Summertime and Disneyland….Oo-De-Lally!!

Absolutely! You have to go to the Pantina Group Website since they are who owns the restaurants. Here is the link for the birthday sign up

http://www.patinagroup.com/joinus.php

if for some reason it does not work just go to their website and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on sign up for mailing list and it will bring you to the birthday page and follow the instructions. We chose CA as our state since that is where we would be using the coupons. Also I know that if you are going to WDW that Via Napoli is not included with the deal. I think most of their restaurants are but some are not so look for the small print. You also have to choose where you are planning on using the coupon and then you have to print it up. Hope this helps!

Thanks! Just signed up. Did I have to list CA as my state? I listed AZ... I guess we'll see!

The breakfast looked good.
Oh my! The line behind you.
Good for you standing your ground with the line cheaters. You did well.
Nice ride pics.
Good you got FP’s for a good time.
LOL. The pic of you holding on to the ropes or netting.
Nice pics under the sea.
Is the preshow for Soarin’ the same as WDW?
You have to try the front row. It is so much better and fun.
You get excited for the upstairs because it is the penthouse. LOL
I agree Riverwalk is awesome.
The food looked good.
Nemo looks so different drained.
The video of her driving was funny.
Dole whips look delicious.
That was a lot of food and a great price.
He was definitely talented on that flamingo. Hysterical.
Looked like a good night so far.

Loved the update. I am trying to update my PTR with our Disneyland trip from end of July before we leave for our WDW trip in 19 days.
Yay for Disney trips! I hope you have a blast!!!
My kids couldn't remember the Monsters, Inc. ride, so we went on it again. They then understood why they couldn't remember it.
Yeah it was just kind of meh
We also rode the Zephyr. My 10 year old really wanted to go on it. I really hate rides that suspend you on wires and "fly" you over water. If I had my way, I would have made her sit closest to the opening.
lol yeah it was pretty scary at night too!
Your dinner looks like it was a fun time. We ended up going to Rainforest Cafe for the first time. It was good.
The meal was good for the price we paid. If I did not have the coupon we would have probably not gone out of our way to eat there. The Rainforest however is a family fav!
Hope you get to ride Tower of Terror. My older 2 ride it, but my youngest doesn't and neither do I. We finally got my youngest (10 yrs) to ride Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain and she loved it. She still wasn't ready for Screamin' or Tower of Terror. We will see if I can talk her into it at DHS. She really wants a Vera Bradley bag for dance, so I told her if she rode both Rock 'n' Roller coaster and Tower of Terror I would buy her one. I am not ashamed of bribing my kids when needed (plus I was planning on buying her one anyway, so figured I might as well see what I could get her to do).
lol we do the same thing with our kids too! It's more of a reward for being brave. That's how we look at it anyways!
I hope you have a great trip.
Thank you!
Glad you enjoyed Tortilla Joes. It is funny since this is our home park I have been here more times than I can remember and yet there are STILL places I have never been and things I have never done. I have never eaten at House of Blues other than a gospel brunch once years ago during a ladies trip, never been to Via Napoli or ESPN and never ridden on the Zephyr.
Ha! Well I cannot speak for the House of Blues but you have got to get over to Via Napoli next time you are in Epcot! It is amazing!!!
We like Tortilla Joes but if we eat at DTD it is almost always Catal or Jazz Kitchen. We do like TJ's though if we are in the mood for Mexican and LOVE their tableside Guac. Glad you enjoyed your dinner.
I had looked at the menus for both of these and thought that TJ's would have a more kids friendly menu for my sometimes picky children. We actually did stop at Jazz Express one day for lunch to get some chicken for the kids and they liked it a lot.
And I would tend to agree about the Zephyr. I have NEVER done it but to me it always looked boring. One of these days I will have to try it just to say I did it once LOL. I never did do maliboomer while it was there either but for me it is a cheap version of TOT and I prefer that.
lol I was not a fan of this ride. DD for some reason was loving it:confused3
I'm curious why have you not been on Tower? Is it because you don't like it or are afraid or just never had the chance? That is one of my all times faves and I love both versions.
Ah. TOT. I have been once, when I was a teen and it the ride was brand new and from what I remember I loved it. Fast forward to now my kids are terrified of the thought of it and DH does not really want to do it either. I am not too thrilled about doing single rider line and would just assume do whatever my family wants to do instead of breaking away. So now I have just really been tying to talk the fam into being brave and riding with me. So far I believe I have DS and DH on board so it looks like we are a go:thumbsup2
Wow, that IS a smoking deal. Spend $30, get $30. Nice!!
Thank you I thought so too:thumbsup2
Olaf ballon... how neat. And Sydney also has the look of "Seriously... ANOTHER picture??!!" :laughing:
Oh they love it....:rolleyes2
Loved Monsters Inc. And nice to know that I wasn't losing my mind (at least in this case) regarding Roz. I kept wondering after the ride... Did she just talk to me?
Yes, she really engages with you lol
So excited for you to experience (well you already did, but in TR terms it hasn't happened yet) World of Colour. :goodvibes
Oh it was amazing:lovestruc
Luvin the Olaf balloon.
yeah I was pretty impressed with the balloon!
the portions look huge at Tortilla Joe's. I don't think I'd be able to eat all that. I normally get the kids portions when I'm in Florida because the heat makes me not want to eat. Dunno what California will be like yet. :confused3
I will admit the portion sizes for this place were pretty big, and yes we do the same thing in WDW because, you are right, the portion sizes are huge there, but, the kids meals in DLR were like toddler size compared to kids meals at WDW. That was one thing we definitely noticed.

Great update!

The dinner looks really yummy & was a really good deal! Plus the balloons for the kids are super cute.

Sounds like y'all were able to get quite a bit done before WoC.
Thank you! Yes we really did have a bit of luck with getting things accomplished:goodvibes
Thanks! Just signed up. Did I have to list CA as my state? I listed AZ... I guess we'll see!
lol I'm not sure. I just remember selecting CA since we were going to use the coupons on our vacation. Not sure if it mattered or not.
The breakfast looked good.
There was so much lol
Oh my! The line behind you.
I know right?!
Good for you standing your ground with the line cheaters. You did well.
Nice ride pics.
Thank you!
Good you got FP’s for a good time.
Yes it really did work out well for our schedule
LOL. The pic of you holding on to the ropes or netting.
Ha! I was wondering if anyone was going to catch the fact that I had a death grip on those dang nets
Nice pics under the sea.
Is the preshow for Soarin’ the same as WDW?
I believe so.
You have to try the front row. It is so much better and fun.
Baby steps Scott.....baby steps lol
You get excited for the upstairs because it is the penthouse. LOL
Makes sense to me!
I agree Riverwalk is awesome.
love the Riverwalk:lovestruc
The food looked good.
Nemo looks so different drained.
It was hard to imagine subs floating around. Very strange
The video of her driving was funny.
Thank you! She is a maniac on the speedway lol
Dole whips look delicious.
Oh they are soooo yummy. I wish I had one right now!!
That was a lot of food and a great price.
He was definitely talented on that flamingo. Hysterical.
Yes he was lol!
Looked like a good night so far.
Thanks Scott:thumbsup2

World of Color

So after we bought our Churros (purchase made with funds on Disney Rewards Card) we headed over to find the "blue area" for which our WOC FP's told us to go. It was a bit confusing at first but eventually we figured it out and found a spot that did not seem too shabby.

Then we sat down on the concrete like everyone else and the kiddos enjoyed their churros. We may have snuck a bite or two. I mean who can resist the smell of a churro?

As we were getting closer to show time they announced that they were starting and interactive game that you could do with your smartphone and the mickey wheel. Everyone in our area got together and quickly went to the site we were told to go to and got ready to start the game. It was really a lot of fun and I liked that total strangers could all come together as a team to play the game.

The game basically works like a color memory game where the Mickey Wheel lights up with a certain color in a sequence and adds a color to the sequence each round. You have to enter the sequence on your phone and get it right to continue. (Think SIMON). It amazes me how kids are with smartphones. This next generation is going to be something. Both of my kids were like little prodigies playing this game meanwhile I could not even get the game started on my phone lol. It's kind of funny to think about how my 8 year old knows more about technology than I do. Of course I come from a time where we had payphones and live television did not pause and rewind lol. Anyways the game was fun and it made the time pass by quickly. Before we knew it the show was ready to begin, and we all stood up.

From the beginning we were blown away! The music, the water, colors and projections were amazing!

You could see the movie projections so clearly and it was just…..I was in awe.

The toy story part was cool too.

I mean look at how clear that is! Absolutely fantastic!!

And just when you think you have seen it all they get to the POTC sequence and then fire is shooting out lol!

I was soooo glad that we made time for this and it was just awesome! All of that being said I do think that they should just leave this in DCA and not find a way to bring it to WDW. I think that it just fit this park so well (kind of like Epcot and Illuminations) and I believe that keeping it just in DCA makes it special. Just my opinion. It was sooo cool though!

After the show we decided to head back to the CCI and call it a night. We got the kids cleaned up and to bed and then DH and I remembered that we had leftover birthday cake in the fridge and finished it off as a late night snack. It was the perfect way to end another wonderful day in Disneyland!!

WOC is neat isn't it? THe only part I hate is having to sit on the ground/stand. It's fine if you are young and spry but it hurts my back to sit or stand for too long (yes I'm old) but other than that we love the show and have seen a few versions of it. Like Fantasmic I love it but never like all the waiting before hand so usually don't see it very often. Sometimes we will walk by when it starts and stand in the back.

LOL about the cell phones. I have a 1.5 year old granddaughter who knows how to use mine LOL. Game sounded like a fun way to pass the time.

Yum on the cake! We got one for my daughter's 13th birthday and I don't remember if we took the leftovers back but sadly it seems the few times I have bought a cake we never remember to eat the leftovers.

Haha, I'll even add... And I had to actually walk over to the TV to change the channel. Ah technology, what would we do without you (other than probably be in much better shape).

I love World of Color. This was something I really didn't think I'd like all that much too. Fountains??? Big Deal. Yeah, I changed my mind really quickly. Shame on me for doubting Disney.

WoC is one of the things I'm most excited to experience @ DLR. It just seems really different & wonderful!

The game sounds fun and definitely a good time killer.

WOC is neat isn't it? THe only part I hate is having to sit on the ground/stand. It's fine if you are young and spry but it hurts my back to sit or stand for too long (yes I'm old) but other than that we love the show and have seen a few versions of it. Like Fantasmic I love it but never like all the waiting before hand so usually don't see it very often. Sometimes we will walk by when it starts and stand in the back.
It really was quite amazing!
LOL about the cell phones. I have a 1.5 year old granddaughter who knows how to use mine LOL. Game sounded like a fun way to pass the time.
My kids definitely surpass me with the technology deal
Yum on the cake! We got one for my daughter's 13th birthday and I don't remember if we took the leftovers back but sadly it seems the few times I have bought a cake we never remember to eat the leftovers.
Oh it was soooo good. I want cake now. Great.
Haha, I'll even add... And I had to actually walk over to the TV to change the channel. Ah technology, what would we do without you (other than probably be in much better shape).
lol I remember that Rob! Or how about VCR's that you pushed the eject button and the little thing popped out the top? LOL. That was back when TV's were considered a piece of furniture that sat on the ground covered with wood or whatever and you would use the top to set decor on :rotfl2: wow we have come so far now
I love World of Color. This was something I really didn't think I'd like all that much too. Fountains??? Big Deal. Yeah, I changed my mind really quickly. Shame on me for doubting Disney.
Ha! It's okay I am sure Disney forgives you :)
WoC is one of the things I'm most excited to experience @ DLR. It just seems really different & wonderful!
It was both of those things! I bet you will love it:goodvibes
The game sounds fun and definitely a good time killer.
Yes it was neat to experience and I am all for things to pass waiting times lol

A Disneyland Rope Drop

Today was our third DLR day and we had yet to do a Disneyland Rope Drop. DCA was hosting Magic Mornings today so it was a perfect day to start out at DL.

We started out again with breakfast at the CCI before taking our morning 10 minute walk to the gates.

Bag check was a breeze

And we found ourselves pretty close to the turnstiles this morning.

Our first day adventures in Disneyland had not been at rope drop and because of this we had not been able to hit a lot of the rides that are an absolute must in order to not have a long wait, especially in the summer. So that was the plan this morning. We were ready for our mission!
Before park opening at 9 am they went ahead and started to let everyone into the park, only to hold us at another "actual" rope drop. We maneuvered our way down Main Street and to the front of the rope at the hub.

We were literally at the center front of rope drop, right in front of the partner's statue.

More people made their way down Main Street and towards the hub. There were two separate lines to get into Fantasyland. The one that we were in and then one to the left of us that was specifically for the A&E meet and greet. We had a very friendly security CM who kept us entertained while we waited. About 5 minutes before the "official" rope drop he went ahead and took the rope away only if we promised to stay there lol. The official opening then came on the loud speakers welcoming everyone to Walt's park. It was pretty cool. Then it was time.

One last peaceful picture before the chaos of rope drop. There is one golden rule for all Disney parks…..no running. We consider ourselves to be law abiding citizens and so we do not run. Plus there is nothing more embarrassing than a teenage CM having to scold an adult for running lol. But you know what they say….when in Rome. Once one person takes off it becomes a domino effect and soon it's a race. Again we do not run. But we will walk very very fast. And I will swing my arms to increase my speed. Like a mall walker lol. So when the starting gun went off (figuratively speaking) I was surprised at how many people were in a full on sprint! We walked as fast as our little legs would take us lol. Yes we were passed by a few but since we were still at the front of the line we were able to maintain front of the line access into the castle. It was the funniest thing to see hoards of people running towards the castle entrance, over the lowered drawbridge and moat, and into Fantasyland. My wonderful DH had the brilliant idea to pull out his smartphone and film the people running behind us, essentially chasing us into Fantasyland. And now for your enjoyment the video of this experience (unless you tube takes it down because I added music) I seem to have a hard time with that for some reason…..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2VbeA07fHQ&list=UUqwvEQxKT2KKC5BRow38CgA
We survived and quickly made our way to the entrance of Peter Pan's Flight.

LOL That video is too funny! :rotfl:

I like how it looks like the CM is telling everyone to slow down, and the only one who does is the little boy; the adults keep running! :rolleyes2

Looking forward to how your flight on PP went! :goodvibes

Oh yeah, that's another thing I really liked about Disneyland Resort. Only one bag check for both parks. Such a time saver when park hopping.

I do find it a little sad (and actually a little surprising) that there's no real welcome show in Disneyland. :confused3

:rotfl2: OMG Jenn that video made my day. They all look so ridiculous. I'm dying here!!! And now you know how the Beatles felt. :thumbsup2

Luvin the pictures of the Castle with Walt and Mickey in front

The video made me lol!

Your pictures of the Partners statue in front of the castle are so pretty!!

At first, the video made me :laughing: and then it made me :scared1:! Were the runners all going to Anna & Elsa? Why do people need to run? I will also do the "mall walk" but never run.

LOL That video is too funny! :rotfl:

I like how it looks like the CM is telling everyone to slow down, and the only one who does is the little boy; the adults keep running! :rolleyes2

Looking forward to how your flight on PP went! :goodvibes
I know right?! Typical. Kids know when they get called out for doing something wrong but adults are like, whatever! :rolleyes2
Lol. Love the video!!!
Thank you!! :goodvibes
Oh yeah, that's another thing I really liked about Disneyland Resort. Only one bag check for both parks. Such a time saver when park hopping.
Yes that was a great perk!!
I do find it a little sad (and actually a little surprising) that there's no real welcome show in Disneyland. :confused3
Yeah I hate to say it but it seems like the parks that actually still do a welcoming show are rare.:confused3
:rotfl2: OMG Jenn that video made my day. They all look so ridiculous. I'm dying here!!! And now you know how the Beatles felt. :thumbsup2
lol love the Beatles reference Rob:thumbsup2
Philip showed the video to me after we got off PPF and I was crying with laughter. I decided to dub the audio with music but without the music you can hear DH yelling, "they're chasing us!!!" :rotfl2:

Luvin the pictures of the Castle with Walt and Mickey in front
Thank you:goodvibes it was cool to have a pic without people in it!
The video made me lol!
Ha! It was quite an experience for sure:upsidedow
Your pictures of the Partners statue in front of the castle are so pretty!!
Thank you! :goodvibes
At first, the video made me :laughing: and then it made me :scared1:! Were the runners all going to Anna & Elsa? Why do people need to run? I will also do the "mall walk" but never run.
yeah mall walk is the way to go, no matter how strange it make you look :upsidedow It was crazy and funny at the same time and we just could not stop laughing. I wish that I could have captured what it looked liked from the front when everyone started to run in all directions toward the castle door....it was like black friday at Target. Most seemed to be going to PPF as they filed in behind us but some ran past so I am assuming that they were going to A&E.

A Magical Morning in Fantasyland Pt1

We ended up being one of the first set of people on Peter Pan. It is so hard to capture this incredible ride with photos but it is truly amazing. I have to say, once again, that I liked the version here at DL better than WDW. The entire island and twinkling lights area is beautiful! This is seriously one of those rides that I wish would never ever end. It's just so magical and I love it!!

After our very magical adventure to Neverland it was time for a different kind of dark ride. One that my family has never encountered before since it is no longer at WDW. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I vaguely remember this ride at WDW as a teen and so when the family asked me what it was I did not really know what to tell them….other than a dark ride about a toad who makes some bad choices and ends up in a bad way, and it's kind of crazy lol. Ahh well, they would see for themselves soon enough.

So what was the verdict? Ha. The first thing they all said was, did we just go to hell? Lol. Everyone agreed that the ride was weird. I liked it anyways and I hate that it's not at WDW anymore. We need more dark rides!!!

After our wild ride we decided that we were due for a flight with an elephant!

I won't go into detail on this TR since I already did on another report, but Dumbo holds a VERY special place in my heart and he is my absolute favorite in the entire world. The end.

We were on a roll this morning and after flying with my bestie we headed to Storybookland Canal Boats.

This is about as classic Disney as it all gets here folks. Little miniature boats that take you around and though a tunnel carved out like Monstro. Doesn't get much better!

I just loved the little houses and villages!!!! Are you kidding me?!

I also had never wanted to be a duck more in my entire life than at this exact moment lol.

These guys were EVERYWHERE!!!!

Agrabah!!!

Snow White's cottage!

Sorry to get so excited but it was just sooo cool!

DD was enjoying the boat ride too.

I could not decide which was cuter, the snuggling baby duckling or the teeny tiny wittle light post lol.

Ha! We were just there.

The pinwheels!!!

I could just hear "when you wish upon a star"

And of course The Little Mermaid and Prince Eric's Palace. We really really enjoyed this ride!

After the canal boats it just seemed proper to hop on a train ride lead by yours truly…..Casey Jr!

Again a love for Dumbo made this especially magical for me.

It was so much fun! And I also loved how they played the song while the train was moving and even had Casey Jr. trying his hardest to get up a hill and puffing "I think I can I think I can" . AWESOMENESS!!!!
Continued next post….

A Magical Morning in Fantasyland Pt2

After getting several things accomplished this morning we headed over to the other side of Fantasyland, stopping first to get a pic with my kiddos in the iconic teacup.

At this point Sydney had only one thing on her mind

We must do this! I am so in love with this version of Mad Tea Party. It is the essence of Disney! Why oh why does it not look like this in MK? Is it a heat thing or a rain and humidity thing? I cannot understand.

Either way we were ready to do some spinning! After several Disney trips we FINALLY were able to talk DH into getting on the teacups and obviously he realized how incredible they are and now we are always a family of four instead of three when we ride the spinning cups!!!

Let the spinning begin!!!!

Oh look lanterns! Then you lose your focus….try not to barf.

This equals magic.

After regaining our composure we headed toward IASW. Bahahahahaha! For some this is a happy place, for others, it can be a very dark place. Sydney LOVES this ride at WDW, the boys HATE it. Sydney LOVES that they HATE it even more. She had been rubbing it in too when she found out that this version is a lot longer than the one at WDW.

We made our way to the entrance and about that time something special happened. The clock doors opened and out popped a whole lot of singing dolls lol. This was almost too much for the boys. I may be wrong on this but I have heard that at night when the park shuts down that the dolls still pop out on schedule through the night and since there is no music you just hear all their little gears and stuff. Ha! I really do not know if that is the case or not but I hope it is cause that is hilarious……and creepy.

This ride was a walk on at this point and we were in our little boat in no time.

It’s the happiest cruise to set sail! Isn’t that right Sydney?

I was a bit excited to try and pick out the Disney characters that they have added to the ride. I found Cinderella!

And Nemo with Dory, who apparently has crazy wandering eyes?

And Lilo with Stitch!

Awww Sydney was on cloud nine and once again we all agreed that this version is better than WDW. Even if it was longer lol.
It was now nearing time for Toontown's Rope Drop and we were determined to get that marked off the list before the afternoon heat killed us this time!

In DLP they have the canal boats but they have little characters in all the scenes eg look really closely at the bridge in front of the castle and you can see eric:
DSCF0145_zps652a4393.jpg

Ah Mr. Toad aka my first thrill ride, lol. This was one I was so excited to ride just for the reason that it's long gone from WDW. Always a favourite of mine. "Did we just go to hell?" OMG too funny.

I know, the teacups just look so much better in California. But yeah, I think it's all of the above... heat, humidity, but mostly, rain. :(

Oy IaSM. I will admit to being VERY impressed with it's look. It is seriously impressive. And I do like that they added some Disney characters throughout without it taking away from its essence at all. And no, I did not ride it. :)

I had not heard that Peter Pan is different @ DL. We love that ride @ WDW & now I'm very excited to ride it @ DL.

All of the rides y'all did that morning look so cute & fun! IASW is my absolute favorite for sentimental reasons & I'm just busting at the seams to experience the DL version.

I was never a fan of the Mr. Toad ride @ WDW but I want to ride it there just to show my son that craziness. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter