Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked both Paradise Pier and a Good Neighbour package at Camelot Inn for my October dates, both are unavailable in all room categories. Last week I checked Camelot Inn and it was available

... But it looks like MousePlanet (I assume a blog?) probably coincidently posted something FROM GAT today... and the info from GAT may be a few days old or even back when WDW first pulled their res systems...
MP is a Disney fan board, much like the DIS, only smaller. GAT is one of their sponsors, Their weekly DLR Update was sent out today, so was ready to publish either last night or this morning. Either way, this is a moot point. As I posted above, you can call Disney directly (and GAT if you'd like) in the morning to ask what is going on. Please post here if you find out anything new.

So we finally decided we were going to book. But when I logged in to pay everything, boom it was all gone. Looks like no more booking to the official date of opening just like WDW.
The quote below shows that the site came back up hours later. Try booking your trip again now.

Disneyland Hotel booking is back! Let this scare be the thing to drive ANYONE that is debating a stay to book now, today, do it. I just booked mine for October.

Disneyland Hotel booking is back! Let this scare be the thing to drive ANYONE that is debating a stay to book now, today, do it. I just booked mine for October.

Oh man, so went to bed around 1:20am when I gave up, woke up at 7 and everything was back and ready to book! Thanks for the heads up! @theluckyrabbit

Last edited:

Oh man, so went to bed around 1:20am when I gave up, woke up at 7 and everything was back and ready to book! Thanks for the heads up! @theluckyrabbit

Go baby go! I’m surprised my credit card didn’t melt with two bookings on CheapTickets (split stay) totaling about $3k and then two bookings directly with Disney and the cancellations with CheapTickets, lol.

Interestingly my DVC reservations at VGC for 7/14-7/15 and 7/15-7/17 (2 memberships and using up some banked points) were both cancelled. When I looked at dates for re-booking, the nights of 7/15 and 7/16 were both available for VGC, so I re-booked them. I did this last night and the reservation is still showing in my dashboard this AM, but I will be watching it closely over the next few days.

Just booked GCH for Halloween Weekend. We have a couple of July reservations I am keeping to see what happens but hoping for our family trip in October.

Interestingly my DVC reservations at VGC for 7/14-7/15 and 7/15-7/17 (2 memberships and using up some banked points) were both cancelled. When I looked at dates for re-booking, the nights of 7/15 and 7/16 were both available for VGC, so I re-booked them. I did this last night and the reservation is still showing in my dashboard this AM, but I will be watching it closely over the next few days.

Replying to myself. My rebooked reservation was just cancelled. When I look at the availability, it showed just about all days available 7/1 - 7/16. I rebooked the 7/16 night only this time. Expect to see it cancel too.

Replying to myself. My rebooked reservation was just cancelled. When I look at the availability, it showed just about all days available 7/1 - 7/16. I rebooked the 7/16 night only this time. Expect to see it cancel too.

Did you contact member services to ask why this is happening? Because that’s very weird.

I just called to hopefully get more details. Absolutely no wait but they really had zero answers except the person I spoke with assumes the maxpass portion will also be partially refunded if choosing that route for those that paid in full. He had no info on whether the refund would be given when the opening was announced or the day of opening, or how the refunds would be calculated - it's based on number of days closed of course... but he didn't know if it would be (AP cost) *(#days closed/365) or not nor how the level of opening would impact that if at all (I asked if the park was open with restrictions if that would count against AP time or not). I'm really surprised considering WDW has already made its announcement that there isn't more information available about this, haven't AP passholders with WDW already gone through this so we should at least have some idea by now? He did confirm I'd still need to call to get a refund as opposed to eventually having an online option and I didn't get an entirely confident answer on when exactly would be the last day I'd be able to get that option (before the announcement? Before the opening? A few days after? ). So I still don't know what to do ugh! Hopefully I will still be able to get through to someone once the announcement is made and we have actual information.... when I asked if I wasn't able to get through because of large call volume would they extend the time to get refunds he said if I know I want to make that choice I should do it now... so that makes me nervous, heh!

I just called to hopefully get more details. Absolutely no wait but they really had zero answers except the person I spoke with assumes the maxpass portion will also be partially refunded if choosing that route for those that paid in full. He had no info on whether the refund would be given when the opening was announced or the day of opening, or how the refunds would be calculated - it's based on number of days closed of course... but he didn't know if it would be (AP cost) *(#days closed/365) or not nor how the level of opening would impact that if at all (I asked if the park was open with restrictions if that would count against AP time or not). I'm really surprised considering WDW has already made its announcement that there isn't more information available about this, haven't AP passholders with WDW already gone through this so we should at least have some idea by now? He did confirm I'd still need to call to get a refund as opposed to eventually having an online option and I didn't get an entirely confident answer on when exactly would be the last day I'd be able to get that option (before the announcement? Before the opening? A few days after? ). So I still don't know what to do ugh! Hopefully I will still be able to get through to someone once the announcement is made and we have actual information.... when I asked if I wasn't able to get through because of large call volume would they extend the time to get refunds he said if I know I want to make that choice I should do it now... so that makes me nervous, heh!
No. WDW APs have the mostly the same answers as you. They can put in for a refund. Unknown how it will be calculated. Unknown when AP “clock” will start. Unknown if park hopping will be allowed. Unknown how hard it will be to get a “park reservation”. Known that all benefits won’t be available right away (they have stated that). Known “park reservations” will be required & will be limited in the number available for AP holders.

It’s an incredibly frustrating time for AP holders on both coasts 😔

Just spoke with hotel reservations about my July 5th to the 7th reservation at the DLH. I first mentioned that I had heard the resort was still going to be closed during those dates and what my options were. She gave me a practiced speech about how it was a temporary closure based on the government and health districts guidelines and that I could be refunded or modify my dates. I pushed a little more and mentioned that a friend told me they had to rebook and were offer a discount or resort credit or something. The cast member asked me when my friends travel was and I said late June (I’m sure some “friend” here on the boards had a late June trip :P) and the cast member confirmed that there was an existing offer available for people that had disrupted trips in the June time frame but that Disney hadn’t announced anything new and that offer wasn’t available. I mentioned I was planning October as well and would hold onto the reservation just in case Disney announced something new soon and she advised that was a good idea and to check back DAILY if possible. She then asked about my October dates and when I told her (18th-22nd) she apologized that she thought there might be a promotion she could use but travel must be completed by October 4th.

This makes me think that they aren’t offering this promo any more, but if people specifically ask about it they may still be able to book it. I guess I should have acted interested in maybe changing my plans (I’m absolutely not though) and inquired what the promo was. Anyone care to call and confirm it’s the 30% discount? Sounds like the resort credit is off the table though as of right now... If anyone has early July dates they need to call and change, please specifically ask about a night resort credit and/or a room discount and post the response you get!

The final thing I asked about what the construction at the DLH. They aren’t being updated much on it but as far as she knows it has not been canceled or pushed back and was still going to take place this year, but might run behind schedule. I guess originally the room refurbishment was supposed to be done around beginning or mid October. She did mention that non of the amenities (restaurants, Trader Sams, pools) were part of the refurb but she wasn’t sure how the whole health thing would affect them...

I just got my monthly payment AP extended. It made sense for us because we got new passes this year and therefore had the down payment to deal. Made more sense $$$ wise to just extend. Got on the phone immediately and it was a smooth process. Then I had to hop on with the contracts line, that had about a 20-30 minute wait so that wasn’t fun.

Please do not post here to discuss speculation about the parks reopening. That discussion belongs in the Disneyland Reopening Speculation Thread. This post is for official news and non-rumors.
Just take a few seconds to double check that you are where you want to be (Closure Superthread on the trip planning board? Speculation thread on the Disneyland Community board?) before posting.

... He did confirm I'd still need to call to get a refund as opposed to eventually having an online option and I didn't get an entirely confident answer on when exactly would be the last day I'd be able to get that option (before the announcement? Before the opening? A few days after? )...
It has been posted on various blogs and on IG that CMs on the phone have said that they won't be told the AP deadline for making your choice until DLR announces an official reopening date. Once that official date gets announced, lots of other up-in-the-air issues will fall into place. They have said that there might not be a lot of time between the official reopening announcement and the make-your-choice deadline, so better to make your decision sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter