Surprise 2020 DVC mailer with window clings

It's not in reverse? I didn't look that closely but since the design is to the inside and not facing up on the page I assumed it was.
Mine was facing up on the page i.e. could be read without removing it from the paper. When I pulled it up the clingy side was on the back so I had to put it on the outside of the window.

Mine was facing up on the page i.e. could be read without removing it from the paper. When I pulled it up the clingy side was on the back so I had to put it on the outside of the window.

lol - as I said I hadn't looked at it real close. Mine is the same. What I hadn't realized is that it was white writing so I thought it was facing down! In my head I was thinking it would be a white background with black writing. :laughing: Well, yes, that's a bit strange.

I didn't realize it was in reverse. I saw it and assumed it went inside the car. I was super excited about getting something that couldn't be stolen. Now I am bummed. It will almost certainly 100% be stolen Even if it's not, it won't hold up to the harsh road conditions up here where we get snow, ice, salt, have to scrape our windows and get frequent washes to remove the salt.

Well, that's a bummer. Maybe I will put it on my TV.

A little clear packing tape or clear vinyl over the top would make it a bit more permanent and harder to steal or lose in the car wash.

A little clear packing tape or clear vinyl over the top would make it a bit more permanent and harder to steal or lose in the car wash.

Sadly, clear plastic tape mixed with a scraper which causes the tape to develop microfractures makes it an attractant for dirt, mud and salt. the entire thing gets dingy and disgusting in record time. Assuming of course that the edges of the tape even hold up against the scraper. I could maybe tape it to the bumper or something. But windows that get scrapped don't make a good location. I am not keen about taping decals to other areas of car in general. They can be difficult to remove. As it is, magnets can get pretty disgusting over time.

When you live in harsh climate conditions, you depend on the outside of the vehicle to protect against the elements, and anything that should be protected needs to be on the inside.

The best solution might be a light tape against the inside of the window.

Sadly, clear plastic tape mixed with a scraper which causes the tape to develop microfractures makes it an attractant for dirt, mud and salt. the entire thing gets dingy and disgusting in record time. Assuming of course that the edges of the tape even hold up against the scraper. I could maybe tape it to the bumper or something. But windows that get scrapped don't make a good location. I am not keen about taping decals to other areas of car in general. They can be difficult to remove. As it is, magnets can get pretty disgusting over time.

When you live in harsh climate conditions, you depend on the outside of the vehicle to protect against the elements, and anything that should be protected needs to be on the inside.

The best solution might be a light tape against the inside of the window.
This is why I suggested clear vinyl as well.
We use stuff similar to this to protect vehicle finishes and vehicle graphics on the race(rally) cars my company produces. It WILL hold up to the toughest road conditions including ice, snow, salt and some of the coarsest gravel you will ever see. Of course at this point you could just hire a vehicle graphics shop to copy the cling in vinyl. It is just a window cling after all. Though it did probably cost us more than the average window cling :rotfl:. I suppose it's as expensive as a backpack too.
https://smile.amazon.com/VViViD-Cle...d=1576530799&sprefix=3m+clear,aps,182&sr=8-11

Got mine today, and it has all the appearances of being a sticker, not a window cling. There is a sticky adhesive on the back of it, way too sticky to be considered a window cling. And the fact that it goes on the outside, not the inside, means it will not go on my car window since we have winter weather with snow and ice here in Pennsylvania.

I hope I get it. Still havent received. Im in New York.

We will be picking up our mail on Thursday, hoping to find this little surprise! Our Passholder magnet has been on for years and it still looks spiffy!

Apparently my Saturn isn’t metal, magnets don’t work, but I still have an antenna topper!

Better than the magnets which keep getting stolen or getting lost in car washes!
What is it with the magnets???? Mine get stolen a lot, and ONLY at WDW.

I got mine too, but had not looked at it. It goes on the outside of the window?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WTH! I have 4 window clings from fun ones to parking permits. they all go on the INSIDE!

It’s a sticker. Wont be using them. In fact they are already in the trash.
The two I received are clings, not stickers. I've moved one of them around several times without any effort or residual glue or any problem at all.

I'm sorry DVC didn't print them so that they could be attached to the inside of the window, but I do appreciate receiving clings in place of magnets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter