Super early but...2017 anyone?

Will be going to the World in 2017! Thinking either a late Feb/early March or Late April/Early May trip this time around, staying on grounds hopefully one of the DVC Resorts. (shooting for Poly or BCV). Went in September 2014 and stayed off grounds so wanting to splurge and stay on grounds this time.

Anyone ever rent points? I know for the popular ones you need to try at 11 months out, pay in full and get trip insurance because there may be a no cancellation policy. We want to stay at GF, but if DVC would be cheaper, I can try that out! Or am I better off just booking at actual hotel? I really want to soak it all in there....

I'm already looking at calendars for 2017, 2018, 2019... :thumbsup2

2017 is going to be a challenge. Just when I've moved from February to April, then 2017 comes along with Easter right smack in the middle of April, wiping out that month. (Work duties mean I should not be gone the first week or last week of a month.) I don't want to go earlier than April because of my fear of having to drive to/from my airport in winter weather. So for 2017, I'm probably going to end up with May 6-13, which will be my first May trip. I hear lots of good things about May, but I also hear about lots of rain and hordes of lovebugs. But, hey, a week in a poncho freaking out about bugs is still better than a week at work!

Late February/early March 2017 here! We are going over Mardi Gras for our DD's 6th birthday!

You can book over the phone 499 days in advance for room only. If you want packages (room, tickets, dining, etc), 2017 packages will be released this summer (July-August)

I'm new to all of this, do you know if you can then add in packages after you book your rooms or is it better to wait for packages to come out?

I have started my excel spread sheet too and I have my important dates listed in there of when I need to make ADRs, FPs, and payment dates! I can't wait! I love entering my vacation details into my speadsheets, LOL. I am so obsessive!

Soul sisters! um, assuming you are female! lol
I :heart: spreadsheets as well!

Oh I am way overly-ambitious and I know it. I haven't been in school in a looooooong time (like, before people brought laptops to class long time) and I have no idea what's about to hit me. But 2.5 years until our next Disney trip seems like enough time to plan at least! I'm hoping we can use credit card miles for flights and I'm thinking of opening a Starwood hotel credit card to see if we could bank enough points to get free rooms at Swan and Dolphin. Seeing as WDW will probably be charging something between a left arm and a firstborn for park tickets in a few years, we might as well save where we can!
You are highly intelligent to start looking now. We just got backs from DW for 2016. The Star Wars fireworks at Hollywood Studios is phenomenal! It sounds like Star Wars will be invading that patk for quite some time. I'm not a fan, but the Aerosmith coaster, the Tower of Terror, the SciFi Diner, and those fireworks will keep me coming back!

We go annually. Our next trip in coming in April, but we are also planning for an August 2017 trip. Planning on staying Poly CL!!!! :cloud9:

Since our trip isn't until 2017, I'm thinking that gives us enough time to shop around for resale DVC points. We will be a family of 4 and if we can get a good deal it would be so nice to have the extra space of a 1 bedroom or even a big studio.

After watching for some time I realized that the resorts that require less points have higher dues. These resorts also have shorter year ownership.

We are planning and working out the details for our May 2017 trip to WDW! Just waiting until I can start making reservations!! :)

I just showed DH the Royal Rooms at POR...uhmm he's actually sold on those.. he thinks the fireworks headboard is really neat & he loves the look of the grounds around the buildings there sooooo it appears we might be doing that instead of alligator bayou lol you know only 665 more days to change our minds many many more times

My brother talked it over with his fiancee and so far it looks like we'll all be going in March 2017!! The only problem now is that I might be starting school again this fall so we'd have to go over my spring break (haven't dealt with spring break crowds before...). If my older niece's break falls during that same week, that'd be great! If not, then she'd potentially be out 2 weeks in March and I'm not sure if that's good, but it will be up to her parents. I know her spring break will be March 20-24 next year, hopefully mine will be too, that would just be easier.

Yup... in January I told the kids we could now say our trip was "next year" rather than in 2 years. :)
No big plans yet - but hoping to be able to do a trip in August of 2017. Now if the cars would just hold together a little more to cooperate, that would be great. :)

I'm planning for late May or June, 2017! DD turns 10 that August, trying for 1 more trip before she's a Disney Adult. Depending on my job, it will be either week of Memorial Day, or mid June.

Planning for early-mid March 2017. Our spring break is the week before the family we will be traveling with so we were hoping to work out a two week trip and do Universal for a couple days then lots of Disney. I recently realized there is a big work convention in the middle of those two weeks and if I'm not at the convention my vacation request may be denied due to other gone during that time :sad: I can't know for sure yet. Either way we will be going to WDW some time in 2017. AKV if by ourselves, our first adventure in point rentals, or TBD if traveling with family. I'm so excited to start planning but hesitant due to so many contingencies in dates and location.

Going Nov 2017 here! :) Celebrating my love's bday in the park next year (going in a couple weeks for this years trip woot!)

Hoping to cruise in June 2017 with maybe a couple of days at WDW before! We have never cruised before so I am doing tons of research right now waiting for the June itineraries to open up! We have been to WDW 4x since 2013 and it may actually kill me not to go at all this year but I hope the land & sea vacation next year will be worth the wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter