Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I currently have a vacation package booked for July 21, 2020 - July 26, 2020 for Disneyland. We are going to be staying at the Tropicana Inn & Suites and have 5 day park hopper tickets with MaxPass. I am wondering a few things about what will happen if we need to cancel and rebook for a later date...

1. If we cancel this trip , should I receive a full refund for my entire vacation package? I'm not sure with having the tickets and the MaxPass already purchased if I would receive refunds for either of those things. We used gift cards to pay off the vacation package, so I know that I would receive the refund back to those cards. Thankfully I still have all of those cards!!

2. If I keep my current July trip, and then book the August/September vacation package (just in case things go like it did with WDW and new hotel reservations/ticket purchases are cut off once the reopening date is announced), should I only book the hotel for August/September? Could I transfer the existing tickets and MaxPass over to that reservation? I think that if I book the second trip for August/September and choose to include the tickets, I think I would still get Park Hopper tickets but leave off the MaxPass. I think Disney would refund the extra Park Hopper amount if they don't allow people to hop from one park to the other when they first open back up, and MaxPass looks like something you can just when you walk into the park, if it is even available when the parks open up.

3. Should I just keep our current trip booked and then if Disneyland doesn't open by July 21, do you think Disneyland will contact me with the option of rebooking for a later date? I don't want to miss out on being able to go in August/September.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide! I've never booked a Disney vacation with the thought of having to cancel or rebook it :(

Just spoke with hotel reservations about my July 5th to the 7th reservation at the DLH. I first mentioned that I had heard the resort was still going to be closed during those dates and what my options were. She gave me a practiced speech about how it was a temporary closure based on the government and health districts guidelines and that I could be refunded or modify my dates. I pushed a little more and mentioned that a friend told me they had to rebook and were offer a discount or resort credit or something. The cast member asked me when my friends travel was and I said late June (I’m sure some “friend” here on the boards had a late June trip :P) and the cast member confirmed that there was an existing offer available for people that had disrupted trips in the June time frame but that Disney hadn’t announced anything new and that offer wasn’t available. I mentioned I was planning October as well and would hold onto the reservation just in case Disney announced something new soon and she advised that was a good idea and to check back DAILY if possible. She then asked about my October dates and when I told her (18th-22nd) she apologized that she thought there might be a promotion she could use but travel must be completed by October 4th.

This makes me think that they aren’t offering this promo any more, but if people specifically ask about it they may still be able to book it. I guess I should have acted interested in maybe changing my plans (I’m absolutely not though) and inquired what the promo was. Anyone care to call and confirm it’s the 30% discount? Sounds like the resort credit is off the table though as of right now... If anyone has early July dates they need to call and change, please specifically ask about a night resort credit and/or a room discount and post the response you get!

The final thing I asked about what the construction at the DLH. They aren’t being updated much on it but as far as she knows it has not been canceled or pushed back and was still going to take place this year, but might run behind schedule. I guess originally the room refurbishment was supposed to be done around beginning or mid October. She did mention that non of the amenities (restaurants, Trader Sams, pools) were part of the refurb but she wasn’t sure how the whole health thing would affect them...
DLR has not pulled the promo. But it is only for people who have had reservations cancelled by Disney and Disney has only cancelled stays through 6/27. Therefore you are not eligible for the cancellation offer.

Fwiw... They cancel one weeks worth at a time usually around Thurs/Fri. So the end of this week I’d guess they cancel through 7/4 and then the end of next week you might be eligible if you get cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter