Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capistrano Unified School District (South Orange County) has stated school will resume May 4. Maybe there is hope things will get back to normal in May.
The same for school districts in LA county. Teachers go back on May 4 and students on May 5. However it is subject to change again.

... and maybe yet another reminder to stay on topic before we go down a rabbit hole of virus discussions 🙄 ...
Your wish is my command... (and, sigh, the reminder appears to be necessary yet again).

For those participating in this thread: Remember to keep your comments ON TOPIC. This thread is a discussion about the DLR Closure related to COVID-19, not about the virus itself, politics, economics, science, etc. Off topic comments will be deleted. And while it is understandable to be upset with the current circumstances in the world today, please refrain from dumping on or venting at others in this thread. Keep your comments self controlled and respectful and courteous. Thank you.
For those posters who are managing to keep this thread on topic and to keep their comments respectful and kind, way to go! Gold stars and a big thank you!
Now, on with the discussion...

I have Wine Seminars booked for mid April. I’ll update as the refund process moves along. I heard it’s up to 30 days after the event either here or on the F&W thread to get your money back. Should be interesting. I’ll call Disney later next week and verify.

YIKES!! They changed the terms for unused multi day tickets! Before yesterdays update it said the expiration would extend to Jan 13, 2022, now it says they are only valid until their original expiration date. I'm kicking myself for not getting a screen shot!

YIKES!! They changed the terms for unused multi day tickets! Before yesterdays update it said the expiration would extend to Jan 13, 2022, now it says they are only valid until their original expiration date. I'm kicking myself for not getting a screen shot!
Someone else here might have taken one. Can someone post a screen shot of the old terms for Cal-Pie?

I noticed that, and I'm disappointed.

Yes disappointing. For Christmas I gave my sister three multi-day tickets (purchased at Target) that have an expiration date of Dec 2020. It had been a relief to know she had until January 2022 to use them, but I now it is back to use by Dec 2020. If she goes after that I guess she could still get credit for their value and upgrade to whatever the current multi-day ticket price is in 2021.

This thread is a discussion about the DLR Closure related to COVID-19, not about the virus itself, politics, economics, science, etc. Off topic comments will be deleted.

Does this mean that speculation about when the parks might reopen is also off-topic for this thread? Because it's impossible to have an informed discussion about, say, whether existing reservations in June will be cancelled without talking about "science" and "the virus itself." Should we have another superthread for park reopen date speculation?

Just cancelled our Disneyland Hotel stay for middle of April and I just wanted to make a few comments.
1) When canceling they ask if you want to rebook for a different date and after several minutes figuring a date they tell you the price is different. Why not say that in the first place instead of making it sound like you'll get the same rate you are canceling. I can easily look on their slow website and book my overpriced room just fine.
2) After canceling I was told it will take 1 to 2 billing cycles to see the charges come off the credit card. Of course the price difference for the new reservation went through immediately.
It just seems Disney Travel operates as a travel agency in the 80s. They probably have a blockbuster video nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter