: Attached pic of Grand Floridian print is not my picture, just an example of what it looks like.

Attachments

• 4AFB970E-DE22-47E1-B312-57205FE4B4BD.jpeg
    4AFB970E-DE22-47E1-B312-57205FE4B4BD.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5549.png
    IMG_5549.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
We purchased on site with a guide at the Grand Floridian and I asked if they had any “free” items for purchasing a contract. We are existing members, not new members. He gave us 2 Grand Floridian pins, 2 rice krispy lollipop treats (for my kids), a gold dvc magnet, a Grand Floridian “print” (it was more like a glossy marketing piece than the Riviera or VDH one is), 2 DVC string backpacks, and 2 of the coveted world’s most expensive original DVC backpacks. He also offered us the sliders which we already had, the Riviera and VDH prints which we already had. Was very generous! :)

We did not receive the water bottle or cooling towel or an official membership certificate, but we may still get a certificate or something in the mail?

Note: Attached pic of Grand Floridian print is not my picture, just an example of what it looks like.
Cris? He was practically throwing DVC merch at us. I like his style.

Cris? He was practically throwing DVC merch at us. I like his style.

No, it was Jose - just happened to be the person that was at the Epcot DVC Lounge, I asked him about the promotions and he setup an in person meeting at GFV later in the week with me. I'm not sure if I was supposed to ask for my assigned guide, but my assigned guide hardly ever reaches out to me - so I didn't feel like I owed him anything.

Hi. Each owner on the deed. Oh and there was a certificate in each box for each person on the deed. It included the membership year.

I had a contract with my dad from 1998. I did a new membership and contract with my husband this time.

They must have started skimping on that because we just got one box like you described following out first direct purchase and the certificate was for "The _________ Family".

Maybe we'll get another for our most recent VGF direct purchase? It's under a different use year so not the same account number. I won't hold my breath, but it will be nice to have one for each of us.

I can confirm we did get another one of these $25K-$30K water bottles and colling towels as a gift for our second direct purchase. Also addressed to the "Family".

Not sure if they would have sent another if it was in the same account that already was a DVC-Y member.

Probably the most expensive water bottles I ever got... totally fitting they are gold plated!

IMG_3116.jpg

Well, we added on yet again :oops: at VGF this week after taking the plunge just last month. The latest incentives were too good to pass up. Had contemplated adding some SSR points via resale instead, but after weighing costs with incentives, the additional length of time on the contract, it just made sense to do VGF again even with the more costly upfront expenses. I may need to tell our guide to stop taking my calls/emails after this 🤣

Well, we added on yet again :oops: at VGF this week after taking the plunge just last month. The latest incentives were too good to pass up. Had contemplated adding some SSR points via resale instead, but after weighing costs with incentives, the additional length of time on the contract, it just made sense to do VGF again even with the more costly upfront expenses. I may need to tell our guide to stop taking my calls/emails after this 🤣
Did you have the option to pick your Use Month? Our guide is telling us Dec or Feb are the only available options for VGF, but I find that hard to believe.

Did you have the option to pick your Use Month? Our guide is telling us Dec or Feb are the only available options for VGF, but I find that hard to believe.
If you tell them you won't buy otherwise they'll prob change their mind real quick lol. Or tell them you'll try the dreaded resale market instead lmao

Edit: I had originally told our guide we like to travel in May.. and then she put us in a June UY anyways which obviously wasn’t ideal. During the 10 day period to cancel I told her I wanted to change it and she swapped it to an April UY reluctantly but I’m glad we did.

If you tell them you won't buy otherwise they'll prob change their mind real quick lol. Or tell them you'll try the dreaded resale market instead lmao

Edit: I had originally told our guide we like to travel in May.. and then she put us in a June UY anyways which obviously wasn’t ideal. During the 10 day period to cancel I told her I wanted to change it and she swapped it to an April UY reluctantly but I’m glad we did.
Good to know, thank you! At some point, these months will have sold out, but feel like given the incentives, they are trying to hold onto maybe the most popular months for later sales and stick me with February.

Good to know, thank you! At some point, these months will have sold out, but feel like given the incentives, they are trying to hold onto maybe the most popular months for later sales and stick me with February.
You could always purchase a small resale contract in the UY you want and force them to match the resale UY. In general it’s better to purchase the resale contract first anyways so you get better incentives.

Could also tell them you have a resale contract in ROFR in the UY you want although not sure if that would work.

Last edited:
We have a September use year for all other contracts so I said we wanted to do that again. When I mentioned we were just thinking about adding, he said for September to decide “like soon”. So I’m guessing there’s either not much points left for other use years for them to tell you Dec or Feb. We do have December UY also and travel 95% between Dec and May so it also works for us too.

I added-on VGF 2 weeks ago. Existing contracts are all October UY, and there wasn't any question or discussion about the UY for the new contract. Our guide setup our VGF with an October UY to match. When originally buying into DVC a couple of years ago, I made sure to do my homework before buying, and Oct UY works best for our travel plans where we try to avoid the hottest times of the year.

I have no idea how flexible or inflexible they are with your guide telling you that only Feb & Dec are available. That definitely sounds strange. I thought that resale contracts are locked into their UY, but buying direct from DVD let you have your choice of UY.

We already owned at BCV with a August use year. and when we called to get 150 pts at VGF he just automatically made it August for us. We bought a few weeks ago.

We already owned at BCV with a August use year. and when we called to get 150 pts at VGF he just automatically made it August for us. We bought a few weeks ago.

If you already have one, they will match it unless you push for a different one.

For new buyers, they will always push one they want to sell and you have to push back if you want a different one. Never heard of anyone not getting what they want.

If you already have one, they will match it unless you push for a different one.

For new buyers, they will always push one they want to sell and you have to push back if you want a different one. Never heard of anyone not getting what they want.
Ahhh ok . Thank you wasn't sure how that worked

You could always purchase a small resale contract in the UY you want and force them to match the resale UY. In general it’s better to purchase the resale contract first anyways so you get better incentives.

Could also tell them you have a resale contract in ROFR in the UY you want although not sure if that would work.
That’s exactly what I did. Got a good deal on a resale BLT contract, then added Riviera as soon as we closed on the BLT contact and were still waiting for our points. We got the direct points at the member discount and told the guide I needed it to match the March use year.

Not sure if this merits a new thread (or maybe not even a post)....

Our VGF right to rescind expired earlier this week but we just received additional forms to fill out with a notice saying the purchase cannot be finalized without those forms. So basically - extra chance to back out! Not something you often get in the timeshare industry...

The forms are affidavits related to the recently passed FL law limiting Chinese land ownership in the state. The law takes effect July 1. I suspect anyone purchasing a deed in FL going forward will get that affidavit as part of the paperwork.

Last edited:
Does anyone think the incentives on VGF and/or RIV will be better towards the end of the resorts selling out and/or right before Poly2 goes on sale?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter