Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run Disney canceled the Star Wars run held April 16-19th at Disneyworld. I don’t think we will see the parks open in April.

The park in Shanghai has already started a phased reopening (and other entertainment parks are slowly reopening). That's a couple of months.

The reopening dates here will really depend on how the social distancing goes.

That’s good but I still think it will be a very long time. Scary thing is, Spanish flu started during the same time of year, got better but came back with a vengeance in the Fall when it killed most people. Hopefully that happen with Covid19

That’s good but I still think it will be a very long time. Scary thing is, Spanish flu started during the same time of year, got better but came back with a vengeance in the Fall when it killed most people. Hopefully that happen with Covid19
Hopefully our scientists will find a treatment that will help people by then. A number of meds are already being studied, including some that have already been approved for other medical uses.

Still holding on to an outside hope that our end of May trip will be a go, but realizing it might be postponed.

Hopefully our scientists will find a treatment that will help people by then. A number of meds are already being studied, including some that have already been approved for other medical uses.

Still holding on to an outside hope that our end of May trip will be a go, but realizing it might be postponed.

I’m hopeful they will find a treatment soon too but it takes a long time unfortunately. I’m expecting it to be like this for a while but hopefully I’m wrong

I would think they would be shooting to have things up and running by summer vacation time.

I would think they would be shooting to have things up and running by summer vacation time.
It's not up to them. I think it will be additional time before they allow that many people to congregate together. There may even be limitations and ride closures. China may be very slowly getting back to normal, but they are also going to take the temperature of all guests going to any amusement park. Are the U.S. parks ready to do that too?

Maybe they should be shooting for the park's Birthday in July.

It's not up to them. I think it will be additional time before they allow that many people to congregate together. There may even be limitations and ride closures. China may be very slowly getting back to normal, but they are also going to take the temperature of all guests going to any amusement park. Are the U.S. parks ready to do that too?

Maybe they should be shooting for the park's Birthday in July.
I think mid may with heavily modified operations is fairly realistic, but time will tell. The problem Disney and other theme parks that off it are going to face is with the monthly payments on the APs, people aren't going to be willing to keep paying for them on a promise that someday they will be able to be used, at some point, Disney and others will have to put a pause to the monthly payments or at least provide an option to do so.

As for taking temperatures, I think that the U.S. parks can do this, after all we already have metal detectors that virtually everyone has to walk through and there is technology that can be added that takes temperatures at the same time. No, it is not a perfect temperature, but it is close enough to determine if someone needs to be pulled aside for secondary screening or if their temperature is definitely within the healthy range.

I think mid may with heavily modified operations is fairly realistic, but time will tell. The problem Disney and other theme parks that off it are going to face is with the monthly payments on the APs, people aren't going to be willing to keep paying for them on a promise that someday they will be able to be used, at some point, Disney and others will have to put a pause to the monthly payments or at least provide an option to do so.

Six flags is halting monthly payments on memberships right now.

As for taking temperatures, I think that the U.S. parks can do this, after all we already have metal detectors that virtually everyone has to walk through and there is technology that can be added that takes temperatures at the same time. No, it is not a perfect temperature, but it is close enough to determine if someone needs to be pulled aside for secondary screening or if their temperature is definitely within the healthy range.

Taking temperatures is almost completely worthless.... you are contagious way before you’re running a fever. I mean, yeah, I guess they could implement this, but if the virus is still raging it’s not going to stop outbreaks.

At least they are being realistic about things. I wish that Disney would come out with an announcement. I know that they originally hoped that things would get back to normal before the very lucrative spring break/Easter season, but that is not going to happen. I mean, they are obviously not opening in 12 days.
I bet they will soon with the new statewide stay-at-home order.

Six flags is halting monthly payments on memberships right now.
Six Flags memberships are different. They don't have an end date on them, you just have an up front commitment to pay for 12 months and then you can cancel at any time there after. With Disney you have an end date for payments and for pass expiration, they are going to keep charging the payments but the end date on your pass will move out based on how long they are closed.

I think this strategy also helps them stem the inevitable tidal wave of calls for refunds that will overwhelm the CMs. By dealing with the requests/demands for refunds in order of date and only by official announcement, at least the CMs have a limit of sorts on the number of guests they are dealing with at a time. Since the governor's order doesn't have an official end date, Disney may well be making a series of rolling announcements...

Yeah, I totally get that. But if that's the case, each rolling announcement brings a new tidal wave of guests calling regardless. As someone who works in guest services, dealing with someone like me when I call is one less person who's going to call when the next tidal wave of announcements and cancellations hit and I got through in legit two minutes so it's the calm before the next storm, given the announcements in CA that came out last night.

Again, I get it, I do. I didn't argue, even though I wanted to because I know what the deal is. But it's just a frustrating situation all around 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter