Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad they are taking necessary precautions, the health and safety of people obviously comes first. Also still selfishly hoping it's a different picture in six weeks and I'm good to go for my first ever Disneyland trip on April 29th...but preparing myself to be disappointed at having to cancel so it's not as devastating in the moment.

My next trip to DL just happens to be April 1st. Do you guys think, if they do open that day, it’s going to be crazy crowded? Or do you think people will stay away? I also have a trip planned for Villain’s Night. If they cancel that would they refund the tickets?
I think it will be closed for at least a month. I have a trip planned mid April that I haven't cancelled yet. We'll see where we are with the virus outbreak in 2 weeks. My plan is to do my part to not spread the virus which means - working from home and not going out unless necessary. My hope is if everyone did that Disneyland can open in just a few weeks. But there are alot of people out there that are still gathering and spreading this disease that we still do not know enough about.

My pass expires today. I'm gonna go ahead and renew it. I'm sure they will extend annual passes

How long it lasts is going to depend on how much virus is really out there we don't know about and if we have cancelled enough things in time to slow the spread. It will also vary in different places since the US is not the same (look at the spanish flu thing- St. Louis did social distancing and was fine, but Philidephia had a parade and killed thousands). Hopefully the places with a lot of cases are quarantining enough to decrease spread, and there is enough social distancing happening in places with few cases that the virus will move really slowly and this will be over a little sooner.

As for people working from home, it's great if you can do it... but it's not just working class (or however you define warehouse/retail type jobs) people that still have to come in.. all of the doctors and nurses can't work from home... nor can the police and firefighters etc.

How long it lasts is going to depend on how much virus is really out there we don't know about and if we have cancelled enough things in time to slow the spread. It will also vary in different places since the US is not the same (look at the spanish flu thing- St. Louis did social distancing and was fine, but Philidephia had a parade and killed thousands). Hopefully the places with a lot of cases are quarantining enough to decrease spread, and there is enough social distancing happening in places with few cases that the virus will move really slowly and this will be over a little sooner.

As for people working from home, it's great if you can do it... but it's not just working class (or however you define warehouse/retail type jobs) people that still have to come in.. all of the doctors and nurses can't work from home... nor can the police and firefighters etc.

And God bless them for their selflessness and dedication.

I think the quote that has been used for fire and Police, "They run in when others are running out", can now be applied to our first line medical personnel, too.

I see that WDW has announced that it will extend AP's for the amount of time it is closed. Has anyone seen a similar announcement by DLR? I'm guessing and hoping it will follow suit. Hope everyone is staying healthy! I'm thankful Disney made this decision even though it will impact so many people.

Have you seen what is happening in Italy?
Maybe if you're young you'll do fine, but if your parents and grandparents have more than a 10% chance of dying if they get this, people should be taking it more seriously. It has already proven to be much more deadly than regular flu or cold, specifically in certain age groups.

The overreaction to this has already blown way past any negative effects the virus will have on its own.

We have a trip planned from New Zealand for 15-19 June along with some other USA travel, plus a wedding to attend in VA. I really hope things are improving by then so we can still go. It's a lot of money to lose travelling this distance when insurance excludes pandemic.

We are going to be cancelling our Easter trip with this news.

Really hoping for a summer trip but the health care system and everything has a long way to recover by then. First trip in 12 years. Sigh.

Probably a dumb question but do I have to go in and cancel our reservations (Oga's, BB, etc) too or when we cancel our tickets will it all get done simultaneously? We're waiting a couple days so people immediately affected can have priority since we have time.
You will need to cancel those dining reservations separately. You should be able to log into the app or your account online and do it easily. No need for a phone call, thank goodness! Sorry to hear about your trip...

You will need to cancel those dining reservations separately. You should be able to log into the app or your account online and do it easily. No need for a phone call, thank goodness! Sorry to hear about your trip...

Thanks for the help!

I see that WDW has announced that it will extend AP's for the amount of time it is closed. Has anyone seen a similar announcement by DLR? I'm guessing and hoping it will follow suit. Hope everyone is staying healthy! I'm thankful Disney made this decision even though it will impact so many people.
I will be following this...
If one Disney Parks does, I feel the others may too.

Sure hope so. It would be nice to have a few extra days on my pass.

I just found this online

Regarding AP extension

Passholders will get extension due to closure, Disney says.

I just got back from a 5 day stay i was very impressed with alla the steps disney had taken. purell starions all ovet the plce, people really washing their hands in the restrooms. I thought this is probably safer than previous trips.. We had an evening flight and hadnt heard of the closure until the airport. The grand california did a great job. Glad i was able to get it in before the closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter