Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Disney enforces ALL the Covid-19 Rules - Guidelines.

If kids (or anyone for that matter) can't wear a mask past noon then their day in the parks is over at noon.

The Covid-19 Rules - Guidelines have been established for the safety of ALL of us.

Geemo
I totally agree with you if we can prevent one person from getting sick it is worth it

For everyone participating in this thread: This is not the thread for debating mask wearing or for discussing how much you dislike wearing them or what you think about Disney's safety rules. There is now a thread for discussing masks in the Disneyland Community Board: DLR Mask Discussion Thread (Abide by the Guidelines!). Also, any posts which encourage people to disregard or to break Disney's rules and guidelines will be deleted. The DIS Boards does not support or encourage the violation of any Disney policy.
And please remember that speculation goes in the Speculation thread in the Disneyland Community Board.
Now, back to the on topic discussion!

...from Shanghai Disneyland:

A park ticket is not included in the room price, but admission to the park is guaranteed for hotel guests (including Shanghai Disney Resort Annual Pass holders staying in the hotel) in accordance with the room occupancy.
If hotel guests wish to visit the park, hotel Cast Members will assist in handling the ticket purchase or reservation procedure of valid tickets to ensure smooth entry.

Source: https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/hotels/shanghai-disneyland-hotel/rates-rooms/
From the Speculation thread. This may or may not affect DLR's reopening, but it is interesting to note, nonetheless.

From the Speculation thread. This may or may not affect DLR's reopening, but it is interesting to note, nonetheless.

As you know I have rescheduled my June trip to October. This from Shanghai and the updates from Walt Disney World has got me thinking. Maybe I should buy park tickets now, sooner rather than later, just in case. I have an off site stay , I can't afford onsite and I'm wondering if when the Disneyland reopening is announced that they suspend ticket sales, like what they have done in Florida. :scratchin

As you know I have rescheduled my June trip to October. This from Shanghai and the updates from Walt Disney World has got me thinking. Maybe I should buy park tickets now, sooner rather than later, just in case. I have an off site stay , I can't afford onsite and I'm wondering if when the Disneyland reopening is announced that they suspend ticket sales, like what they have done in Florida. :scratchin
It's certainly worth considering. You can ask in the Speculation thread to see what folks there think. But it can't hurt to do some price comparing now to see what your best options would be.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/27/when-will-disneyland-reopen-downtown-disney/
As Orange County restaurants reopened this week, restaurants and retail stores in Downtown Disney will remain temporarily closed. Company representatives told the Orange County Register,“We are evaluating the guidance provided by California and Orange County and we have not made a decision on a reopening date for Downtown Disney at this time.”
Earlier this week, California Gov. Gavin Newsom approved OC’s reopening plans, which permits in-house dining. Downtown Disney closed temporarily on March 12, with a promise to reopen in mid-April amidst coronavirus concerns. Downtown Disney hosts 19 restaurants and food vendors on a strip adjacent to Disneyland, which remains closed as well.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/27/when-will-disneyland-reopen-downtown-disney/
As Orange County restaurants reopened this week, restaurants and retail stores in Downtown Disney will remain temporarily closed. Company representatives told the Orange County Register,“We are evaluating the guidance provided by California and Orange County and we have not made a decision on a reopening date for Downtown Disney at this time.”
Earlier this week, California Gov. Gavin Newsom approved OC’s reopening plans, which permits in-house dining. Downtown Disney closed temporarily on March 12, with a promise to reopen in mid-April amidst coronavirus concerns. Downtown Disney hosts 19 restaurants and food vendors on a strip adjacent to Disneyland, which remains closed as well.

It was puzzling because it was a City of Anaheim spokesman who said some things in that article on behalf of the third-party businesses that operate at DtD. He made it seem like the stores wanted more information on when the *parks* would open before committing to any reopening plan.

It was puzzling because it was a City of Anaheim spokesman who said some things in that article on behalf of the third-party businesses that operate at DtD. He made it seem like the stores wanted more information on when the *parks* would open before committing to any reopening plan.
Can you copy and paste the article here for those who may not be able to read it (firewall issues)? Thanks!

When will Disneyland reopen Downtown Disney?
California Gov. Gavin Newsom approved Orange County’s plan to resume indoor dining in restaurants and shopping inside malls on May 23 as part of the later phase of the state’s COVID-19 Stage 2 reopening plan.
Brady MacDonald
May 27, 2020 at 6:33 a.m.

OCR-L-DOWNTOWN-DISNEY-0316-JAG-02-1.jpg

The Downtown Disney District is devoid of people on its last day open to the public before its Coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown in Anaheim, CA, on Monday, Mar 16, 2020. (Photo by Jeff Gritchen, Orange County Register/SCNG)

The stores and restaurants in the Downtown Disney outdoor mall next to Disneyland won’t reopen immediately following the announcement by California Gov. Gavin Newsom permitting indoor dining and shopping in Orange County.

Disneyland has not yet decided when Downtown Disney will reopen, Disney officials said.

“We are evaluating the guidance provided by California and Orange County and we have not made a decision on a reopening date for Downtown Disney at this time,” according to Disney officials.

Newsom approved Orange County’s plan to resume indoor dining in restaurants and shopping inside malls on Saturday, May 23 as part of the later phase of the state’s COVID-19 Stage 2 reopening plan.

The Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks closed until further notice on March 14 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Downtown Disney closed on March 17.

“We will continue to have discussions with our operating participants about how and when we reopen Downtown Disney in a responsible and phased manner,” Disney officials said in a statement.

Disney operates World of Disney, Disney Dress Shop, Disney Home and Marceline’s Confectionery at Downtown Disney.

Downtown Disney’s other shops and restaurants include Starbucks, Lego Store, The Void, Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes, Ballast Point Brewing Co., Salt & Straw, Earl of Sandwich, Jamba and Sprinkles.

“As we continue to monitor conditions, the safety and well-being of our guests, cast members and third-party operating participants will be at the forefront of our planning,” according to Disney officials.

Other malls at Disney resorts around the globe have begun reopening following the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Shanghai Disneyland theme park reopened May 11, about two months after the adjacent Disneytown shopping mall reopened. The Ikspiari shopping mall at the Tokyo Disney resort in Japan will reopen on June 1. The Disney Springs outdoor mall at the Walt Disney World resort in Florida reopened on May 20. Third-party retailers reopened before Disney-owned shops at Disney Springs.

The Downtown Disney businesses want more clarity on when the Disney parks in Anaheim will reopen, according to Anaheim spokesman Mike Lyster.

“We will see Downtown Disney open at its own pace,” Lyster said by phone. “It’s not a matter of flipping a switch.”

Disneyland and other California theme parks currently closed by the COVID-19 pandemic can reopen during Stage 3 of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s four-stage road map for reopening the state’s economy, according to state officials.

Lyster expects it will be a few weeks before Downtown Disney businesses reopen.

COVID-19 employee training and new health and safety protocols need to be implemented before Downtown Disney reopens, Lyster said.

Thank you for posting the article. I don't find that quote so puzzling. It makes sense to me that the third party businesses in DTD would want more information before opening.

Thank you for posting the article. I don't find that quote so puzzling. It makes sense to me that the third party businesses in DTD would want more information before opening.

Maybe puzzling wasn't the right word, was just curious to me, almost like that was a private conversation between those businesses and Disney. Definitely makes sense they want more info, but if I'm reading between the lines, perhaps there's some hesitation as the foot traffic is unpredictable (and subject to some great discussion in our speculation thread, haha).

It could also be the level of coordination required is greater than, say, South Coast Plaza... seeing as the parking and security is a bit different than SC.

Maybe puzzling wasn't the right word, was just curious to me, almost like that was a private conversation between those businesses and Disney. Definitely makes sense they want more info, but if I'm reading between the lines, perhaps there's some hesitation as the foot traffic is unpredictable (and subject to some great discussion in our speculation thread, haha).

It could also be the level of coordination required is greater than, say, South Coast Plaza... seeing as the parking and security is a bit different than SC.
Whatever the reason, you are right that further discussion on this belongs in the Speculation thread! (Hint, hint for those wanting further discussion... follow the trail of breadcrumbs to the Disneyland Community Board.)

Another reminder, folks: This isn't the thread for arguing or debating mask wearing or public health policy. Show each other some grace during this stressful time and keep your posts on topic. please.

I have a two night stay booked July 5th - July 7th. Will I need to call in to cancel that/find out more info, or will Disney reach out to me? I booked direct with Disneyland Hotel.

I know this was just announced, but has anyone been contacted yet or called Disney yet? Have you received an offer for discounted rooms and a resort credit for any July dates that are now affected with this new announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter