Summertime and Disneyland….Oo-De-Lally!!

Pretty sure you used to be able to go in the Fort at Tom Sawyer island...unless I'm just imagining going in there as a kid ;)

Loving the photos!!

Thanks for the info on French Market. It looks like somewhere Momma would like. She's always looking for "proper" food :goodvibes

Luvin all the pics.

Crystal is right you used to be able to go in. Not sure if this is permanent or temporary. It's neat to see the things you did that I haven't done in years cuz my kids are not into that anymore. I have never even been to the island in Florida or if I have I don't remember LOL.

We used to love the canoes but alas yet another thing we usually skip.

Fun update!

Pretty sure you used to be able to go in the Fort at Tom Sawyer island...unless I'm just imagining going in there as a kid ;)

Loving the photos!!

It's true, you used to be able to go in there. I remember taking my nephew there about 15 years ago and it was open then. I haven't been back to TSI since then and am disappointed to hear that the fort is not open. My DS6 would have loved it!

thornton0511: Great trip report...it's so fun to follow your adventures!

Yay! I'm not crazy :thumbsup2 LOL.

Angrose, my DS4 and DS6 love the island. But be careful in the caves. My mom took the boys in there and she reached into the part where the treasure was at and a scary voice said not to touch the treasure. She said my boys screamed like girls! I wasn't there and missed it. So don't stick your hand near the treasure. They had nightmares about it afterwards :eek:

Hmmm, not sure who the interview subject was, but by any chance did you get a phone number before the CM did the death stare? ;)

Oooh Jenn, busted taking a flash photo!! But good pic nonetheless.

Ahhhh Club 33. There really is something special and mysterious about that place.

Hahaha, the canoes. Frankly I'm not down for any ride where I have to do the work.

OMG Sydney got possessed!!!! It looks like the end of the Michael Jackson Thriller video.

Oooooh... Not related to your TR directly, but just now noticed that Cory is wearing Canadia shoes. :thumbsup2

Well I am officially finished with my job AND we leave for Disney tomorrow morning! I have so much excitement right now that I can hardly contain myself!! It's like after a superbowl when the quarterback is interviewed:

"Jenn, you just quit your job of 17 years....what are you going to do now?"

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!! :lmao:

And then there is that moment when you walk out the door of your employer for the last time knowing that you do not have to ever work there and you are as happy as this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIVnGW5tM8

Yeah, today is the best day ever!!! Now to pack for Disney:dance3:

Loving the photos!!
I wish that you still could! It seemed odd not to be able to explore in there
Thanks for the info on French Market. It looks like somewhere Momma would like. She's always looking for "proper" food :goodvibes

Luvin all the pics.
No worries! It was really good:goodvibes
Crystal is right you used to be able to go in. Not sure if this is permanent or temporary. It's neat to see the things you did that I haven't done in years cuz my kids are not into that anymore. I have never even been to the island in Florida or if I have I don't remember LOL.

We used to love the canoes but alas yet another thing we usually skip.

Fun update!
Yeah it was only my guess that they would maybe keep stuff for Fantasmic! in there since the show takes place on the island but I honestly don't know why was locked up like that:confused3
It's true, you used to be able to go in there. I remember taking my nephew there about 15 years ago and it was open then. I haven't been back to TSI since then and am disappointed to hear that the fort is not open. My DS6 would have loved it!

thornton0511: Great trip report...it's so fun to follow your adventures!
Thank you! :goodvibes
Yay! I'm not crazy :thumbsup2 LOL.

Angrose, my DS4 and DS6 love the island. But be careful in the caves. My mom took the boys in there and she reached into the part where the treasure was at and a scary voice said not to touch the treasure. She said my boys screamed like girls! I wasn't there and missed it. So don't stick your hand near the treasure. They had nightmares about it afterwards :eek:
Ha that's crazy!
Hmmm, not sure who the interview subject was, but by any chance did you get a phone number before the CM did the death stare? ;)
lol she was a very nice looking lady ;)
Oooh Jenn, busted taking a flash photo!! But good pic nonetheless.
I know I felt so bad about it. Like a kid getting singled out for doing something wrong lol. In my defense though the ride had stopped and we were just sitting there in the dark:thumbsup2
Ahhhh Club 33. There really is something special and mysterious about that place.
yes and I have a dream that one day I will be having lunch there and Johnny Depp will be one table away......:)
Hahaha, the canoes. Frankly I'm not down for any ride where I have to do the work.
Exactly:sad2:
OMG Sydney got possessed!!!! It looks like the end of the Michael Jackson Thriller video.
yeah her eyes turned out really creepy. When I saw the pic for the first time I was like :scared1:
Oooooh... Not related to your TR directly, but just now noticed that Cory is wearing Canadia shoes. :thumbsup2
Oh my goodness Rob you are so right!!! I did not even think about that! How incredibly cool is that?!

1) congrats on the last day on the job. You will not regret it one bit
2) woohoo on leaving for Disney tomorrow. I am a bit sad because that means we have to wait to wrap up this Trip Report, but it also means we get a WDW trip report soon
3) that video is the funniest thing I have seen in A LONG time -oh my word!!!!

1) congrats on the last day on the job. You will not regret it one bit
2) woohoo on leaving for Disney tomorrow. I am a bit sad because that means we have to wait to wrap up this Trip Report, but it also means we get a WDW trip report soon
3) that video is the funniest thing I have seen in A LONG time -oh my word!!!!

Thank you! LOL that video really made me laugh and it seemed so fitting to what I was feeling at that moment too!! Yes I do hope to do a TR for our WDW trip and will go ahead and post a few more updates from this one now before I go to sleep for y'all to enjoy while I am away:goodvibes

An Evening in Disney Pt1

After our rest we made our way back to Disneyland and to Fantasyland Theatre.

But not before first grabbing FP's for Indy. This was not our first rodeo. I am sad to say that we missed our opportunity to use our FP's for Splash. Ah well. Sometimes you can't get everything in.

I was definitely not going to miss this show however!

YAY for Mickey's Magical Map!!

I thought the show was really good. The weather was also nice at this time and it made for a relaxing start to our evening. After the show we were getting a bit hungry so we headed to our dinner location

Why yes…how did you know Mr. Beaver

Ah Hungry Bear Restaurant. Another counter service that I was much looking forward to trying.

I am sad to say that I did not partake in the bumble bee cupcake…..but goodness they looked good!

DH went with your typical burger and fries deal. No complaints!

DS went with the kids version with apple slices and carrots.

DD went with chicken nuggets with apples and fries.

And I went with the burger and sweet potato fries. Nom nom nom! The first time I ever tried SP fries I did not really like them. But once I trained my brain to not expect a regular French fry and instead something sweet I fell in love. Now it’s sweet potato all the way if its offered!

We had our dinner upstairs by the water and it was so nice. We did not realize until later that there was a down stairs area lol.

We saw boats pass by getting ready for Fantasmic! I see what you guys are up to.
After dinner we headed back towards the Rivers of America where we were greeted with this

And this

Summertime in Disneyland….Oo De Lally!!!! They were everywhere! I felt like a Salmon trying to swim upstream against the current. Can you say bottleneck? It was at this point I really missed my moderate crowd times at WDW. Waaahhhh I hate summer crowds!!

We made our way through and found an area in between ROA and adventureland where we could actually see the ground lol.

We had so much room that Sydney could twirl around! Yay for personal space!!!
To be continued……..

An Evening in Disney Pt2

We made our way over to BTMRR and grabbed FP's for this since we were in our window for a new one. We now had passes for BTMRR and Indy later in the night and the times were going to work well together. I could go on another rant about legacy FP but I won't……grrrrrr.

We made our way out of Frontierland and toward the hub. Love the entrance here!

We stopped for a moment to take a not so great pic of the kids with the castle lol.

Then I got sidetracked with pretty statues….

Then on the carrousel we went.

Gotta at least ride once. Obviously! Not sure what kind of expression DS is making here lol

After our horsey ride the kids wanted to reenact their impression of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride….

And then we park hopped our way over to DCA

Once we entered DCA we got the idea that it would be cool to ride the trolley down Buena Vista Street. Yeah. That did not last long lol. We kind of putted down the street a bit and then hopped off. Not sure how magical I expected it to be, or really what I expected it to be, but whatever I was thinking it was kind of boring lol. So we got off and walked over to Bug Land. It was now just after 8pm.

We had wanted to do this with the kids yesterday but could not find the time. I love how everything looks here!

First up was Flik's Flyers!

Now I realize this is a land geared more to small kids but we don't care. We were excited!

Plus this looks like fun you know?

Bahahahahaha……love it!

And we did really enjoy it! Disney=FUN!

Next up was the ladybug boogie.
Something was wrong with our ladybug and he would not spin….whomp whomp whomp. Oh well. We got over it and moved on.

We then headed over to the bumper car ride with Tuck and Roll.

My child…..good grief.
I forgot that tonight was also a Grad night and honestly I did not even notice. I saw no sign of unruly teens, you know, out of the norm anyways lol. But while we were waiting in line for the bumper cars we noticed a group of teen boys ahead of us and one in particular had on a pair of Minnie ears. It was sooo funny. So obviously I had to sneak a shot of him while we were cruising along in our car….

Good luck with that swagger……just sayin lol! At least he had a sense of humor!!

After spending about an hour in Bug's Land we left DCA and walked back over to DL to try a few rides at night.

But first a pic! Okay now we can go.

An Evening in Disney Pt3

Crowds.

We made our way through the hub and decided a night ride on bobsleds sounded good. Especially since we had missed it earlier. Had to get our Matterhorn fix!

Obviously!

Here we go!!!! So excited!
This bobsled ride was epic!! While we were waiting to take off the Fireworks started. Goodness I am seriously getting chills right now typing because I am reliving it. We could hear the boom from the fireworks while inside the mountain and then we would come to a part when we were outside going around a curve or down a slope and you just see these magical enormous fireworks right there! It was just the best bobsled ride ever. The end.
Magic happens here!

And we will always have that super cool memory!

After we got off the ride we stood for a moment and just enjoyed the show.

We then headed over to ride the teacups. At night. Cause its cool!

Favorites!!!

Around and around we go!!!!

We had a wonderfully dizzy ride.

It was now that we noticed that we could use our FP for BTMRR. I could not get any pics to turn out in the dark unfortunately but I will tell you that as cool as the new dynamite sequence is during the day, it is completely blown away by a ride at night time. The whole cave just lights up and it is AWESOME!!!
It was now after 10pm and we had enough time for one last ride before calling it a day….or night. Our last FP for Indy. So we headed toward Adventureland. Wow standby was insanely long. Poor standby people.

Being that it was nighttime really made the queue for this ride more spooky. Do not disturb the bats people!

Well that must not have been a pleasant way to go.

And despite my warnings, Cory decided to indeed pull the rope lol.

It was a lot of fun and a good ride to end the night on.

It was getting pretty late at this point and so we headed back to the CCI to get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow would be our last full day for Disneyland and we wanted to make the most of it!

You know Jenn, just seeing your photos of the FP's gives me goosebumps.

I can't imagine Summer crowds in Disneyland. Even in the off season I found it crowded due to the smaller pathways. Summer must be insane.

A guy wearing Minnie ears? Love it!

What a wonderful day. And what a wonderful day you have coming up as you head to WDW!!! Wishing you a magical trip! :goodvibes

Congrats on your last day at work and your DW trip. We keep changing it up for ours. Now the latest is we are thinking about my mom and I going the first week of Nov in 16 and doing all of DW just us and then having my girls and my dad fly out at the end of the week to do a few days at Universal since they will have a 3 day weekend for vets day. Not fond of going on such a crowded time but that is what it is coming down to as they will be in HS and can't really miss any school.

Aren't those crowds the WORST. It seems like lately more and more when we go it is like that. Granted we had to go on the worst possible times to work around the kids school but OH do I miss those days of being able to go at "dead" times. Although it seems anymore there aren't any. Disney seems to insert something into every possible downtime and then if you do go during a true down time then half the stuff is closed.

I love the DL Fantasmic but I hate that huge bottleneck of people that forms over there. We haven't sat and watched the entire show in forever but you can't even really go over to that side of the park either and I love doing Haunted or Pirates that time of night.

I'm assuming no more updates till you get back from your trip. Will you be doing a DW trip report? Hope so! Have really enjoyed your reports!

Congrats on the last day of the job!
Enjoy Disney World.

Luvin all the updates from DL as well.

Great updates and pics.

I am keeping notes being we are going next year and it has been 20 years since I have been.

Have a magical time at WDW.

Looks like such a fun day & night! :thumbsup2 Things have been so busy over here with school starting for my son & the preschool I teach at starts tomorrow so I haven't really been DISing or doing trip planning. Well, reading your updates tonight has gotten me excited again!

I hope your current trip to WDW is safe & magical!! I hope you'll be doing a TR for it as well.

That's so cool that you got to ride the Matterhorn during the fireworks!! What an awesome memory to have!

We really enjoyed Mickey's Magical Map as well!! :thumbsup2

What a fun night you guys had! :yay: We rode Matterhorn at night too~fun ride~ but not DURING fireworks!! That must have been awesome!! :dance3:

Congrats on your last day at work and have fun in WDW!! We just returned from a short trip there (adults only for the first time) and had a blast!! I'm having withdrawals!! :sad2: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter