Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did it take 30 minutes to register your preference? That sounds unbelievably long.

I have absolutely no idea, it took her about 12 minutes just to get to the point that she was verifying my husband's information with him after he gave her his AP barcode number. Maybe their systems are slow but she didn't indicate that there were issues or she was having difficulties so I have no real clue. It really was a very long time to do something that seems like it would be simple and done many times each day.

Has anyone else re-booked a cancelled DLR room with the 35% off plus $50 gift card, and then successfully moved the dates once again, while keeping the discount and gift card?

We had an April trip that I cancelled and then re-booked with the special offer for the middle of August, as an optimistic time frame guess. Now that it's pretty evident August will be a no-go, I wonder if I'll be able to keep the discount and incentive for another date, possibly in the fall or sometime in the later part of 2020...

We're just driving whenever we get to go, so I don't have to worry about airfare, and we already have our DL tickets, so I may wait until July to actually reschedule the room.

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for keeping this thread going. As always, very grateful to Disboards and this great forum. :) I hope everyone is staying safe.
I had to reschedule my Easter weekend trip to July with the offer, and she said I would not be able to change the dates again unless the parks were not open in July during my trip. Then she said if that happened, I would only be able to apply the offer if rooms were still available at that time with the offer. The offer only goes until 10/3 for the % off and the $50 room credit (she explained it is NOT a GC, it is a room credit that only applies to things you charge to the room; she did say they had not be told if parking would be allowable for the room credit to apply towards). The offer goes until December for the $50 per night room credit only with no room discount. Here is the email I received:

A Special Offer for Eligible Guests
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, eligible Guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels may receive a $50 per night resort credit* for stays between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. In addition to the resort credit, eligible Guests may also take advantage of a special Disneyland Resort offer to save up to 35%** on stays most nights June 19, 2020 through October 3, 2020.

Can I just post here how sad I was yesterday? I miss being worried about if we would get a boarding group or not. Seems so silly now.
I miss the fun we had every morning posting about BGs and finding out who got one and which number. Those were good times! Hope we can do that again in the not too distant future.
Nothing wrong with being human and sharing your heart here. Most of us totally understand and share your feelings of loss. Our shared love for Disney is what called most of us to join this community and it's what's helping to keep us going now. Nothing silly about that... Big hug to you!

... I really, genuinely look forward to trip planning with all of you later this year, if for no other reason than it means WE SURVIVED and things will be okay, even if they're a little bit different.
Amen to this! I think that's one thing that I'm so looking forward to as well -- standing in front of the castle, with tears streaming down my face, thinking how we all made it through this. And we're looking forward to helping you with your trip planning, too! :)

10 minute test, per person multiply that by 10-15 thousand.

10 min for the results, not 10 min per person to administer...we often wait far longer than that in screening lines now!

Point being they adapted and developed a test in mere days. There will be a way for DL to open before we have a vaccine as many elude to.

Just an FYI from an European point of view. We already have to go through a check before our passports are stamped. We get an eyeball scan and an finger print scan as well as questions about our purpose in America and what we plan to do and see. People just accept as this as normal now, so any new procedures regarding Covid 19 could just be added on to these checks and while yes it will take longer, people will just adapt. Sorry for the speculation but it could be that before you get to the USA Homelands Security Agent, you have to go through a temperature check or something similar. Adding another 10 or 15 minutes to the USA Homelands Security checkpoint is not going to make that much of a difference to international travelers.

10 min for the results, not 10 min per person to administer...we often wait far longer than that in screening lines now!

Point being they adapted and developed a test in mere days. There will be a way for DL to open before we have a vaccine as many elude to.
I'm curious. All the articles I have been able to read on it say it can only detect covid 19 antibodies not whether there is an active infection. They also state testing positive will not deny a passenger the ability to fly, since it doesn't show if they are currently ill or may have just been exposed to it in the past. Not sure what good this does.

They also state testing positive will not deny a passenger the ability to fly, since it doesn't show if they are currently ill or may have just been exposed to it in the past. Not sure what good this does.
I think they would do this in conjunction with temperature checks and possibly asking if people have flu like symptoms. Alone your right it wouldn't tell if someone was sick at that moment but it could help to lead to further investigation into that persons current health status.

Closure information page updated:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/
No online choice for AP on payment plan to choose option 2. They've now confirmed you have to call to get option 2.

Same for anyone who paid in full that wants a prorated refund.

Disappointing there is no online option. The cost of calling from the UK with a potential very long waiting time will cancel out a lot of the benefit of even trying to get it refunded. I bought my Flex Pass towards the end of January, August hols are off. I'd rather just cut my losses and buy again when I can plan a few trips in a year.

Disappointing there is no online option. The cost of calling from the UK with a potential very long waiting time will cancel out a lot of the benefit of even trying to get it refunded. I bought my Flex Pass towards the end of January, August hols are off. I'd rather just cut my losses and buy again when I can plan a few trips in a year.

Agreed on wishing for an online option. My issue is I hate calling and talking to people. Plus I know I'm just adding to the stress of the call center CMs :(. Currently on hold for 40 minutes and counting myself with no estimate. I can't imagine doing this as an international call. I'm so sorry.

I would check in via chat/email/Facebook/whatever to see if there is any alternative for someone in your situation where it's cost prohibitive to call. It would be nice if they added an online option if just for people who can't call.

looks like they are mirroring Walt Disney World, and unofficially aiming for a June 1 reopening

Yeah, it was seeing WDW's that triggered me to go check again to see if we finally got a DLR update. June 1 falls in line with what many have speculated for possible opening too. Or the aimed for one.

Closure information page updated:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/
No online choice for AP on payment plan to choose option 2. They've now confirmed you have to call to get option 2.

Same for anyone who paid in full that wants a prorated refund.
Glad I proactively contacted them a couple days ago to request option #2. I only had to wait a few minutes. Suspect the lines will be much more crowded today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter