Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for people working from home, it's great if you can do it... but it's not just working class (or however you define warehouse/retail type jobs) people that still have to come in.. all of the doctors and nurses can't work from home... nor can the police and firefighters etc.

Yeah, DH is working from home. I'll be working from the hospital. Fortunately, today was my day off, so no panic (okay just a little panic) when we were notified at 7pm last night that there's no school today or the next two weeks (at least). But I'm on for the weekend and into Monday, and as I've had no known contact with anyone infected with COVID19, I'll be there for my patients. Do not know what the future holds.

I know we don't have enough isolation rooms if this hits big here. Many of our rooms are doubles, and most of the singles are not equipped with negative pressure systems. In January, with no outbreak of anything in particular, we literally ran out of inpatient rooms. People in the ED were being treated in hallways on stretchers. I was running an observation unit in ED bays until rooms opened up in the main hospital.

Yes, because people's 401Ks being down, cruises being rescheduled and NBA games being canceled is far worse than the estimated 500K people in the US alone who might die from this virus if we don't flatten the curve. :sad2:

There's a lot of focus on the mortality of COVID19, and the intensive support some patients need. But not many people are talking about all the OTHER patients who will have resources directed away from them. People aren't going to stop having heart attacks, strokes, renal failure, broken bones, sepsis, etc. just because there's a viral outbreak. Public Health officials will be tracking the fate of those diagnosed with the virus, but what those figures won't show are the other patients whose outcomes were worsened because of the drain on the healthcare system. As a nurse, I'm worried about them, too.

If people don’t improve upon ‘social distancing,’ then the closure will probably be extended.

From park opening this morning:

This is why we are all going to end up locked in our homes. Because people won’t do what they’re supposed to. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Edited to add I don’t actually think we’ll end up locked in our homes. Hopefully. 🤣

The overreaction to this has already blown way past any negative effects the virus will have on its own.
Yeah, and a couple of weeks ago, everyone was saying that China was overreacting. When 1 country overreacts, that's one thing. How do you explain just about every major country worldwide overreacting? What about the NBA, NCAA, NHL, MLB, TV Shows, Theatres, Amusement Parks, Festivals......they all overreacting too? Lot of overreacting going on.

And the district my mom works in just announced they are cancelling school starting Monday. They are scheduled to return Monday, March 30 (which was the normal return date after spring break), but are advising parents to make plans in case the closure is extended for the district.

No word yet if missed days will have to be made up later.

My mom and I are trying to focus on positive things like we will have a chance to get a LOT of work done at home (cleaning, ditching, etc). No Disney and no teaching for her mean a lot of free time at home. Might as well be productive.

I still haven't heard about a couple other schools I work with for costumes if they are still open or not.

What’s most annoying about this whole thing is if these efforts are successful in avoiding major deaths due to hospital capacity shortage, all these folks shouting “overreaction!” will think they have been vindicated. Much like what happened with Y2K.

I’ve thought about that too.

What’s most annoying about this whole thing is if these efforts are successful in avoiding major deaths due to hospital capacity shortage, all these folks shouting “overreaction!” will think they have been vindicated. Much like what happened with Y2K.
I guess I’m okay with people spouting ignorance, if it means lives were saved.

What scares me is if people who think it was an overreaction sabotage containment efforts during the next pandemic.

I guess I’m okay with people spouting ignorance, if it means lives were saved.

What scares me is if people who think it was an overreaction sabotage containment efforts during the next pandemic.
My issue is that is indeed an overreaction, but even I will say lives will be saved in the short term, but in the long run, all of these shut downs will have such a devastating economic and social impact (this will affect the overall mental health of the nation) that it will cost far more lives than if this simply ran its course.

My issue is that is indeed an overreaction, but even I will say lives will be saved in the short term, but in the long run, all of these shut downs will have such a devastating economic and social impact (this will affect the overall mental health of the nation) that it will cost far more lives than if this simply ran its course.

Absolutely right. We should make no effort to prevent hundreds of thousands of people from dying. All those people dying and being hospitalized long-term will have absolutely no adverse effect on our economy, or on the mental health of people who love them.

In addition to the Disboards, I follow numerous Disneyland vloggers on YouTube, etc.. It is going to interesting to see how they fill the time until the parks reopen.
the main blogger I follow already said he still has a dozen or so reviews to complete and post. Keep those to 1 a week day and he can space it out pretty well. But...if it goes longer, what to do? haha. yeah, for the people that make their living off the theme parks that can't get in, it's going to be interesting to see if they fill us in on what they're doing with their free time.

We only have 45,000 ICU beds in the entire United States. That’s less than the daily maximum capacity of Disneyland park.

Two countries have already gone through this. South Korea “overreacted” and Italian citizens ignored most recommendations put forward by gov’t officials (for historical reasons).

It’s clear as day which country got it right.

Welp, here's a good one! SMH

We had reservations at Dockweiler RV Park (on the beach) in about 10 days and we have been notified that our reservations have been cancelled as they will be using the RV park for 'temporary emergency shelter due to the coronavirus'. We're going down for my nDH (non-Disney Husband) to take part in his sports hobby so we had to find another place to park the trailer

So we have booked to stay instead at....wait for it....Anaheim RV Park, where we usually stay if going to DL with the trailer. Normally it would have KILLED me to stay there and not go to DL (because we'll be busy). I mean, it still IS, but that's because it's closed.

You will need to cancel those dining reservations separately. You should be able to log into the app or your account online and do it easily. No need for a phone call, thank goodness! Sorry to hear about your trip...

DLR cancelled mine automatically, got emails from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter